QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I felt my ears burning how's the boys going Macca? Not that I'm stalking the Viking remotely, but I've noticed no fergs, Kingy or Jordy for awhile, injuries? It's also interesting looking at vicky points team. Solid, but brings back memories as it would for you. And just for the record I'm down in Geelong playing for Barwon heads now as my old man is abit ill and we wanted to be closer. I'll be keeping an eye on you but

Hey Swampy, great to hear from you mate. Sadly I think we are just limping through to the end of the season. Fergs has officially retired due to his old legs; Kingy retired to join the police force and Jordy smashed his collarbone in a snowboarding accident. So a tough finish to things for us.
Yeah very deja vue with the Vicky Point team. A bit disappointed with some of them but such is life. Good first year up a level with some really good blokes who have joined the club but we need more numbers still. Wal and Scary playing a couple of ressies games.
Sorry to hear about your dad, hope he gets better soon and that you are enjoying your footy.

vic point is an interesting one, they are openly a social club playing in a slightly more than social comp, the blokes they permit in tend to be mates of other players just looking to have a kick together
I think if you permit 5 or 6 players that can obviously play a bit, you are fully aware it is going to impact the result. If they just want to have a kick together than play 2nd's.

Just seems more a ploy with some clubs , rather than blokes having an innocent kick like KP.

KP you sound a bit like a mole spreading your services around like you do mate?

I think if you permit 5 or 6 players that can obviously play a bit, you are fully aware it is going to impact the result. If they just want to have a kick together than play 2nd's.

Just seems more a ploy with some clubs , rather than blokes having an innocent kick like KP.

KP you sound a bit like a mole spreading your services around like you do mate?

I agree with you Blocker about permitted players. I think permits should end June 30 with clearances. Just got a couple of questions about these players. How many games can they actually play on permits and can they be permitted to play finals ? I've heard a lot of stories both ways so I'd be interested to know exactly which is right.

I agree with you Blocker about permitted players. I think permits should end June 30 with clearances. Just got a couple of questions about these players. How many games can they actually play on permits and can they be permitted to play finals ? I've heard a lot of stories both ways so I'd be interested to know exactly which is right.

Permit players definitely can't play finals. Need to be clearanced to the club and played the minimum number of games to be eligible to play finals.

And then embarrass yourselves as you don't have the gun players you had on permit which helped you make finals.

Does nothing for morale around a club.
Wow Blocker, you must be pretty pissed with your club, given that they've named 4 Coomera boys to play for your ones side this week. Hope it doesn't affect morale too much.

Why bother against Bond away?? 4 won't be enough down there.

Pretty sure VP aren't too fussed about protecting percentage if that's the reason, they either win or rest 10 & lose by 15 goals..

Why bother against Bond away?? 4 won't be enough down there.

Pretty sure VP aren't too fussed about protecting percentage if that's the reason, they either win or rest 10 & lose by 15 goals..

And considering Bond touched up Coomera by 50 odd points in pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow Blocker, you must be pretty pissed with your club, given that they've named 4 Coomera boys to play for your ones side this week. Hope it doesn't affect morale too much.
Twinkles ours is more about playing or forfeiting . We have been through 75 players this year already and with injuries, suspensions we just can't field a side with some help. We are already playing all our kids and our reserves are mainly all old boys who have only come to help us out and have no interest in playing seniors.

We have no other alternative unfortunately mate and our coach has a good association with a few of the Coomera boys.

If we were playing permitted players to try and win a game, I assure you it wouldn't be against Bond at their home ground.

Yeah blocker beat me to it... We have been dealt shit cards this year and in actual fact have about 12 out of the senior side who played in the first 4 rounds... Plus another 4 injuries since then... To that add about 14 reserves through injury and commitments this wknd and we are left with not many. I myself am not due back for another couple but had to be a body on the park last week and this week too... The top up means we don't get whacked with a big fine no one can afford....

And considering Bond touched up Coomera by 50 odd points in pre-season.
Agree with all your comments boys and fully agree. There is no way 4 players are going to make any difference in the result. We haven't used a permitted player all year in our seniors apart from maybe using it whilst waiting on a clearance that
hadn't been obtained.

If we were trying to ambush a team with permitted players like some clubs have, I don't think Bond would be our choice.

We just appreciate the help from Coomera to avoid a fine. Hope that clears it up boys, as we wouldn't be doing it if we had a full list of players to select a couple of teams from.

Yeah blocker beat me to it... We have been dealt shit cards this year and in actual fact have about 12 out of the senior side who played in the first 4 rounds... Plus another 4 injuries since then... To that add about 14 reserves through injury and commitments this wknd and we are left with not many. I myself am not due back for another couple but had to be a body on the park last week and this week too... The top up means we don't get whacked with a big fine no one can afford....
More than happy if any GM boys that have a bye would like a kick to help us out.

Nice trip down to Bond!!

Twinkles ours is more about playing or forfeiting . We have been through 75 players this year already and with injuries, suspensions we just can't field a side with some help. We are already playing all our kids and our reserves are mainly all old boys who have only come to help us out and have no interest in playing seniors.

We have no other alternative unfortunately mate and our coach has a good association with a few of the Coomera boys.

If we were playing permitted players to try and win a game, I assure you it wouldn't be against Bond at their home ground.
No worries Blocker, reckon every club has been in your situation at one stage or another. Probably safer to assume that clubs don't use permit players to win in future though, more likely, they find themselves in your position. I just found it too ironic to not take the piss, given your earlier posts.
Good luck for tomorrow and good on the boys from Coomera for helping out, they're actually mates of mine.

No worries Blocker, reckon every club has been in your situation at one stage or another. Probably safer to assume that clubs don't use permit players to win in future though, more likely, they find themselves in your position. I just found it too ironic to not take the piss, given your earlier posts.
Good luck for tomorrow and good on the boys from Coomera for helping out, they're actually mates of mine.
I did say to a few of the boys at the club last night that I have set myself up to get smashed over the permit issue.

I think we all need the system in place , but some how it needs some clear guide lines so it is used for the right situation.

I don't know the Coomera boys personally but I do appreciate their help. Might cost me a few beers. Although they tell me the Bond ground is a dry argument ? Is that right?

I did say to a few of the boys at the club last night that I have set myself up to get smashed over the permit issue.

I think we all need the system in place , but some how it needs some clear guide lines so it is used for the right situation.

I don't know the Coomera boys personally but I do appreciate their help. Might cost me a few beers. Although they tell me the Bond ground is a dry argument ? Is that right?
Yeah, you'll need to stock up on the way down--- no bar at Bond

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back