QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone answer the question as to
why T.Moncur played for Victoria Point on 26th July against Cararra and kicked 8 goals. But I just checked the Sunraysia League in Victoria and he played for Redcliffs on 18th July and again on the weekend 1st August.

My understanding is that there is no interstate permits unless the player is fully cleared by 30th June. So how can he play in 2 states after 30th June?

Anyone shed some light. Especially anyone from Viccy Point?

Few clubs will be filthy if he played unregistered and had such an impact.

Prepared to give benefit of doubt, but we did ask the same question of AFLQ a few weeks ago with Timmy Peck and were told unless player is fully cleared before 30th June no interstate players can play in QLD as no permit system exist between QLD and any other states?
Yeah, you're spot on there Blocker, that is definitely the rule.

It was the same Moncur that was dominating Redlands playing for Mt Gravatt 10+ years ago.

I don't know the actual rules but considering he played under his real name he was obviously cleared, so I'd assume it's an AFLQ issue not Viccy Point pulling a swifty?

Saying that Carrara were nowhere near VP that day & if he hadn't of kicked them someone else would have.

It was the same Moncur that was dominating Redlands playing for Mt Gravatt 10+ years ago.

I don't know the actual rules but considering he played under his real name he was obviously cleared, so I'd assume it's an AFLQ issue not Viccy Point pulling a swifty?

Saying that Carrara were nowhere near VP that day & if he hadn't of kicked them someone else would have.
I wasn't making any acquisitions about Viccy Point pulling a swiftly Veal but more intrigued at how it could be done.

We would all love to pull in a player of his talent on any given weekend to help get a result that we are after, but it is just not allowed.

Considering the effects 4 points has to Carrara finishing 3rd and Pirates finishing 5th it is unfortunately an issue if correct.

Let's hope it doesn't matter in the long run but teams need to be aware and League should be all over this considering the fees we pay for them to administer the league.

I agree it is a flawed rule but we all play by the same ones.

Any truth in the rumor that GM travelled to Arizona during their recent two bye break for a high altitude trading camp and when are they due back? NP, Morro,Buzza and scratch me back ?

Sorry for the delay we just landed .. haha . And I'm sure as you seem to know a ridiculous amount to of people you would know timmy put us through our paces.

I've not played the Suns at home but if they are anything like cobras then it's going to be a massive task . They came within a kick of knocking us off there last year and I reckon will be a kick in it at the final siren .

Fletcher at one end temps and flower at the other could make for a shootout .

They are coached well and have genuine guns at this level so I thank the results from earlier this year wouldn't have to much of an issue on this game .

I'm sure bucky will be giving advice from the side lines to morro .

Sorry for the delay we just landed .. haha . And I'm sure as you seem to know a ridiculous amount to of people you would know timmy put us through our paces.

I've not played the Suns at home but if they are anything like cobras then it's going to be a massive task . They came within a kick of knocking us off there last year and I reckon will be a kick in it at the final siren .

Fletcher at one end temps and flower at the other could make for a shootout .

They are coached well and have genuine guns at this level so I thank the results from earlier this year wouldn't have to much of an issue on this game .

I'm sure bucky will be giving advice from the side lines to morro .

I'm tipping Morro will get lost finding the ground and wont make it to Cobra Park, sorry Suns Stadium lol

Clearly Vic Point have pulled a swifty.

They should get a forfeit for the games Moncur has played

going to be a cracker this week Pirates V Vic Point, plenty of feeling between the two teams with the winner likely to grab 5th spot. If Vic Point get up we could hear more about Moncur in the coming weeks.

It's a forfeit, simple as that.

any game he played must be a forfeit
I know what your getting at, I agree that if a team play's unregistered players they should loose the points however when was the last time the league took points off a team for similar situation? How was Moncur able to be up loaded onto team sheet online if no permit was in place?

the sportingpulse system lets you do a permit. But usually an AFLQ representative will contact you warning you that if an interstate permit player plays, you will forfeit as the permit would be seen by the staff at AFLQ.

dumb that the system allows an illegal permit, but thats one of many dumb things around these parts.

If its the difference between teams missing finals, then they should absolutely be punished. Although the debacle in the U/18's with Aspley last year suggests it will be a little pat on the backside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah where aspley deliberately cheated where this could be an honest mistake
If it is an honest mistake would be nice to hear from someone at Viccy Point as to how it was a mistake?

Can't quite work out how you can play in Victoria on 18th July and then up here on 26th July after clearances closed on 30th June no matter how furked the system is.

I've got no involvement at VP but I seriously doubt they would risk a new clubs reputation by playing a bloke under his own name. He was cleared so as far as I can gather AFLQ should explain the mess up.

While we're on the topic how many UQ/Coomera/Yeronga players can we expect to see on Park Ridge's team sheet this week? Or is it Cararra/Burleigh this time because they've got the bye??

You blokes bang on about not being able to field a side due to injuries but I guarantee VP have gone through more players this season than you blokes. Every time I go down there to watch it's a completely different side.

I've got no involvement at VP but I seriously doubt they would risk a new clubs reputation by playing a bloke under his own name. He was cleared so as far as I can gather AFLQ should explain the mess up.

While we're on the topic how many UQ/Coomera/Yeronga players can we expect to see on Park Ridge's team sheet this week? Or is it Cararra/Burleigh this time because they've got the bye??

You blokes bang on about not being able to field a side due to injuries but I guarantee VP have gone through more players this season than you blokes. Every time I go down there to watch it's a completely different side.
Veal not that I have to explain to you mate but we have used 3 UQ players in our reserves for one game and last week we used 5 Coomera players in both seniors and reserves.

Apart from the last 2 games we have not permitted anyone else to my knowledge. We have been through over 78 players of our own. Not sure how many more players we can drag out, so hence the reason for trying to get a few on permit.

Big difference in banging on about getting players to field 2 sides than using players on permit to win a game of footy.

Any game we have won this year has been with Park Ridge registered players which we can confirm all above board.

I am sure we will clear up the matter with Viccy Point on the weekend.

No need to get all uptight Veal when I was only asking a question.

Ipswich v Beenleigh. Ipswich by 45
Suns v Roosters. Roosters by 35
Pine Rivers v Wynuum Pine by 12
Redcliffe V Bond Bond by 25
Vic Point V Pirates. Vic Point by 40

I like how you say you have no involvement with VP Veal but you clearly do. But anyway hope this permit situation gets cleared up before finals.

Ipswich by 80
Roosters by 48
Wynnum by 1
Bond by 90
Pirates but haven't seen the team lists

If wasting my money over the bar at the Sharks counts as involvement then yes, guilty as charged. Can't make it today but should be a cracker in what is effectively an elimination final for both sides.

Ipswich
Roosters
Wynnum
Bond
VP just, but no Moncur could be the difference..

I just looked at the ladder & it seems VP are now a game behind Park Ridge going into this round?? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they were even at the start of the week?? Maybe you blokes are right & they have done something amiss.

Suns beat GM 77 - 58, Park Ridge beat VP 100 - 94 and Bond beating Redcliffe 166 - 24. Interesting stuff. Pretty much locks in the top 5 in the order of Bond, GM, Suns, Carrara then either PR/VP.

Last edited:
Suns beat GM 77 - 58, Park Ridge beat VP 100 - 94 and Bond beating Redcliffe 166 - 24. Interesting stuff. Pretty much locks in the top 5 in the order of Bond, GM, Suns, Carrara then either PR/VP.
GM looked average against a much hungrier Suns outfit IMO. Doesn't matter, neither of them will beat Bond in the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back