QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Pirates v saints game good hard contest in both grade..be some very sore body's today.
As coach monk said probably the most physical game the pirates have had all year..credit to the saints.
blocker has said it previously but great to see 4 of our young boys playing seniors (19,17 and two 16 year olds) and another couple in the ressies.
again to carrara great contest and also for staying for a beer after the game.....not just 4 or five but just about the whole team...good day of football.

Unfortunately wasn't at the game yesterday as took a couple of our boys down south for a kick in the Northern League (Formerly Diamond Valley) for a kick with Lalor.

Both boys played seniors and didn't disappoint, named best and second best. Just goes to show our league is getting stronger and our boys can compete at a solid level compared down south.

Great to see our coach and club giving these younger players opportunities to play seniors. I know Buffs, Carrara are similar to us with playing the youth and I am sure will help all our clubs with sustainability. I know Redcliffe have U17's or 19's so they are also on the right path.

Now this is better some actual discussion, I found this on another thread hopefully these kids have some good coaching

The main facets of good coaching
Recruiting
Motivator
Tactician
Teaching.
Some coaches are good tactically but don't have the ability or personality to motivate players. These coaches don't teach the players anything significant so they need to have a good assistant that can motivate players to plug the void in their deficiency.

A good coach is well recognised in all of those main parts & a very good coach excels in 3 or all of those main parts.
There are premiership coaches out there that were only good at a couple of the main parts & these coaches deficiencies are only exposed by having an open cheque book to purchase gun recruits, which leads to the team winning.
There is no development here or sustainability. That would be the right path

Logan, don't want to burst your bubble mate as all your points are very valid, but I made the post on this forum? The post before yours?

Was two boys from QAFA A?

Unfortunately wasn't at the game yesterday as took a couple of our boys down south for a kick in the Northern League (Formerly Diamond Valley) for a kick with Lalor.

Both boys played seniors and didn't disappoint, named best and second best. Just goes to show our league is getting stronger and our boys can compete at a solid level compared down south.

Great to see our coach and club giving these younger players opportunities to play seniors. I know Buffs, Carrara are similar to us with playing the youth and I am sure will help all our clubs with sustainability. I know Redcliffe have U17's or 19's so they are also on the right path.
Hey blocker did Stevie Mashall look after the boys down at the bloods!!! How did they go?

Well the no 4 for the Buffs carved up and the positioning and structure was terrible by both teams, looked like u18.
Suns disposal by hand and foot was disgraceful,It was an insipid display by the Suns , Terribly coached. Buffs put in a good display for 7th v first

Think your being a bit harsh their oldlogancodger. The Suns senior coach hasn't lost a game in the seniors this year so not fair to say it was shit coaching. The game wasn't the best to watch but Beenleigh did flood the Suns forward line at times which helped stop the Suns from kicking as many goals as they would have liked. At the end of they day a 4 goal win and another 4 points to sit on top of the ladder undefeated is a pretty good effort. No doubt the Buffs have picked up players and has made them more competitive which is good for the comp. Will be a cracker next Saturday when the suns take on the lions.

Last edited:
Hey blocker did Stevie Mashall look after the boys down at the bloods!!! How did they go?

Yes mate SOP is a cracking bloke along with his old man Peter. Both were super players in their day.

Unfortunately they have huge amount of injuries at present so there was a few playing seniors that normally wouldn't.

They have a great culture and look after each other.

Yes mate SOP is a cracking bloke along with his old man Peter. Both were super players in their day.

Unfortunately they have huge amount of injuries at present so there was a few playing seniors that normally wouldn't.

They have a great culture and look after each other.

Sorry Big Red they got beat by about 8 goals by Diamond Creek at Creek.

Very true clubman...very disappointing day all round for us. Well done to the swannies on their wins!
Not much more to say for us.
They need to take hold of their chances when they have them. Talented bunch of players but can't finish games macman. Hate to say it but they will regret the talent and opportunity they have to maybe play finals.

They need to take hold of their chances when they have them. Talented bunch of players but can't finish games macman. Hate to say it but they will regret the talent and opportunity they have to maybe play finals.

Yeah a few of us had a chat along those lines after the game. we have a habit of getting ourselves into a hole, behind at the last change and then even though we dominate possession in the last we just cant do enough to win. have lost quite a few of those close ones now and it does not get any easier to swallow. Lot of very talented players but we are still a bit light on depth wise and that hurts us a bit as well, especially around this time of season.
But it is a good club with a good bunch of boys so we will fight on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now this is better some actual discussion, I found this on another thread hopefully these kids have some good coaching

The main facets of good coaching
Recruiting
Motivator
Tactician
Teaching.
Some coaches are good tactically but don't have the ability or personality to motivate players. These coaches don't teach the players anything significant so they need to have a good assistant that can motivate players to plug the void in their deficiency.

A good coach is well recognised in all of those main parts & a very good coach excels in 3 or all of those main parts.
There are premiership coaches out there that were only good at a couple of the main parts & these coaches deficiencies are only exposed by having an open cheque book to purchase gun recruits, which leads to the team winning.
There is no development here or sustainability. That would be the right path
Are your last two sentences in reference to Logan or just generally speaking?

Are your last two sentences in reference to Logan or just generally speaking?
Generally speaking.
And Generally speaking Every club has a mixture of old, new, sensitive types and realists and the difficult part of coaching is finding the right balance so the message is absorbed by all. You have to be really careful to not use the fire and brimstone card too often and/or at the wrong time, otherwise, it becomes really old, really quick and the message is lost.

Generally speaking.
And Generally speaking Every club has a mixture of old, new, sensitive types and realists and the difficult part of coaching is finding the right balance so the message is absorbed by all. You have to be really careful to not use the fire and brimstone card too often and/or at the wrong time, otherwise, it becomes really old, really quick and the message is lost.
I'm sure I heard those exact words last week -- plagiarist

So it seems the Buffs are on a roll .New lights at the start of the year and now just got a grant for new coaches and time keeper boxes .Wont be ready this season but will be for next .

So it seems the Buffs are on a roll .New lights at the start of the year and now just got a grant for new coaches and time keeper boxes .Wont be ready this season but will be for next .
New coaches box good news for the club, not so good for the town wino who now has to find somewhere else to sleep

Seniors:
Carrara vs Ipswich - Eagles by 7
SES vs Kedron - Lions by 7
Pine Rivers vs Beenleigh - Buffaloes by 21
Redcliffe vs Wynnum - Tigers by 42
G.Moorooka vs Park Ridge - Pirates by 74

Reserves:
Saints by 13
Lions by 16
Swans by 22
Tigers by 53
Pirates by 71

Seniors:

Reserves:
Saints by 13
Lions by 16
Swans by 22
Tigers by 53
Pirates by 71

Suns vs Kedron should be good to see where both teams are at. If Suns get the chocolates like I think they will, then they should go through entire season undefeated.

Seniors:

Reserves:
Saints by 13
Lions by 16
Swans by 22
Tigers by 53
Pirates by 71