QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping Andrew Kouvaras to win his 800th best on ground in a GF. Blokes a freak believe someone form redcliffe told me he's record is along the lines of 9 GF Wins (8 seniors 1 reserves) 4 Best on Grounds in GF (3 seniors 1 Reserves) 7 League BnF awards (6 seniors 1 reserves in 2016) 1 League goal kicking award (2016, not bad for a 45 year old)

Fair enough, just a bit sick of the fence sitting, especially from you blocker, your early posts were good value but now they're predictable and boring when it comes to your sides chances against anyone. It's not like anything on here is actually taken seriously or is going to have an outcome on the result. Might as well enjoy the experience and show some positivity while you're at it.

Twinkles haven't lost faith in the boys just yet. Think our reserve grade boys are real chance to get to big dance if they play the way they finished against Suns a fortnight ago and with the spirit they showed last week.

The seniors have a huge mountain to climb but I am sure we won't play same way as we have in last 2 meetings with Kedron.

Few good changes will give the boys a bit more confidence and belief they can get over the line. Not sure if Viccy Point ground really favours either side we just need to start well and get some scoreboard pressure. From there who knows what can happen, finals makes players and teams do different things.

Good luck to your boys on weekend Twinkles.

Tipping Andrew Kouvaras to win his 800th best on ground in a GF. Blokes a freak believe someone form redcliffe told me he's record is along the lines of 9 GF Wins (8 seniors 1 reserves) 4 Best on Grounds in GF (3 seniors 1 Reserves) 7 League BnF awards (6 seniors 1 reserves in 2016) 1 League goal kicking award (2016, not bad for a 45 year old)

hahaha I'm sick of Redcliffe stacking there reserves side full of 40 and 30 year olds

From what I saw last weekend the redcliffe lads are red hot favorites for the flag.
They move the footy well and thier skills are well above anyone else in this comp.
Don't know about stacking might get qafl fan onto that. He seems to get the stats on how many bloke's dropped back.
This weeks seniors should be a great game. Kedron should have there measure going on previous results. Park ridge have had a good look at them over the last month and should have a plan of attack.
I think that if either of these sides want to beat the sun's you'll have to move the ball quickly and set up behind the play. If you don't get rebound inside fifty's they will get on the turn over.
They are a side who like to be in control and I saw them crack when the ball movement was fast and breaking the line.
Oh well time will tell but they have to be red hot favorites as well.

Why is Spring playing ressies then? Bloke is mid twenties at best and one of the best players in the league, including seniors.

Stacking for dayyyyyz
Springer? Mid twenties? The guy who has played key back for years?

From what I saw last weekend the redcliffe lads are red hot favorites for the flag.
They move the footy well and thier skills are well above anyone else in this comp.
Don't know about stacking might get qafl fan onto that. He seems to get the stats on how many bloke's dropped back.
This weeks seniors should be a great game. Kedron should have there measure going on previous results. Park ridge have had a good look at them over the last month and should have a plan of attack.
I think that if either of these sides want to beat the sun's you'll have to move the ball quickly and set up behind the play. If you don't get rebound inside fifty's they will get on the turn over.
They are a side who like to be in control and I saw them crack when the ball movement was fast and breaking the line.
I think you are spot on with quick ball movement. But to beat them you need to cover the corridor and cut off their inside switch option, force them to kick down the line and keep them wide. Just about every side down here (Melbourne ) play the same style as pluggas team and, although it still works for some to play that way, most have been figured out by the top sides and get found out.

I think you are spot on with quick ball movement. But to beat them you need to cover the corridor and cut off their inside switch option, force them to kick down the line and keep them wide. Just about every side down here (Melbourne ) play the same style as pluggas team and, although it still works for some to play that way, most have been figured out by the top sides and get found out.
Their talent alone for this division should see most plans unwind against them.

Their talent alone for this division should see most plans unwind against them.
Yeah, you're all literally playing against a qafl seconds side with a sprinkling of ex Logan top line players. Tough assignment in anyone's language but if I was playing against them, that's the plan I'd use. I suppose you could just go out there and try and bash them ( joke ) but they're probably good at that too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Springer played reserves football in 1999. While I do like to dabble in numbers I am by no means a mathematician, I can't even get the quantities right for my fruit salad (maybe that's why I am so angry). But if he's 25, that would have made him 8.

Springer played reserves football in 1999. While I do like to dabble in numbers I am by no means a mathematician, I can't even get the quantities right for my fruit salad (maybe that's why I am so angry). But if he's 25, that would have made him 8.
The campaigner is closer to 50, not sure where this mid 20's is coming from.

Can still play though.

Why is Spring playing ressies then? Bloke is mid twenties at best and one of the best players in the league, including seniors.

Stacking for dayyyyyz

Your age predictions are a good indication of how far off your stacking theory is. If you can’t get that right how could you have any idea of who is running out for Redcliffe?
Maybe you should pick another sport that you know more about.

Well done to Kedron today bit too good for our boys again. Good luck to both them and Suns next week as defiantly the two best sides playing off for the big one.

Also well done to Suns twos in getting to the big one as well.

To all the Pirates boys well done on a fantastic year in both grades. We have taken huge inroads this year and need further improvement for the challenge ahead next year. The club is proud of what we achieved this year despite not getting to the last week.

Now the off field finals start. Drink up boys

Well done to Kedron today bit too good for our boys again. Good luck to both them and Suns next week as defiantly the two best sides playing off for the big one.

Also well done to Suns twos in getting to the big one as well.

To all the Pirates boys well done on a fantastic year in both grades. We have taken huge inroads this year and need further improvement for the challenge ahead next year. The club is proud of what we achieved this year despite not getting to the last week.

Now the off field finals start. Drink up boys
Well done to the Pirates, making the finals for the first time and the Prelim in both grades, they certainly showed great improvement this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back