QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I've had it happen to me personally 3-4 times across juniors and senior footy, your second yellow card is always a red

Well Oldmate if this has happened to you in recent years you have been hard done by. I can't talk about juniors but I can say at Senior level in SEQ 2 yellows does not automatically mean Red. This rule (2 Yellows = Red) was in many years ago but we have not had it in for ages. My thinking is that if someone does get 2 x yellow cards then the 2nd probably should be red ....... but it is not automatic

Well Oldmate if this has happened to you in recent years you have been hard done by. I can't talk about juniors but I can say at Senior level in SEQ 2 yellows does not automatically mean Red. This rule (2 Yellows = Red) was in many years ago but we have not had it in for ages. My thinking is that if someone does get 2 x yellow cards then the 2nd probably should be red ....... but it is not automatic
Was interested in this discussion - tthink the confusion is bn ordering off (yellow card) and reportable offence (yellow or red card). An umpire can report a bloke if it comes under that criteria, but can always use his discretion to issue a yellow card. Sometimes umpires send off with yellow cards but no report made (maybe just to calm a bloke down for a while). 2 yellow cards for REPORTABLE offences = an automatic red card but not necessarily 2 yellow cards (if that all makes sense.. :) )

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No brainer you jealous dickhead , can't get a kick anywhere so you slag a club that's trying to do the right thing. Your a moron hiding behind a key board. At Redland we don't do that.

I actually think Moro is right - was just explaining why it might be confusing bc send offs (yellow cards) do not necessarily = reports. Thats my understanding anyway - saw a rule in the book 20.3 or something like that.

" The grass isn't always greener on the other side "--- I'm now coaching a 3rd div side in the Eastern FL in Melbourne. I fully expected the standard to be much higher than what I experienced up there in QFA Sth and qafa a before that. After all, Victoria is the home of football. From what I've witnessed so far, I couldn't have been more wrong. The skills under pressure, the attack on the footy, the accountability for your opponent and the bruise free style of footy makes me wonder what's happened to footy down here. It's also made me aware of just how much I under-rated the style of footy up there. I know it's early days with a full season ahead and I'll be working extra hard with my side to start playing with the passion that I was accustomed to down here 10 years ago, but I just thought I'd let you guys know that footy up there IS good quality, hard fought, entertaining football and is better than what I'm seeing down here and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You may not have the best run comp and there will always be things to have a gripe about, but all in all, you've got a good thing going up there.

Yeah we like to think that everything Victorian regarding AFL footy is either gospel or just commonsense. Like you said TT its not. Even our administrators arent anywhere near as bad as what we like to make out sometimes. Read recently that Reservoir has had to drop down 2 divisions in the NFL because they couldnt get 2 sides together..
And as an example - a young fella I know from up Sunshine Coast way decided to head to Vic this year and try out at werribee - solid player, nothing flash, played senior footy for Noosa but never considered a gun. I think most people thought "not a chance" (incl myself). Well he has been put on their list! Just an example of how we undersell the "product" we have here and maybe we should recognise what we have sometimes..

Yeah we like to think that everything Victorian regarding AFL footy is either gospel or just commonsense. Like you said TT its not. Even our administrators arent anywhere near as bad as what we like to make out sometimes. Read recently that Reservoir has had to drop down 2 divisions in the NFL because they couldnt get 2 sides together..
And as an example - a young fella I know from up Sunshine Coast way decided to head to Vic this year and try out at werribee - solid player, nothing flash, played senior footy for Noosa but never considered a gun. I think most people thought "not a chance" (incl myself). Well he has been put on their list! Just an example of how we undersell the "product" we have here and maybe we should recognise what we have sometimes..
Yeah SMY, I can't help thinking that this rule about juniors not being allowed to tackle until u/12's or whatever it is, has lead to a generation of softer footballers coming through and will only continue until the rule is abolished. Most the young blokes in our group haven't a clue how to tackle properly and our coaching group are finding ourselves having to teach 18/19 yr olds how to. How ridiculous is that?

Young Jesse will do alright down here. From what I saw last year wasn't really used right to get his full potential at Noosa. He's bulked up over pre season as well so that will help

You know what rumours are like keggers. But my source tells me a former Kedron player from the 80's has a couple of sons at Grange that are looking to head back to dads roots. Have they got a cousin playing there or something?

Is that any clues mate?

Looks like this rumour could be gathering momentum, you may have been onto something!

More to come Blocker.

Young Jesse will do alright down here. From what I saw last year wasn't really used right to get his full potential at Noosa. He's bulked up over pre season as well so that will help

Hope u r right swamp. He is a typical boy that loved the game more than the accolades bc he wasn't making rep sides all the time but just kept on playing. Too many kids drop out of footy at the first sign of missing a rep team. Really disappointing.
My point though is that if a kid like him can make a VFL list, even if he doesn't play in the A grade very often this year, that he has bit the bullet and decided to see how good he is. Too many of our boys just don't go down this track but could do. Plenty of young fellas that I've seen or coached over the years could be very very good players in the southern states if they went and had a crack. Qld footy isn't that bad, just our depth of players is a bit shallow compared to the southern mobs.

Yeah SMY, I can't help thinking that this rule about juniors not being allowed to tackle until u/12's or whatever it is, has lead to a generation of softer footballers coming through and will only continue until the rule is abolished. Most the young blokes in our group haven't a clue how to tackle properly and our coaching group are finding ourselves having to teach 18/19 yr olds how to. How ridiculous is that?

YEah not sure that is a major issue TT. Allows little kids to be part of the game in a safe environment and really if a bloke hasn't learnt to tackle in the next 6 years before he reaches senior footy then God help him. It's not that hard. I often think tackling is directly related to attitude. Sides invariably tackle well when there is a lot on the line bc blokes throw themselves into the fray a bit. Not withstanding the technique issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back