QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers Twinkle we have a great band of volunteers all willing to chip in and have a crack.

Got some big things planned next few years and if it all goes to plan we will be set up pretty sweet both on and off the field.

We were rapped to have Morro on board and with some up coming appointments I am hopeful he stays around as the young blokes love him (in the right way of course).

He has been a great acquisition to our club and was great to see how much it meant to him when the boys bowed out on weekend. Showed he really cares about club and what we are doing.

How did your boys go on weekend?

Tim Pearson swanning around in the Pirates polo part of the master plan Blocker?

Tim Pearson swanning around in the Pirates polo part of the master plan Blocker?

Either that or he was watching his son play in a prelim ? just a thought.

But we will take him if he's available ;-)

Good luck to everyone this weekend coming .

Suns by 4 in the seniors
Tigers by 37 in the 2s

Fletcher for the medal in the 1st
And Kourvious in the 2s

WGO always looking for good people to come into the club. Timmy's coaching record speaks for itself and he is a good bloke to go with it.

We will searching far and wide for all sorts of footy people both infield and off field.

We are well aware of the challenge ahead in Div 2 and need to make changes to suit for us to even start to be competitive.

I think the weekend was more about Timmy supporting his son and brother both at Pirates.

Not sure where he is at with staying at Robina?

WGO always looking for good people to come into the club. Timmy's coaching record speaks for itself and he is a good bloke to go with it.

We will searching far and wide for all sorts of footy people both infield and off field.

We are well aware of the challenge ahead in Div 2 and need to make changes to suit for us to even start to be competitive.

I think the weekend was more about Timmy supporting his son and brother both at Pirates.

Not sure where he is at with staying at Robina?

Blocker in cricket terms you replied with a very straight bat well done.

I hear a little murmour the Suns would like too play in the new division 2 next year now. Which would leave division 3 with 7 sides, Intresting if true, I won't ask karmaking as he has a grand final too prepare And il go 30point victory !!!

I hear a little murmour the Suns would like too play in the new division 2 next year now. Which would leave division 3 with 7 sides, Intresting if true, I won't ask karmaking as he has a grand final too prepare And il go 30point victory !!!
Thanks for not asking KP, yes Suns would like to go up a division. When league were talking with Suns regarding restructure earlier in season we were a basket case off field and club were honest with league. Things have turned around dramatically in past couple of months and now in a position to jump up.

Id suggest the AFLQ would look at replacing one of the clubs rather than have 7 in Div 3. In reality the beauy of the set up is that IF a club suddenly finds pre season that things arent working out player wise in terms of recruitment / retention (and there may be some movement with clubs close by now going into higher comps) then the call can be made preseason I would suggest. Would be the only year it could happen and post this water will find its own level...

Thanks for not asking KP, yes Suns would like to go up a division. When league were talking with Suns regarding restructure earlier in season we were a basket case off field and club were honest with league. Things have turned around dramatically in past couple of months and now in a position to jump up.

Couple more sleeps to the big one Karma. Think Suns will win easy if a nice day and not blowing its arse off like last week. Just got the feeling Kedron may have started to show signs last week they are starting to wane and a few players carrying little nigglies.

Done a great job to get there but Suns have accounted for them 3 times this year quite comprehensively. Can't see what they can change to bridge the gap.

Good luck to both sides hope it is a good game and the best team wins.

Any word on umpires for GF? Reckon Leroy should be a shoe in on his performance last week. Was by far the best of the three we had and most consistent with his decision making. And if the pony tail umpire that did reserve grade gets a field umpire position in either final I would be horrified.

Couple more sleeps to the big one Karma. Think Suns will win easy if a nice day and not blowing its arse off like last week. Just got the feeling Kedron may have started to show signs last week they are starting to wane and a few players carrying little nigglies.

Done a great job to get there but Suns have accounted for them 3 times this year quite comprehensively. Can't see what they can change to bridge the gap.

Any word on umpires for GF? Reckon Leroy should be a shoe in on his performance last week. Was by far the best of the three we had and most consistent with his decision making. And if the pony tail umpire that did reserve grade gets a field umpire position in either final I would be horrified.
Blatant cheat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, if leroy is considered to be one of the better umps up there, the overall standard must have got worse over the last few years. Still, can't see umps having any influence over the outcome this week.

Cheers Blocker, I hope your prediction is correct, Suns are cherry ripe, yet can't underestimate Kedron, good team, strong successfull culture, going to be a cracking game

Suns by 5 goals in the seniors, mill best on.

Redcliffe should win ressies, unless by chance there is an umpire that has hair greater than shoulder manages to get hold of a whistle. At this point the game may be interpreted very differently to what the average football person sees it and the result could go either way.

I'd delete the comments guys bc it will more than likely result in a reasonable suspension. Seen it happen a few times.

Suspensions.. Doubt it chief!!

But while we are on the subject of old mate with the pony tail, he got booted from the seniors the week before for his efforts and then he had to umpire the ressies prelim and was even more of a disgrace. Morro calling him a cheat was being kind to him.

He gifted the Suns a spot in the grand final this weekend , I only hope he's at Viccy point this week to see Redcliffe give them a hiding.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back