QAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about the off season activity at other clubs, but at Broadbeach there is heaps going on,,, not just on field recruitment, but off field,,, They have picked up many quality inclusions , with more to come apparently ...... could see a big improvement in 2017 .

I think it would be safe to say Doddsy that the Magpies will be worse off without him round, no matter who was a little precious about the slack given to senior players...

Now that Brydan Morgan is back at Chelmer as senior coach I think Clarke will be forgotten pretty quickly. Brydan was instrumental in improving the Magpies' midfield last year as an assistant coach and if he didn't move to Aspley for the 2016 season, we wouldn't be having this discussion now. His absence was a big factor behind the Magpies' slow start this year which resulted in Glenn Humphrey getting the chop after 6 rounds and Clarke coming in.

I think the thumping the Magpies received from Palmy in the prelim this year provides a true reflection of the direction Clarke took the club. They had a good run in the middle part of the season but in hindsight, much of this success came as a result of them facing depleted opposition teams.

The way Clarke coached indicated that he was never going to be at the club for the long term - puzzling changes were often made to the side each week, some players were repeatedly played out of position and then dropped after losing form and confidence as a result, key players from previous years found themselves languishing in the ressies for no obvious reason (or walking away from the club altogether mid-season) and omitting the club's best and most experienced in-and-under midfielder on the morning of a wet prelim really took the cake.

Hopefully Brydan can take off from where he left in 2015, get some consitency back into the side and repair some of the damage and bitterness left behind by Clarke.

Magpies will be worse off without him round, no matter who was a little precious about the slack given to senior players...

would have to agree with that. Although not sure what Doddsy heard, but I heard on the grapevine that it wasn't that senior players got a bit of 'slack' - but that a few cliques developed, resulting in the captain handpicking the side at the end of the year, with disasterous results.

The way Clarke coached indicated that he was never going to be at the club for the long term - puzzling changes were often made to the side each week, some players were repeatedly played out of position and then dropped after losing form and confidence as a result, key players from previous years found themselves languishing in the ressies for no obvious reason (or walking away from the club altogether mid-season) and omitting the club's best and most experienced in-and-under midfielder on the morning of a wet prelim really took the cake.

Hopefully Brydan can take off from where he left in 2015, get some consitency back into the side and repair some of the damage and bitterness left behind by Clarke.

not sure that full rant is quite accurate, but certainly have heard selection decisions made (including the omission of Crawford) weren't well received.

The same birdie told me that the skipper didn't like the presence of another gun midfielder, and he was slowly pushed out of the side. I doubt either story is 100% true, but where there is smoke there is fire.

Pretty sure Crawford posted somewhere in this thread putting some of this stuff to bed, so not sure how much of it is accurate.

So that Halo the skipper wears doesn't quite fit like many think it does eh?

Anyone know if Luke Scott is going around again? If he retires, they are goneskis - their only truely top class player imo.

Had a few older heads in the side, if they all go - it could be a down year unless they have recruited, especially with a few 12 month injuries to their young guns late in the year. did Jacko Allen's brother do his ACL?

Which players left mid year?

Not sure about the off season activity at other clubs, but at Broadbeach there is heaps going on,,, not just on field recruitment, but off field,,, They have picked up many quality inclusions , with more to come apparently ...... could see a big improvement in 2017 .

I hear Broady have spoke to Panazzo from Southport along with Palmy n Labrador, It seems anyone on the move around the Gold Coast will have Palmy n Labrador biting at their heels!

Surfers have lost a few more players could be the big sliders in 2017 after such a promising 2016

Anyone know if Luke Scott is going around again? If he retires, they are goneskis - their only truely top class player imo.

Had a few older heads in the side, if they all go - it could be a down year unless they have recruited, especially with a few 12 month injuries to their young guns late in the year. did Jacko Allen's brother do his ACL?

Sunny Aneet walked out after after being dropped by Clarke after one or two quite games in the seniors after returning from a late start to the season via the ressies.
The haloed skipper you speak of is currently training with Aspley. Read into that what you may.

That every tom, dick and mary train at Aspley pre Xmas?? You may have had a bad experience in your eyes with Clarkey Tiger (and fair enough too) but reckon you could ask 100 people in Qld footy and 90 of them will say he is quality.

Looks like Trow isn't Aspley bound as their coach was prepared to throw out there on here.. officially a gorilla, co coaching with Clarke.

Was something I "heard" never said he was definitely playing. Just like you heard a group of players not happy with him. And wouldn't name them

I'm not involved with a club though. A coach putting it out there is certainly going to carry a bit more weight. How w confident were you he was coming?

If you knew either of the Blokes you'd laugh at most of the statements people are throwing out here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunny Aneet walked out after after being dropped by Clarke after one or two quite games in the seniors after returning from a late start to the season via the ressies.

The fact that Majok Annet was granted a senior game last year at all (let alone after one reserves game) is more of an indictment on Clarke than anything.

That guy is seriously bad news, I highly doubt any QAFL club would take him on.

The haloed skipper you speak of is currently training with Aspley. Read into that what you may.

I read into it that he wants to play a higher level. He's a very good player Carseldine, but he's not good enough to play in a NEAFL midfield and I don't think he has the game to play elsewhere on the field - so he'll be in the QAFL again in 2017 I'd imagine.

The fact that Majok Annet was granted a senior game last year at all (let alone after one reserves game) is more of an indictment on Clarke than anything.

That guy is seriously bad news, I highly doubt any QAFL club would take him on.

I read into it that he wants to play a higher level. He's a very good player Carseldine, but he's not good enough to play in a NEAFL midfield and I don't think he has the game to play elsewhere on the field - so he'll be in the QAFL again in 2017 I'd imagine.

How the Woodies shaping up mate? Still think they are folding?

See Broadbeach have secured the NAB Cup game in mid Febuary be it the Suns vs the Lions ,,,,
A great reward to a club that pretty well have the best facilities in both the QAFL and QLD based NEAFL .....
And the AFL,,, dont grant games to facilities that are not of their standards. !!!

The big Palm beach ruckman was spotted at Southport this week, loosing him would put a dent in Palmy's hopes of going one step further next season one feels.

The big Palm beach ruckman was spotted at Southport this week, loosing him would put a dent in Palmy's hopes of going one step further next season one feels.

He was originally going back home but has now decided to have a crack in the NEAFL. All the best too him. Very hard to replace a big man with his all round qualities

See my Broady will be the host of the pre season game between The Suns and Lions on Febuary 18th ,,,A huge gain for the club ...putting a few extra bucks into the till..and recoginition from the afl in reference to the facilities

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back