QAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Estall, yes a good player ,,,, but the Vultures appear to be strong in depth and the loss of one good player is really not massive ,,,, unless the player is a superstar,,, and a superstar would not be playing at this level .

50+ goals will be a bit hard to replace for a side that just made the finals this year.

50+ goals will be a bit hard to replace for a side that just made the finals this year.

Agree,,,its a big loss, but not a massive loss ,,, we see the best players in all sides go down with a serious injury every year but clubs with depth seem to overcome this ,,, like for eg,. they may be third on the ladder , loose a gun player , but you dont see them dropping to 8th on the ladder because of this one loss. ,,,,

Have heard grange are close or have already signed Nathan Clarke as coach. His old man is a club legend so makes some sense.. another said Trewella was continuing if it fell through, but a large group of players not overly happy with him, plays favourites with his close group of mates...

Have heard grange are close or have already signed Nathan Clarke as coach. His old man is a club legend so makes some sense.. another said Trewella was continuing if it fell through, but a large group of players not overly happy with him, plays favourites with his close group of mates...

I heard Trewhella is playing at Aspley next year

Played juniors there as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Josh Searl and Ryan Dienjes are taking a year off football to focus on work. Bad luck for broadbeach cats. But they have signed 5 key players.

Dienjes no loss, lazy, selfish n no good for team moral.
Didn't Searl win the B&F?

Yes Searl won the gong ,,, didnt have much to beat though ,,,,,is a very unassuming player ,, a great reader of the ball ,,, goes about it quietly ..... a ggod player .As Dienjes,,, had a great 2015 and won the gong ,,,, but 2016,, was carrying a lot of pounds, not as fit, but still delivered some good performances.

Dienjes and Searl are both playing. Dienjes knee is still recovering so not sure how fit he will be round one but Searl has been in the gym regularly and is keen.

Believe it or not some things posted on bigfooty are just rumour, no truth to them.

Huge get for Grange. But why didn't Clarke want to stay on at Magpies and thought Trewhella was stepping away from coaching?

The announcement's official, but can't give you the reasoning behind it.

I suspect Trewhella will be very much second in charge, allowing him to concentrate on his own game a lot more, which will in turn help the team's performance on Saturdays.

Huge get for Grange. But why didn't Clarke want to stay on at Magpies and thought Trewhella was stepping away from coaching?
I would say Clarkey wasnt going to coach at all with a young family and living on the sunshine coast etc. But the draw of being involved with a footy club that has huge sentimental value to him and was struggling to find a coach (as from my understanding Trewhella wasnt keen on the status quo and will be stoked to have a really good off field general now) so in their hour of need he put his hand up.

My understanding is that Clarke only coached the Magpies because he was there every day due to his involvement with Simon Black Academy.

Now I've heard the academy is vacating the Magpies to UQ and there will be a Sunny Coast academy as well, so there wouldn't be much appeal for a guy to drive to Chelmer from the Sunny Coast to coach.

One would imagine Sherwood were keen to retain him, though I hear there was a bit of disquiet in the playing group late in the year - not so much with Clarkey directly, but some of the senior players he gave a little too much rope and they got ahead of themselves.

Sunny Coast have always had an Academy - not sure Nathan will have a great deal to do with this particular one. He may do though but think he is more involved with logistics as the Academies expand. I think it would be safe to say Doddsy that the Magpies will be worse off without him round, no matter who was a little precious about the slack given to senior players...

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back