Qafl 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Well ............. what a great win!
Full credit to the coach. An absolute master stroke having Brad at our club - built the old fashioned way this team.
And thank god there are no more tribunal explanations coming our wayšŸ¤­šŸ¤”šŸ¤—

Qld football
You did a great job getting a great
Crowd to the gc
And opened one fu**en bar
For around 4000 to 5000
Supporters well you certainly fā€™ed
A lot of peopleā€™s day
I bet your all sitting up in some private
Box with all the piss you can drink
On all our football fees
fu** your !!!!
So how many bars would be open at Southport, Yeronga or anywhere else?

HAHA. It wasnt about the GF. Just fairness and consistency.

Good on Surfers taking out the big one. Thoroughly deserved the victory and as I said the other day. A great story itself.

Enjoy the celebrations.

In fairness Damo the Goldie clubs called for the game to be down there and as Southport has the NEAFL tomorrow so what were alternatives?
A floating venue. The neafl venue wasnā€™t in stone until last Saturday. They have tried playing grand finals at big venues they have fallen flat nearly every time

A couple of interesting decisions but overall a pretty well umpired game. Congratulations to surfers they deserved their victory and look itā€™s a shame they didnā€™t cater for the punters better but overall it was a big success I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they opened more bars at Metricon did the venue pass the test?

My son played for Grange in the Colts GF yesterday so that was when the crowd was at its smallest, but he thought that the atmosphere out on the ground was fantastic despite the empty stands, much better than Yeronga.

I watched the game from our bench and thought the same thing, so personally Iā€™d be happy for the QAFL GFā€™s to be played at Metricon every year.

The great change rooms make a difference too, but so does winning I guess.

Well youā€™ve got a problem if you canā€™t watch a game without it.
They probably saved you a fortune cos you couldnā€™t drink as much so you should be thankful
Yep they saved a lot of people a shit load of money
No food either
Anyway my problem if I choose to drink
You problem if you play with little boys
Just **** off

Hot day champ same 1 hour wait
For orange juice and hotdogs

Take your own like organised people, was there any butlers in the toilets to wipe your a$$?
Whinge whinge flipping whinge

Anyone with half a brain wouldnā€™t pay triple the price for booze in a plastic cup.......but then thereā€™s the desperados.

Take your own like organised people, was there any butlers in the toilets to wipe your a$$?
Whinge whinge f*n whinge

Anyone with half a brain wouldnā€™t pay triple the price for booze in a plastic cup.......but then thereā€™s the desperados.
Take your own lol
Who does that
Yes looking back in past comments
Your a moaner and your tean
Missed lol

Congrats to Surfers on winning a cracking GF. I think the NEAFL Competition in real danger, Lions showed they well above any other side and lot Sh.t hit Fan with young blokes AFL listed being dropped for GF because of the rules of only playing 16 contracted players.

My mail was Lions were going to fight it but didn't want to distract their senior group. So just relented. But they are looking to either only play AFL ressies sides down Eastern sea board or go to VFL.

Bit of a mess by the looks.

So play 3 other sides SM!!! Not sure that's an option.

Agree it is a hard rule but it has worked in the past due to injuries - only come to light this year bc the club has been so good with injuries. Damn tough when you are a listed player and cant make the GF 22.
Not sure what the solution is except maybe reduce club sides back to 1 or 2, put the talent among 2 sides (a Bris and a GC side) rather than 3 and not hamstring anyone with specific rules around selection / playing numbers. Without the Thunder costs are a little bit better. The competition should be a good measurer of potential to be drafted whether as a kid or a mature age. And its not from my understanding. 8 teams is a decent comp.

Congrats to Surfers on winning a cracking GF. I think the NEAFL Competition in real danger, Lions showed they well above any other side and lot Sh.t hit Fan with young blokes AFL listed being dropped for GF because of the rules of only playing 16 contracted players.

My mail was Lions were going to fight it but didn't want to distract their senior group. So just relented. But they are looking to either only play AFL ressies sides down Eastern sea board or go to VFL.

Bit of a mess by the looks.
All good points SM. However this VFL or AFL reserves debate has been around for a while and officially its always denied.
The NEAFL draw in itself is a joke. Completely compromised with the non-AFL team playing less matches against AFL teams. Therefore the competition itself is a joke.
I liked the coach saying on the podcast that the previous meeting where Southport had so many out was due to 'a wedding'

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Qafl 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back