QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s bizarre behaviour from those ex players to go have a beer and watch training. Reeks of arrogance. Wouldn’t you want to leave with class? Licht was a captain wasn’t he?

Very sad to hear the events happening there. Still me is right. Hard to find those passionate club people in it for a long run and not having their own agendas. (No offence to the huge amount of volunteers who work tirelessly as all clubs)

Not sure your maths is right in regards Morningside 5 coaches in 8 years? Doggie 4 years and Egan in his second this year is 2 coaches in 6 years in my estimation?
2015 - Lake
2016 - Walder
2017 - Widschut
2018-2021 - Watts
2022 - Craig McCrae Egan :p

8 years, 5 coaches

Tradition is nice - but it's not a right to be in a competition, it's a privilege. If clubs shoot selves in the foot then that isn't anyone elses fault but their own. More concerning is if they go out of business rather than dropping back a level(s). Is very hard to reform once gone altogether (although Maroochydore did it, as did Hinterland).

Tradition is nice - but it's not a right to be in a competition, it's a privilege. If clubs shoot selves in the foot then that isn't anyone elses fault but their own. More concerning is if they go out of business rather than dropping back a level(s). Is very hard to reform once gone altogether (although Maroochydore did it, as did Hinterland).

Yeah and Sandgate dropped out of qafl and I think had a year with just under 19 . Now they are going again which is good to see.

Apparently the Vultures are committed to re building in the qafl good on them if they can do that but I can see some heavy losses coming their way

Yeah and Sandgate dropped out of qafl and I think had a year with just under 19 . Now they are going again which is good to see.

Apparently the Vultures are committed to re building in the qafl good on them if they can do that but I can see some heavy losses coming their way
Assuming they are allowed to I would suggest - when the powers are committed to building a stronger state league I'm not sure a real weak link (assuming they are) will be tolerated.

Assuming they are allowed to I would suggest - when the powers are committed to building a stronger state league I'm not sure a real weak link (assuming they are) will be tolerated.
Not sure MtGravatt will get much leeway from Headquarters. Apparently they were told at end of last season they needed to improve in a few areas off field which look like they have gone down hill a bit.

Think it will all come down to timing and what players they recruit plus off field position by early next year. Wish them best of luck but massive rebuild this late in piece.

Not sure MtGravatt will get much leeway from Headquarters. Apparently they were told at end of last season they needed to improve in a few areas off field which look like they have gone down hill a bit.

Think it will all come down to timing and what players they recruit plus off field position by early next year. Wish them best of luck but massive rebuild this late in piece.
Funnily enough SM when we were in dire straights a couple of years ago both on and off the field,the board structure we looked to copy was that of Mt Gravatts on the advice of AFLQ.And it’s been terrific.Ofcourse getting the right people to fill the roles the key!
Hate hearing that ex players are gloating in person,shows a total lack of maturity and respect.Hope the Vultures get to starting line.

Funnily enough SM when we were in dire straights a couple of years ago both on and off the field,the board structure we looked to copy was that of Mt Gravatts on the advice of AFLQ.And it’s been terrific.Ofcourse getting the right people to fill the roles the key!
Hate hearing that ex players are gloating in person,shows a total lack of maturity and respect.Hope the Vultures get to starting line.
Yep appears model is right just missing the right pieces. Just feel if you take best 12-15 players out of any side in any competition you coming from a long way back.

And the competition is not sitting around waiting if anything will go up another level looking at everyone’s recruiting.

Just think they need to make some smart decisions and not emotional decisions moving forward

If they drop out, and it looks likely, they will never get back in.

Growth areas like Moreton Bay, Springfield, Logan/Park Ridge - they will fill the gap in the next 5-10 years. Don't need a team at Mt Gravatt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know much about the incoming Vultures coach? Seems very brave coming in at the 11th hour

Yep. I know him.

He's a great fella. He's taken on a big task, but he's really been keen to coach at this level for a long time and he's a guy that will give it everything.

If my sources are correct, and I know they are, he has approached many young players from non QAFL clubs and also approached several current QAFL senior players from rival clubs for recruitment purposes.

In these messages, he refers to himself as "the Craig McCrae of the QAFL" - lol!

Wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes! Genuine comedy act.
What is the reference relating to? Has he won a premiership or produced any AFL players?

See Palmy have signed Tom Hickey. Not sure how far away Croad is, unless he is pushing to be fit in 2025 from that terrible leg injury he sustained. But having those two would be a real strength for their mids. Would love to see a Wolbers V Hickey.

See Palmy have signed Tom Hickey. Not sure how far away Croad is, unless he is pushing to be fit in 2025 from that terrible leg injury he sustained. But having those two would be a real strength for their mids. Would love to see a Wolbers V Hickey.
Yes great pick up for Palmy ,, or is it so great ?
Palmy have had Frawley and Armitage in 2023 and Jones in 2022 whom was a incredible performer for them but they need more then these sorts of players to get them back up to challenging the top 3 sides of the past 2 seasons. And how much of their salary cap are they spending ???

Palmy have had Frawley and Armitage in 2023 and Jones in 2022 whom was a incredible performer for them but they need more then these sorts of players to get them back up to challenging the top 3 sides of the past 2 seasons. And how much of their salary cap are they spending ???
I must include its great for the qafl ,, each year continues to see very good players not just from the AFL but top players coming from other comps from all over the place..

They just had 3 kids drafted in first round.

I'd suggest they are doing OK in the talent development stakes as well!

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back