QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t think too many Tiger supporters would be bothered. Been a long season for them. Certainly didn’t envisage themselves sitting 2nd bottom at beginning of season.
I thought the same. However at quarter time when Grange had kicked about 2 goals 9, and in the early part of the 2nd where Noosa kicked a couple, I did think they were not without a chance!

I can't see thewizardmelon in there , are you still including him or is he banned for being too bad a tipster? :D

Mobbs,i have ceased including him as he misses the weekly tips so often ...like his tally is 25

Mobbs,, if he still wishes to tip i HAVE NO ISSUES IN INCLUDING HIM ON THE LADDER

Nah you guys can take me out, haven’t been able to follow the QAFL too closely this season, super busy with rl stuff. I’ll jump back in next year when hopefully it’s more than a one horse race ;)

Don’t think too many Tiger supporters would be bothered. Been a long season for them. Certainly didn’t envisage themselves sitting 2nd bottom at beginning of season.
Agree smy certainly not turning out the way we would have liked or planned.But as you know that’s footy! Showed some real fight on the weekend where the scoreline looked like it could have got ugly and clearly haven’t covered the losses of players from last year.We Will keep having a crack and you never know,are very well coached by a bloke who is just a ripping footy person.Like many other clubs injuries hurting us but the colts and reserve grade boys who deserve a run are getting just that!
And with regard to travelling Noosa supporters have never done it in the 25 years I’ve been here.TBH though we do a fair bit of it😂

Wow. Big difference. You’ve named 7 guys who haven’t had NEAFL or VFL experience but some of them did. Just accept it

Geez people have an axe to grind against Aspley…..they now have an awesome Colts coach as well who will provide stability and leadership

No Axe to grand against Aspley, they are playing within the rules they were given. Not their fault the rules are totally ridiculous. Pretty sure they have the same Colts coach they started with this year, but have decided to abandon the u17D1 comp and push them all up cause they were non-competitive.

The quite from LaggingBehind is the one that makes the most sense (its actually 6 that hadn't played NEAFL/VFL) and now its less with this years team, but the point is that even allowing a generous proportion of club juniors in the 16 x VFL/NEAFL blokes - lets give them 5 just for arguments stake (we know its less, but whatever), that is still 11 x 5 pointers. 55 points in 11 players, and pick the other 11 in -5.

16 x 5 pointers in one team basically, even give half those 16 just a meagre 2 points and they are still up over 70.

Its completely inequitable and its 100% NOT Aspley's fault. The turnstile that is the QAFL competition manager job is the one that has just let this unfold and haven't cared enough to fix it.

They will win the flag, they should win the flag and they haven't broken a single rule, so good luck to them.

Last edited:
Was definitely a small crowd. The queue at the bar never got to 3 deep! Probably the smallest I've seen this year at Hickey Park though there were a couple other games not far in front.
They normally have small crowds when it’s not really a big game tbh. They will get a big turnout if they make finals though.

No Axe to grand against Aspley, they are playing within the rules they were given. Not their fault the rules are totally ridiculous. Pretty sure they have the same Colts coach they started with this year, but have decided to abandon the u17D1 comp and push them all up cause they were non-competitive.

The quite from LaggingBehind is the one that makes the most sense (its actually 6 that hadn't played NEAFL/VFL) and now its less with this years team, but the point is that even allowing a generous proportion of club juniors in the 16 x VFL/NEAFL blokes - lets give them 5 just for arguments stake (we know its less, but whatever), that is still 11 x 5 pointers. 55 points in 11 players, and pick the other 11 in -5.

16 x 5 pointers in one team basically, even give half those 16 just a meagre 2 points and they are still up over 70.

Its completely inequitable and its 100% NOT Aspley's fault. The turnstile that is the QAFL competition manager job is the one that has just let this unfold and haven't cared enough to fix it.

They will win the flag, they should win the flag and they haven't broken a single rule, so good luck to them.
Not sure if it was the comp manager to blame Miller - think it would have been a higher person up the ladder than that.

have the best facility to watch footy, so it makes no sense to get a small crowd.
This year I've been to Grange, Noosa, Aspley, Morningside and Broadbeach, and I thought all grounds were awesome - diverse and characterful and no one better than another. Is Hickey Park truly considered the best facility? Oh and I went to Sherwood once last year and same opinion again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it was the comp manager to blame Miller - think it would have been a higher person up the ladder than that.
Yep. Instead that person should have had the best interests of AFL in QLD and fought to assist fund Aspley in the VFL. A 4th VFL team in SEQ would have been the way to go. However no doubt not enough trickle down from those billion dollar TV deals travel below the AFL equalisation with GWS, Suns and the AFLW.

perhaps not, but not having a consistent person in that role for 4 years now meant there was nobody with their 'finger on the pulse' to advise their superiors that they are about to **** the competition

'the head of AFLQ' whatever her title is, has now got the delivery of footy in QLD at all levels to an all-time low if you talk to anyone in club land. Any decent staff at AFLQ all either have left, or want out and the ones that haven't, or don't - are the 'yes men/women' that fall in behind this faceless person that won't turn up to anything unless there is a camera. can't speak publicly without someone writing a speech for her.

She'll get her kids on stage to present some AFLW premiership medals though... :rolleyes:

Beat Morningside. Not convinced Aspley will be Premiers. Redlands were unbelievable at Esplen oval and the most impressive I’ve witnessed
Thunderdoc,,,
I hear you ,, Redlands looking good , but mate this Aspley team has better quality players all over the ground and thats why the top QAFL sides cannot beat them ,, like they have a side that is vfl/ neafl level ...

Thunderdoc,,,
I hear you ,, Redlands looking good , but mate this Aspley team has better quality players all over the ground and thats why the top QAFL sides cannot beat them ,, like they have a side that is vfl/ neafl level ...

May I add,,, last season belted teams on game day and had some 230 % .... guess what,, same this season ,, they will win the flag no doubt this season ... and as posted by many on hear they have been looked after with the so called points system allocation by the QAFL being totally unfair ,,

May I add,,, last season belted teams on game day and had some 230 % .... guess what,, same this season ,, they will win the flag no doubt this season ... and as posted by many on hear they have been looked after with the so called points system allocation by the QAFL being totally unfair ,,
Yeah not so sure Stuyd! I’ve been very impressed with Redlands also infact thought last year they would win it.Very well drilled and coached and have stars everywhere.Obviously I think Aspley favourites and have added to a team that won it last year but certainly no gimme imo.Got the feeling a couple of weeks ago that Broadbeach by no way out of this either and just heading into the business end a different way.Can’t see any of the others troubling these three in 2023!

Yep. Instead that person should have had the best interests of AFL in QLD and fought to assist fund Aspley in the VFL. A 4th VFL team in SEQ would have been the way to go. However no doubt not enough trickle down from those billion dollar TV deals travel below the AFL equalisation with GWS, Suns and the AFLW.
That’s the main issue Lagging. I don’t blame Aspley as they had a go in VFL and got very little support from AFL or AFLQ to make them sustainable.

After that they had to go somewhere. Instead now a lot of good kids leaving to head to Melbourne to play VFL which is no fault of their own.

What is Malceski’s role at Broady?

That’s the main issue Lagging. I don’t blame Aspley as they had a go in VFL and got very little support from AFL or AFLQ to make them sustainable.

After that they had to go somewhere. Instead now a lot of good kids leaving to head to Melbourne to play VFL which is no fault of their own.
Considering their purported bank account SM what sort of support are u alluding to that Aspley missed out on? Did Southport receive more support hence stayed?

Yeah not so sure Stuyd! I’ve been very impressed with Redlands also infact thought last year they would win it.Very well drilled and coached and have stars everywhere.Obviously I think Aspley favourites and have added to a team that won it last year but certainly no gimme imo.Got the feeling a couple of weeks ago that Broadbeach by no way out of this either and just heading into the business end a different way.Can’t see any of the others troubling these three in 2023!
Yeah it’s definitely between those 3. Obviously I’m picking my club Aspley to win it, but a lot of people are forgetting that anything can happen in finals. Look what the Hornets did last year. Broadbeach were by far the better team that season. Everyone thought PBC were going to win it again in 2019 as well. You don’t win premierships in June haha.

Btw I’m not being critical of Aspley decision to come back to the qafl. Very few stand alone sides make a go of it in the vfl and that’s without the added disadvantage of travelling every 2nd week or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back