QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Broabeach winn by 10 goals plus in a scrappy encounter against Sherwood today.. Broady went into the game without 7 good regular players and must say some of the youngsters stood up ...this Dawson is a gem

Watched on livestream. Dawson named best on for Broady. His bomb from well outside 50 was impressive for an 18 year old.
Can see Southport circling his name for their development squad next year.

Tipping ladder ..
ok 6 tipsters step into the 70 s tally ,,

73; THUNDER
72; SMY , NWO,TOUCAN SOUP
71; DEZARIO, UNSPOKEN BRIZZ
69; BUNYIP,STUYD,STILL ME,
68;MOBBS
67;QLD CLUELESS, BIG E, FOOTY BOY, TIME TO RETIRE , PUGS
66; GOALKICKER,2010 PREMIER
65;BIG TEX, NOOSA BOY, BUD 63, UP IT STUMPY , LONGY ZILL
64; MAGPIE BOY
63 MUDSTICKS

Maggies had 11 teenagers, including a 15 year old in the side. Thought they battled pretty well against a formidable opponent with a few outs.

Didn’t see you there Thommo , are you still as active as ever?

Was a great moment after the game with a couple Sherwood lads coming into the Cats rooms to get signed footy boots from Jacob Townsend. They were super respectful lads.

One of the best things in footy ive seen for a while

oMaggies had 11 teenagers, including a 15 year old in the side. Thought they battled pretty well against a formidable opponent with a few outs.
As I said Thommo,, the Magpies contested the ball all day ...were hard at it ...so credit to them .
I believe Broadbeach also had 11 players in the side that are under 20 years of age.

I think you're full of it stuyd

Jellyman Turner, Erickson, Fillipone, Reeves, Boakye, Gilmore, Taylor, Townsend, Bishop, Jasper, Nicholas, Major, Hull, O'Neill & Huppatz are all over 20.

Thats 15 players, so unless you went out there with 26, not sure you had 11 players under 20 :D

Jellyman Turner, Erickson, Fillipone, Reeves, Boakye, Gilmore, Taylor, Townsend, Bishop, Jasper, Nicholas, Major, Hull, O'Neill & Huppatz are all over 20.

Thats 15 players, so unless you went out there with 26, not sure you had 11 players under 20 :D

Not to split hairs but the following played on the weekend, all teenagers except Hull and Major who are veterans at 20 year old and maybe 10 senior games between them.

Harrington
Lockett
Taylor
Major
Semmler
Hull
ONeill
Eckersley
OBrien
Lombard
Dawson

Taylor is 19, was a premiership player at 17 and Oneill a few weeks ago became eligible to drink booze and vote.

Miller 1971,,,see the reply from 2010 Premier mate ....
So not full of it hey !

so which of these 15 guys didn't play and is 19 or under?

Is this the same Taylor that came from Cararra? he is 20.

O'Neill I might have got wrong, but lets not slap so much mayo on it.

Highly doubt Sherwood had 11 teenagers either.

so which of these 15 guys didn't play and is 19 or under?

Is this the same Taylor that came from Cararra? he is 20.

O'Neill I might have got wrong, but lets not slap so much mayo on it.

Highly doubt Sherwood had 11 teenagers either.

They all played. Taylor oneill Hull Major incorrect from your list. Taylor a cats junior and is 19. Point isn’t if a guy has turned 20 or not anyway it’s more that compared to the other top sides for better or worse the cats are young, which hopefully bears fruit in the next few years.

It’s ok Miller to say “I stand corrected” and for that matter I take Thommo on his word where no doubt injury has provided opportunity for younger players

Hull & Major are 20. I'm pretty sure that means you are not a teenager, nor under 20 :think:

Brayden Taylor, I'm almost certain is 20, is a Cararra Junior and played NTFL for Pint this past summer. However, could be mistake on that one.

Splitting hairs, but seeing as we are going to debate it, might as well be accurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s ok Miller to say “I stand corrected” and for that matter I take Thommo on his word where no doubt injury has provided opportunity for younger players

While im in a hair splitting mood, I'll test tommo claims too

Austin, Baker, Mitcvhell, Ryan, Bulley, Edwards, Greene, James, Arok, westerhuis, Gardner & Davidson by my estimation are not teenagers

Thats 12 in total, so bit of mayo there as well.

Though it does shock the eyeballs seeing (u15D1) next to a senior players name!

Redlands Matt Hammlemen has 82 goals from 16 games _ ( avg 5.12 ) .
They play Aspley and Morningside in the last 2 rounds and will have at least 2 finals games,
Pressure is on him.

And now, the other half of time wasted for this week:

"Tradition V Trivia" (for anyone interested):

Labrador V Aspley
Played 13: Labrador 5 wins – Aspley 8
As will be illustrated again this week, the League is long past the days of rivalries that extend over decades and involve hundreds of games. However, that is the present nature of the evolution of the local competition.
For these two clubs, they enjoyed a short stint of clashes from 2009 to 2013, followed by a long interruption due to NEAFL commitments – and then a return to fixtures last year. There is not a lot to talk about… Perhaps that of the 13 games played, two have been decided by a single-digit margin.

Morningside V Surfers Paradise
Played 20: Morningside 9 – Surfers Paradise 11
This game is the most historically engaging of the week – and yet, we are still only talking about 20 games.
The two clubs have clashed since 2014. What I found quite interesting is that aside from the Win-Loss record being relatively close, the margins have been incredibly close too. Across twenty games, seven have been decided by a single-digit margin. That’s a particularly high strike rate.
Just to amuse myself, I thought I would look at the total scores for each club in this contest: Morningside 1,567 V Surfers Paradise 1,609.
How about that then? It’s pretty close.

Maroochydore V Palm Beach Currumbin
Played 8: Maroochydore 1 – Palm Beach Currumbin 7
The first time these two clubs have met this year.
In contrast to the previous game, this one overwhelmingly favours one club. They competed against each other in the AFLQ/SEQAFL era from 2011 to 2013 – and then met up again in QAFL from 2020 when the Roos were promoted. Prior to that time, they both competed in the AFLQ Division 2 competition from 2005 to 2010.
The closest margin between the two clubs (in the years 2011 to 2022) is 32 points. However, apart from that nailbiter, every other game has been decided by a margin of at least 54 points. I reckon a new record for the closest result between the two clubs could be set this weekend.

Also, if anyone disagrees with any details, please let me know - I'm cool to be corrected. Also, if you have any SQAFA/BAFL, GCAFL, or SCAFL results to share, please get in touch.

Enjoy. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back