QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Must say I did not expect Broady to defeat Redland today ,, especially with Bowman, Nickalus and Chawick out ,, but we did it as we did last week against Aspley ,
Must say congrats to senior coach O Brien and his assistants in a great game plan that simply nullified Redlands today

Again Southport promote Broadys Riley Bowman ,, but Southport had a bye this weekend ,, so Bowman does not play a game of footy ,, if you remember the same thing occured a few weeks ago ,,, I mean for F sake where is the logic by Southport .. ?????

Tipping ..
this is a close comp ,,, Smy joins Thunerdoc as leaders and there are 3 or 4 close behind.

70; THUNDERDOC AND SMY
69; DEZARIO ,NWO ,TOUCAN SOUP
68; UNSPOKEN BIZ
67; STUYD, BUNYIP,
66; MOBBS, STILL ME
65; QLD CLUELESS
64; GOALKICKER,BIG E , 2010 PREMIER, FOOTY BOY, TIME TO RETIRE , PUGS
63; BIG TEX, NOOSA BOY
62; BUD 63, MAGPIE BOY, UP IT STUMPY, LONGY ZILL
60, MUDSTICKS
30; WATERMELON

Not much happening up this way Stuyd pretty tough year for the Noosa boys.Just wanting to finish as well as possible,review and move forward.Been playing heaps of kids which has been exciting and their effort against Aspley on Saturday was terrific despite losing by 52 points.Layed just over 80 tackles so the effort certainly there.Get skipper and vice captain back this week which should help in what should be a winnable game at home.
Back to back wins from your Broady against the top two sides is a great sign at this time of year.Coming toward the business end another way!Massive chance to take it out in my opinion!
Hello ,,
anyone there ,,, no talk from no one ,,surely someone has some news, comments, opinions etce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much happening up this way Stuyd pretty tough year for the Noosa boys.Just wanting to finish as well as possible,review and move forward.Been playing heaps of kids which has been exciting and their effort against Aspley on Saturday was terrific despite losing by 52 points.Layed just over 80 tackles so the effort certainly there.Get skipper and vice captain back this week which should help in what should be a winnable game at home.
Back to back wins from your Broady against the top two sides is a great sign at this time of year.Coming toward the business end another way!Massive chance to take it out in my opinion!
Noosa Boy ,, agree and all the best to Noosa for the rest of the season.
As of my Broadbeach ,, well I cant believe we have defeated bothe Aspley and Redlands in the past 2 games,, must say great game plans by coach O Brien and squad.
On Saturday we had both Bowman and Nickalus out as well as b & f in Chadwick out ,,, so all is looking good but finals is a different game hey ,, lol

Noosa Boy ,, agree and all the best to Noosa for the rest of the season.
As of my Broadbeach ,, well I cant believe we have defeated bothe Aspley and Redlands in the past 2 games,, must say great game plans by coach O Brien and squad.
On Saturday we had both Bowman and Nickalus out as well as b & f in Chadwick out ,,, so all is looking good but finals is a different game hey ,, lol

I still can’t believe you were writing your teams season off a month or so ago because of a few injuries. It’s a long season and might work out in your favour with no burn out and hitting your straps at the business end

Haha yeah I think so. Gotta keep the faith mate. A great squad and a super coaching staff

Yeah I reckon the last 2 weeks May have surprised a few but is it just me or are surfers flying under the radar?

Have won 10 of 12 and one of the losses was to Redland when they were leading at the 22 min mark of the last.

Will get at least 1 home final.

I listened to Lappin speak at 3/4 time vs Maroochy - he was excellent in what was a close game. I'm surprised it's not a given that blokes who want to coach at the highest level don't go back to community footy to do at least a year with own side in what will always be tougher conditions than anything at AFL level.
Seems like some are now using the AFLW as a stepping stone or a VFL side but think community footy gives great perspective to a person about how to manage players/staff/administrators.

Think there is some under the radar talent there.

Haberfield, Smith, Shea, Pescud, Beardsell are all pretty bloody good, and Lachlan McDonald is handy also.

Shea, Pescud, Finch, Doran, Rundle all Southport listed, so could hurt them if they all started getting a VFL start. Pescud in particular is obviously in the Sharks best side once he is match fit.

Off topic... just checked out AFLQ website and saw the U17 QLD team announcement. Can someone please advise how 3 players based in Melbourne are included? Not a dig, just genuinely curious.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back