QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

no doubting a great recruit ,, but he alone will not bring a flag to Noosa ...this is the issue I ve been talking about

i think its the 3rd pretty handy recruit they have announced since the QAFL GF

Just depends how many they retained.

They getting Freeman and Tempo back now they have scratched their itch?

Those sort of things are definitely meant to come under the cap but that's another story. It's a self-reporting situation so how that works is beyond my imagination. Unfortunately I think the cap is a system in name only. More like a visor.

Those sort of things are definitely meant to come under the cap but that's another story. It's a self-reporting situation so how that works is beyond my imagination. Unfortunately I think the cap is a system in name only. More like a visor.

I know for a fact that Downtown Toyota give vehicles to high profile sportspersons whom use the vehicle in exchange for the promotion of the Dealership , be it attendance at various functions, promos on social media especially Downtowns facebook site etc etc ..
Currently they sponsor Mitch Robinson, League player Jarrod Wallace, cricketers Marcus Labuschage, and Ben Cutting ,, and also had Ash Barty before she retired. Go to the Downtown Toyota facebook and its got these sportspeople all thru the website promoting certain vehicles, attending specific functions etc,

Also remember Downtown are a major sponsor of Morningside footy club and have been for some 36 years. So with this procedure I dont think it would have anything to do with the QAFL and its policies on salary caps .Its Downtown Toyota that would of approached Morningside and to see if Mitch Robinson would be interested in in taking up the role

I see Maroochy putting out expressions of interest for a Senior menā€™s coach after announcing yesterday that Ben Jones was continuing.Iā€™m hearing he has stepped down and taken a role at Noosa driving Daniel Rich to and from gamesšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Go PiesšŸ’ŖšŸ’ŖšŸ’Ŗ

I see Maroochy putting out expressions of interest for a Senior menā€™s coach after announcing yesterday that Ben Jones was continuing.Iā€™m hearing he has stepped down and taken a role at Noosa driving Daniel Rich to and from gamesšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Go PiesšŸ’ŖšŸ’ŖšŸ’Ŗ
Nice deflection NB - yes Roos coaching position/appointment very untidy. On the car if a player derives a benefit from anyone for playing footy for a club it must be included in the salary cap, surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice deflection NB - yes Roos coaching position/appointment very untidy. On the car if a player derives a benefit from anyone for playing footy for a club it must be included in the salary cap, surely.
And the ex AFL players playing VAFA in Melb play for free as well.

No different to blokes getting a job and never showing up to work, if a Noosa sponsor wants to supply a car to Rich and the club isnā€™t paying them for it, it doesnā€™t need to be added into any salary cap

One minute we want good players to play QAFL and the next minute we try and shoot them down

I know for a fact that Downtown Toyota give vehicles to high profile sportspersons whom use the vehicle in exchange for the promotion of the Dealership , be it attendance at various functions, promos on social media especially Downtowns facebook site etc etc ..
Currently they sponsor Mitch Robinson, League player Jarrod Wallace, cricketers Marcus Labuschage, and Ben Cutting ,, and also had Ash Barty before she retired. Go to the Downtown Toyota facebook and its got these sportspeople all thru the website promoting certain vehicles, attending specific functions etc,

Also remember Downtown are a major sponsor of Morningside footy club and have been for some 36 years. So with this procedure I dont think it would have anything to do with the QAFL and its policies on salary caps .Its Downtown Toyota that would of approached Morningside and to see if Mitch Robinson would be interested in in taking up the role
That comes under the rules of the salary cap actually Stuyd. They were fairly comprehensive when released a few years back. This would come under the cap 100% - they aren't giving a footballer a car because he is kicking dew off in the 2's. It is a classic 3rd party deal. No different to a guy getting his pergola put in for nothing. It's based upon being reimbursed in some capacity for your footballing endeavours.
I'm not having a go at any club that does it bc clearly it isn't being policed and any club could do it if they had the right contacts but lets not pretend it wouldn't be allowed if it was. Personally think the salary cap should either be abolished or policed properly otherwise what is the point of it. The points system creates a more level playing field in any case.

And the ex AFL players playing VAFA in Melb play for free as well.

No different to blokes getting a job and never showing up to work, if a Noosa sponsor wants to supply a car to Rich and the club isnā€™t paying them for it, it doesnā€™t need to be added into any salary cap

One minute we want good players to play QAFL and the next minute we try and shoot them down
The criteria put out a few years back was fairly comprehensive and this sort of situation was covered off fairly well... If Madills wanted to give him a car and say "play wherever you like" then thats different - they are looking at putting him in a vehicle because they want Daniel Rich to drive around in it (no disrespect not sure he fits into that category) but if it's reliant on him kicking spirals at Weyba rd then it's part of the salary cap. Simple.
As for your example - well if this was happening then again it would be considered rorting the salary cap which I am sure you know goes on down there. Like paying a guy to coach your school side for $100k...:)

Can anyone from Morningside on here elaborate on what they thought Robinson's output on and off field was like, and whether it was a worthwhile exercise?
Think Robbo playing at Morningside has been huge benefit to club both onfield and off field. The crowds were up and bar sales massively increased along with Sponsorship.

If car comes with your job that is 50% of your income is that included in salary cap. Itā€™s not a third party deal if itā€™s part of your employment.

Robbo resigned for 2024 as he really brought into place as well. Plays and trains 100% which is what everyone loves about him. If they get 10 games a year out of him that is good value in my opinion.

Robbo didnā€™t make Mside premiership contenders, one great player wonā€™t change everything. But having him play adds interest and quality to the comp, same as Rich will at Noosa. These blokes arenā€™t shaping premierships by themselves but, so if they get a deal on a car or something extra to play, while the comp benefits from having ex AFL guys making the comp more relevant, surely itā€™s not an issue? Add to that the amount of IQ other players can pick up from them in games and at training, donā€™t see how people get so upset by one bloke getting a car!

See Nick Malceski has taken up a coaching role at the Gold Coast Suns,,,,he was the punters favourite to take over at Broadbeach, but thats aint happening now

The Melbourne Demons drug scandal I mentioned a few weeks ago is about gun Clayton Oliver, whom apparently has a drug addiction . Dont know whats gonna occur , but he missed 8 weeks with a Hammy that was not a hammy so to speak and apparently was put in hospital for rehab ..sad if true as he is one good player

Robbo didnā€™t make Mside premiership contenders, one great player wonā€™t change everything. But having him play adds interest and quality to the comp, same as Rich will at Noosa. These blokes arenā€™t shaping premierships by themselves but, so if they get a deal on a car or something extra to play, while the comp benefits from having ex AFL guys making the comp more relevant, surely itā€™s not an issue? Add to that the amount of IQ other players can pick up from them in games and at training, donā€™t see how people get so upset by one bloke getting a car!
Don't disagree with any of that but it's not about who the player is imo - its the stupidity of having a salary cap that doesn't get policed. May as well make it open slather if we are all about getting as many high profile players into the league. Just don't get why we have one as it can be so easily manipulated it seems. I know NB suggested a long time ago that every club should be able to have a marquee player on their books outside the cap - possibly a decent suggestion from him ;)

Don't disagree with any of that but it's not about who the player is imo - its the stupidity of having a salary cap that doesn't get policed. May as well make it open slather if we are all about getting as many high profile players into the league. Just don't get why we have one as it can be so easily manipulated it seems. I know NB suggested a long time ago that every club should be able to have a marquee player on their books outside the cap - possibly a decent suggestion from him ;)
Who said it doesnā€™t get policed? Donā€™t all clubs have to submit player contracts and spreadsheets along with the club financials each year?

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back