QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Going be labradors Facebook page they have picked up plenty of quality
Yeah they seemed to have recruited some real quality from Southport.Aspley have recruited strongly once again and I reckon if Maroochy get Simpson,Laing,Filo and Warren back,keep the likes of McLaughlin,Govan,Bury,Stone and Thomas,add Wilson from Noosa and a heap of talented Colts coming through they should be right in the mix!

No worries Stuyd, I reckon the comp will improve and be very even next year which is fantastic.As for a draw we should see a draft draw out prior to Christmas!
NOOSA BOY IM NOT DOING A LADDER PREDICTION HERE,, JUST COMMENTS ON RECRUITS,, ETC .. AS OF A LADDER PREDICTION i AGREE WITH YOU ESPECAILLY NOOsa

See there you go,, my post was worth it as I did not know about Labradors activity and if the Roos get those guns back geez its going to be a battle royale to reach the finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Mt Gravatt be in the draw?

Have to wonder if its worth it?

Do they do everything in their power (AFLQ and Mt Gravatt) to ensure they survive, only for them to lose by 15 goals every week?

Or do they just pull the trigger and reduce to 11 teams?

Not sure which is the best outcome. Could create a hugely lopsided draw for those that get them twice.

Have to wonder if its worth it?

Do they do everything in their power (AFLQ and Mt Gravatt) to ensure they survive, only for them to lose by 15 goals every week?

Or do they just pull the trigger and reduce to 11 teams?

Not sure which is the best outcome. Could create a hugely lopsided draw for those that get them twice.
Surely it needs to be addressed early in new year as to what their list looks like. Any updates on training numbers. I know most clubs with Colts training would have 80-90 on the track.

Iā€™m hearing MtGravatt well below that number and wouldnā€™t even have enough for two sides with Colts included.

80 or 90 on the track Iā€™d like to see that. Iā€™d be surprised if any club is getting more than 60 at this time of year remembering thereā€™s academy and VFL training happening, schoolies , guys flat out with work heading into Christmas and recruits that come in the new year.

Not to mention general motivation levels 4 plus months before round 1.

I think Covid showed us that the long pre season not really necessary. Even at AFL level clubs coming back 2-3 weeks later than they used to.

All that said all the chat is that Mt Gravatt are in strife, itā€™s sad to see

Yeah they seemed to have recruited some real quality from Southport.Aspley have recruited strongly once again and I reckon if Maroochy get Simpson,Laing,Filo and Warren back,keep the likes of McLaughlin,Govan,Bury,Stone and Thomas,add Wilson from Noosa and a heap of talented Colts coming through they should be right in the mix!

Youā€™ll find only Laing returning out of the gets you are speaking off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

and Gallop bouncing back towards Grange again?

He must be tired after playing Colts and Seniors every week...! :cool:
:) Yeah thats a fair backhander too. Is he going to Grange? That will be a loss despite his young age. Good player.

Are Simmo and Warren playing at L. Boga again Benny48?

Last edited:
:) Yeah fair backhander too. Is he going to Grange? That will be a loss despite his young age. Good player.

Are Simmo and Warren playing at L. Boga again Benny48?
Not sure if correct but I heard it could be the Imperials in the Sunraysia league whom are spending up big time ,, they have also secured the services of ex Essendon cult player be it Macdonald Tippin -Woody

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back