QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry , no you wouldn't of, I reckon if you guys had of kicked straight, from memory and correct me if I'm wrong, something like 1 goal 7 behinds between 2nd and 3rd qtr, reckon you'd have a medal.
Yeah was a few goals missed. Was a great atmosphere and a close game. That was 14 years ago! Grange is a good place to watch the footy

Sorry , no you wouldn't of, I reckon if you guys had of kicked straight, from memory and correct me if I'm wrong, something like 1 goal 7 behinds between 2nd and 3rd qtr, reckon you'd have a medal.
Bovalino took a stack of intercept marks in that last quarter

Coopooroo is a really good venue. Don’t think the size of the ground matters much as long as the deck is nice, good viewing areas, parking available and centralish location
Agree Dezario with your comments except one ,, and thats the size of the ground ,,, Qafl footy is fast and quite open, clubs are use to playing on good sized ovals which gives the space to see good footy , but a smaller sized oval somewhat clutters the type of footy played here and makes the game less attractive to some degree

Agree Dezario with your comments except one ,, and thats the size of the ground ,,, Qafl footy is fast and quite open, clubs are use to playing on good sized ovals which gives the space to see good footy , but a smaller sized oval somewhat clutters the type of footy played here and makes the game less attractive to some degree
So when Coorparoo come in next year the ground isn’t suitable for their home games?

Well O'Callaghan Park at Zillmere would be ideal then

The blurred line between corporate owned sport and social engineering Politics has long since disappeared.

If you think politics is not a part of football these days, you haven't been paying attention. Every time i turn the footy on i get far left politics shoved in my face. Now you demand i not even mention it, despite being on topic. Politics will be on full display on QAFL grand final day, from woke flags, to minorities ceremonies and celebrations of everything except for who and what built this fabulous nation.. but dont point that out!! Dont even mention the politics in sport we are constantly and increasingly assaulted with!!

Last edited:
Of course not. That’s not the same as hosting the GF.

That’s like saying carrara is no good for home and away games b cause it’s not the G
I get your point but it’s not really the same. The discussion with Gold Coast & MCG is about capacity to hold up to 100,000 people, not ground size.

Love to hear what GK11 thinks about the size of the ground. Was it ever an issue for you GK?

If you think politics is not a part of football these days, you haven't been paying attention. Every time i turn the footy on i get far left politics shoved in my face. Now you demand i not even mention it, despite being on topic. Politics will be on full display on QAFL grand final day, from woke flags, to minorities ceremonies and celebrations of everything except for who and what built this fabulous nation.. but dont point that out!! Dont even mention the politics in sport we are constantly and increasingly assaulted with!!

Yea you have officially lost it now. What complete rubbish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He made a great point I thought. Hopefully you get through Pride around this week without being too upset…

Pretty sure the ANZACS were from the group that actually built this country.I wouldn't have to point that out in a more intelligent forum. My opinions line up exactly with the the old fellas. My opinions are in line with generations of Australians. I haven't jumped on board with every single establishment talking point and social engineering construct that some of you have. ANZACS would turn in their grave if they saw the state of our moral decay. Howl like dingos all you like. Im right.

I think Coorparoo have a permanent Rainbow sign at their ground - will you need to shield your eyes if its there again this year?

We play on all different grounds and only bad coaches uses the size of the ground as excuses
Goalkicker,
my point has nothing to do with the result of the game .... my point is, as a spectator watching a QAFL Grand Final on a small surface area such as Coorparoo and Yeronga ,,,, compared to a ground with a large surface area ( and theres plenty of these sized grounds in the comp) the congestion and cramping of space makes for a game that s not so pretty to watch and on a larger area ground there is space for much more very attractive passages of footy ...

Goalkicker,
my point has nothing to do with the result of the game .... my point is, as a spectator watching a QAFL Grand Final on a small surface area such as Coorparoo and Yeronga ,,,, compared to a ground with a large surface area ( and theres plenty of these sized grounds in the comp) the congestion and cramping of space makes for a game that s not so pretty to watch and on a larger area ground there is space for much more very attractive passages of footy ...
Grand final scoring shots
2020 @ Yeronga 34
2021 @ Southport 32
2022 @ Coorparoo 42
2023 @ Coorparoo 49

I reckon I’m happy with over 40
Scoring shots for a grand final day, the cats just let you down in 2022 and beat themselves before they arrived 😉

Grand final scoring shots
2020 @ Yeronga 34
2021 @ Southport 32
2022 @ Coorparoo 42
2023 @ Coorparoo 49

I reckon I’m happy with over 40
Scoring shots for a grand final day, the cats just let you down in 2022 and beat themselves before they arrived 😉
Mate,,
nothing to do with scoring shots either ,,, Im talking about the space on a bigger ground that enables the good passages of play by sides because theres more space ,, and yes Grand Finals are much more pressure and you dont get the the same amount of great passages of footy but you do get more on a ground with space ,
Qafl footy is quick and good to watch especially on the larger grounds and IMO the smaller grounds restrict this as a spectacle

Got to comment here ,, nothing to do with the QAFL,
Remember the north melbourne legend be it Brent Boomer Harvey ,, whom after being very wrongly forced into retiremnent by the Roos went on to play with North Heidelberg in the very strong Northern league in suburban Melbourne for years now ,, I was not aware but he broke his leg last season and after 15 months he played yet again ,,his first game in 15 months ,,,, straight into the senior side and bagged 7 goals and was BOG ,,, and how old is he ,, 46 !!!
I mean that is just unheard of ,,

Got to comment here ,, nothing to do with the QAFL,
Remember the north melbourne legend be it Brent Boomer Harvey ,, whom after being very wrongly forced into retiremnent by the Roos went on to play with North Heidelberg in the very strong Northern league in suburban Melbourne for years now ,, I was not aware but he broke his leg last season and after 15 months he played yet again ,,his first game in 15 months ,,,, straight into the senior side and bagged 7 goals and was BOG ,,, and how old is he ,, 46 !!!
I mean that is just unheard of ,,
I did kick 3 goals for the pine rivers 2s the other week and I’m 44 so I might start calling myself the boomer of QLD footy.

But yes he should have played 100 more AFL games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back