QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone from Grange tell me what has happened to Korewha from Koroit via Darwin? Came with pretty impressive resume and noticed mostly named in 2s and not at all now.
He was named best on ground in the seniors last game. Looks like he's in a pocket this week.
But yes played a fair bit of reserves by the look of it.

(I haven't seen any comment on this during the week.)

Given that the AFLQ announced a couple of days ago that Coorparoo will definitely be in the QAFL in 2025, given the absence of any further announcements, should we anticipate a 13-team competition next year?
Or does anyone have other news?
Mt GRAVATT unfortunately don’t appear to be competitive in this competition and could potentially fold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not from what I’ve heard. Tbh it’s QAFL or back to Friday night most likely as if they dropped out of QAFL they’d lose a heap of players probably

On another note a good day for Gold Coast QAFL teams
Loose a heap of players if they drop out of the Qafl !!! they have very little players on their current list that are up to QAFL standard ,, would think these players would like to drop a Division and enjoy winning some games intead of 30 goal thrashings each week

Loose a heap of players if they drop out of the Qafl !!! they have very little players on their current list that are up to QAFL standard ,, would think these players would like to drop a Division and enjoy winning some games intead of 30 goal thrashings each week
Think AFLQ is giving them another year to retain some players for next year and recruit. As if they were to drop at the end of this season. You would find they would be bottom of div 1 very quickly and struggle to get numbers. But I do see the other side of the argument in terms of there will now be Sherwood, Morningside and now Coorparoo vying for players in the same area next year. Perhaps AFLQ pull the pin based on performances in practice matches next year. Or earlier. Bottom line is that they if they fall out this year they are close to folding.

Think AFLQ is giving them another year to retain some players for next year and recruit. As if they were to drop at the end of this season. You would find they would be bottom of div 1 very quickly and struggle to get numbers. But I do see the other side of the argument in terms of there will now be Sherwood, Morningside and now Coorparoo vying for players in the same area next year. Perhaps AFLQ pull the pin based on performances in practice matches next year. Or earlier. Bottom line is that they if they fall out this year they are close to folding.
I hear you ,,, but they really dont have many players that are qafl senior players ,, thats my point ,, slim pickings for the QAFL clubs looking to recruit from here,
So why do you say lots of the current playing list will leave if the club drops a division ?
More food for thought ,, if they drop a division is there a chance a number of players from other clubs nearby in that lower division may well want to join Mt Gravatt ??

I hear you ,,, but they really dont have many players that are qafl senior players ,, thats my point ,, slim pickings for the QAFL clubs looking to recruit from here,
So why do you say lots of the current playing list will leave if the club drops a division ?
More food for thought ,, if they drop a division is there a chance a number of players from other clubs nearby in that lower division may well want to join Mt Gravatt ??
Don’t disagree with that.

My point would be that they have plenty of youngsters that would most likely want to have another crack at QAFL and go to a rival club. UQ have taken almost a decade to get their seniors into finals. And Sandgate is now doing very well in div 2 north. But both took many years to recover from the drop.

Would be great when they are dropped to div 1 they’d be somewhat competitive. But I made a post about a week or so ago about what exactly does AFLQ deem a success for Mt Gravatt to stay in next year? Let’s say they win 4 games but still finish last. Do they still get dropped? What happens if Coorparoo comes last?

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back