• Collingwood

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • The real victory is the friends you make along the way

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 21 15.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What surprised me most was how scrappy and non-composed we became, so many panicky disposals
and fumbling moments and bad decisions after 1st quarter...thought we were better than that..intense pressure sure, but thought we were used to that..yet we regrouped and came though..the Pies threw everything at us...We'll be stronger for this and hopefully more composed next time. The greatest moment of this win was Jetta's victory stance and Eddy's meltdown in front of his embarrassed sons!!

This means we can get down and dirty and scrap when we need to of course we know this but Vic media think we only play the mark kick possession possession game ...

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
This means we can get down and dirty and scrap when we need to of course we know this but Vic media think we only play the mark kick possession possession game ...

For sure, but I thought we were better/cleaner scrappers than that in previous games..just shows the intensity of finals (and Pies) I guess..but certainly we've played in some real scrappy slugfests this season, and are capable of doing both..

Fans who tell others to sit down during the game are the worst. Had a bloke behind me who had a go at anyone who stood for more than 2 seconds, acted like an absolute DH
People who stand up while the game is going are the absolute worst. Stand up after a goal is kicked, otherwise if you stand up no one behind you can see - especially kids.

If a couple of people at the front stand up, ends up everyone has to, and some people still won't be able to see anything.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep.. watched the last half from a bus to Budapest and started tearing up at the end.

Gave it a massive fist pump and a YESSSSS when Jetta kicked that goal, which weirded some people out
Enjoy Budapest, when i went years ago they had a heap of open air clubs along the river

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think we're the only top 4 side to have beaten the other 3.
The Hawks away. Collingwood home and away and Richmond at home.

Wonder if those germs like Tom Browne who before the Brisbane game said
"WC will be luck to hold onto a spot in the 4. They're the most vulnerable side in the 8".

Or Jay Clarke from the HS who last week said "Collingwood will win because "the wheels have fallen off WC".
will back track.

Can't wait until the preliminary final.
Can see the headlines now
GWS have momentum are the only side who can beat Richmond or
History beckons for the Baby Demons.

Wasn't saying that this is the most successful or talented squad that we have seen play in blue and gold.

However in my opinion this is the most cohesive collective I can recall seeing. Everyone knows their role. It's not individual quality; everything is about the system - the team.

I understood that was your point. I just don't agree with it. Did you watch that team (1991 -1994) play? A machine

I am a little baffled by the Melbourne hype. We lost Jack early and still hit the front in the 4th quarter after giving them a 5 goal headstart.

Gawn was dominant and gave their mids silver service but it wasnt a Bombers level thrashing we were on the end of by any stretch.
They play a good contested brand of footy.

They also missed Viney who just loves the hard shit.

I’ll go on record as being a very concerned supporter if they got through to us.

Saturday Prelim. Time to be Confirmed. Will be Saturday arvo

What makes you think it's arvo? Last Saturday Prelim played in Perth was 545pm in 2015 against North.
Ideally the Victorian team would like an early game so they can get back to recover in the event they have a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They play a good contested brand of footy.

They also missed Viney who just loves the hard shit.

I’ll go on record as being a very concerned supporter if they got through to us.
Im not saying they are a poor side. Just pointing out there is a bit of a disconnect between what happened and what the perception seems to be.

Friday night Premil?
It should be Friday, for 2 important reasons:
* Winner of our will have to travel from Perth for Grand Final.
* Ensures winner of GWS/ Pies get a 7 day break before Richmond prelim.

Would be totally unfair if GWS are expected to travel twice to Melb in 6 days when it doesnt need to happen. Even Pies wouldnt want a 6 day break against Tigers (15 day break).

Tigers prelim should be Sat arvo. Only way to ensures EVERY team get 7 day+ plus break before every final.

But.... the AFL are known to make stupid decisions.

Edit: Pies v GWS confirmed as a NIGHT semi - makes the above points even more relevant. Would expect it to be a arvo game if the winner is expected to play a Friday prelim.

Wow what a night! So nervous in that last quarter what an amazing finish. Jetta Darling with the clutch goals. The midfield stood up in that last quarter and beat the Pies midfield. Redden, Sheed and Yeo were superb. Went out afterwards where a Dockers fan asked me and my mates if we had meth up our arses like Benny. Guess when your list manager reckons Carltank are a better chance at a good future and your footy operations manager leaves and your 2nd best player meets with the Brisbane coach you only got bitterness to hold onto. Great night though Vardy I thought did great against Grundy we were at least competitive in the ruck. Great win boys go the Mighty Eagles!!!!

Is Barrass, a....umm.....different kind of fella? I don’t mean....you know.

But remember that weird team winning photo, where he had that funny look on his face, but I also noticed pre game during the anthem, he was the only one with no game face on, just looked so chilled and relaxed. Never seems flustered.

Played well, is a gun.

Radio trying to intentionally misinterpret booing this morning - apparantly people whinging that Varcoe was booed accorfing to Pies fans and Adams was booed because he was injured (and not the free kick to him for diving into Yeo's legs).

People always looking to do this cr@p sh1t me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day QF: West Coast Eagles vs Collingwood Magpies

Back