QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Aside from Coops possibly
Judging from the scores UQ were leading at 3/4 time so did have a chance. Although I do agree that coops should be favourites but with how even this comp is they’ll still have to be at their best each week because we know each team will be chasing them and trying to make a statement

saw coorparoo play caloundra a few weeks ago. they were slick the way they moved the ball. mouthy bloke at chb is good, 5 was classy and skinny kid up forward made em look silly and kicked a heap.

saw coorparoo play caloundra a few weeks ago. they were slick the way they moved the ball. mouthy bloke at chb is good, 5 was classy and skinny kid up forward made em look silly and kicked a heap.
Very confident team the Kings, know how good they are and aren’t afraid to let you know about it (don’t mean anything bad about it, actually think it’s a great thing) , fair play to them as they are the favourites right now in the comp and will be difficult to beat.

Had a look at Hinterland beating Springwood on Saturday. Hinterland have a good midfield and defence, but are lacking a key forward. Ray Hill kicked 5 from a HFF. He got 2 in the first and 3 in the last. The blues kicked 4 goals in the last 5 minutes to flatter the score board. Both in the second and third quarter the blues got out to a 4-5 goal lead, but Springwood came back at the end of the quarters. THe blues then got over them late in the game. As with other teams, the Blues depth is not good as their reserves got pumped by over 100 points (again).

Judging from the scores UQ were leading at 3/4 time so did have a chance. Although I do agree that coops should be favourites but with how even this comp is they’ll still have to be at their best each week because we know each team will be chasing them and trying to make a statement

Saw a half of this game and I’d say Coorparoo just had a bit more depth/quality. UQ are pretty good

Saw a half of this game and I’d say Coorparoo just had a bit more depth/quality. UQ are pretty good
Coorparoo have had the best depth in this comp the last few years as evidenced by their ressies results the last couple years, Uq have always been there about and just not able to push their way up the ladder however this year certainly seems like a year that they can jump up.

Its a funny season - Caloundra should have beaten UQ by 8 goals I'm told but for terrible kicking but UQ look to appear as good as anyone in comp bar Coops possibly. Certainly a much better list as it has been said earlier, than previous years. Which is good. They keep on keeping on UQ paying no $$ but from what i always saw a really good environment.

How bloody good is this comp?! Have to be up there for most even in the country. Anybody can beat anybody on their day. Great to watch too — average score of 96 across the four games last round!

Word is Dane Swan playing for Hinterland in June.

Andrew Murray from Caloundra is nearing full fitness from what I hear so he is about ready for a senior debut which is a huge bonus for them... Kid can play

Great game of footy for the Buffs at Guardian Gantry Oval today V Moreton Bay, Both team had a fantastic effort. There was plenty of passion in this game. As mentioned this is a great comp.

Almost feel like a broken record at this point but it I truly amazing how even this comp is, a draw, 2 point margin and a few goals ended up being the results. This comp is so even from top to bottom that it feels like anyone who makes the finals has a genuine chance of winning it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost feel like a broken record at this point but it I truly amazing how even this comp is, a draw, 2 point margin and a few goals ended up being the results. This comp is so even from top to bottom that it feels like anyone who makes the finals has a genuine chance of winning it all.
Massive effort by Springwood to draw with Coops after last weeks loss to Hinterland which i'm sure they expected to win. Might come down to having some luck with injuries and managing your list to be right at the pointy end.

Massive effort by Springwood to draw with Coops after last weeks loss to Hinterland which i'm sure they expected to win. Might come down to having some luck with injuries and managing your list to be right at the pointy end.
Pumas have yet to finish a game with a full bench this year. Lots of injuries but starting to get guys back which should help. Definitely would’ve been disappointed with the loss against hinterland and the week before with Beenleigh, definitely was a big effort for the draw with Coorparoo but would be disappointed with themselves seeing as they had a 27 point lead heading into the final quarter. Full credit to coops they showed why they are the class of the comp with their last quarter, just add another classic between Coorparoo and Springwood to the list over the last decade.

Does seem to be some separation starting to occur at the top of the table but that 4 & 5 spot heading into finals is going to be a hell of a battle to watch. Every team still in it and can only imagine it could very well come down to the last round who gets the last spots.

Heading into the Rep round bye seems like a good time to review the season so far as we now get to the pointy end of it. Looks like it will be a very tight race towards the end of the year with every team still a chance to be playing finals.

Coorparoo still sitting undefeated and favourites for the comp so far and rightfully so and look like they’re in a very good position.

Springwood hitting a run of form now after a couple shaky losses but seem to be the main contender so far against the kings, should be a mouthwatering match up in a few weeks between the two.

Caloundra have had a couple heavy losses to the top 2 at some point during the year but still have some top end talent to be able to compete at the end of the year.

Mayne finding a bit of form also now heading towards finals, would be handy for them to create a bit of a gap between them and the few below them to ensure they at least host a final in the first week.

Beenleigh is an interesting one, losing Murdoch who is the best player in this comp in my opinion is absolutely massive and would be putting the Buffs in a precarious position but they still have some very good talent on that team that can help them sneak into that 5th spot for finals.

UQ have dropped off a little bit after their strong start to the year, that loss to Beenleigh at home after being up by 6 goals in the last quarter could come back to bite them big time.

Hinterland have struggled a bit on the road but when they play at home it’s like they become a different team, will be very hard to beat on their home deck and if they can sneak one or two on the road could possibly slide into that 5th spot. Very good debut season in Div 1 though.

Moreton bay I think I expected a little bit more from this year after making finals in their first season last year, still have in my opinion two absolute guns in Giles and Nickalls who I think is the best forward in the comp. Hopefully for their sake they find some form after the bye and can somehow sneak into finals.

Yep, pretty good summation there Footyboy, spot on. Top 4 pretty much set, bottom four just a game separates them and battling for 5th. Injuries playing a part, Murdoch, as you mentioned at Beenleigh (and a couple of other long term), and Crozier at UQ a huge out for them. I don't think they have won since he got injured against Springwood. Kilworth a huge in for Hinterland and Knight back playing Friday nights on permit. Maybe he becomes a factor for them as well after the byes. Still lots to play out, this is a very good comp. I reckon Pumas are building, they will give Coorparoo a huge shake. I would almost back them in once they get a couple more good players (Keeble, Estall, Friis) back from injury.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I
Yep, pretty good summation there Footyboy, spot on. Top 4 pretty much set, bottom four just a game separates them and battling for 5th. Injuries playing a part, Murdoch, as you mentioned at Beenleigh (and a couple of other long term), and Crozier at UQ a huge out for them. I don't think they have won since he got injured against Springwood. Kilworth a huge in for Hinterland and Knight back playing Friday nights on permit. Maybe he becomes a factor for them as well after the byes. Still lots to play out, this is a very good comp. I reckon Pumas are building, they will give Coorparoo a huge shake. I would almost back them in once they get a couple more good players (Keeble, Estall, Friis) back from injury.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is Knight welcomed back to hinterland though?

I wouldn't have thought so but there are a few Hinterland ppl on here who would be able to say more categorically. If he can't play finals at Jets I'm not sure why you would bother
Based on the commentary about I would have a stab and say hinterland haven’t cleared the transfer and hence the permit

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back