QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

had a club president tell me it was simply to ensure the season finished on a particular date! Sounds stupid. Fine line between too many byes and not enough but in a comp that has a built in bye each week I'm not sure too many fixtured ones are required.
Whatever the reason they all seem to almost sound as ridiculous as each other

Whatever the reason they all seem to almost sound as ridiculous as each other
Not sure what all the fuss is about. Every club in the preseason, prior to the fixture being set, gets to ask for any special dates or requirements. It could be rival rounds or special events, play on a Sunday on a particular weekend etc. If both clubs agree I cannot see what the issue is.

Not sure what all the fuss is about. Every club in the preseason, prior to the fixture being set, gets to ask for any special dates or requirements. It could be rival rounds or special events, play on a Sunday on a particular weekend etc. If both clubs agree I cannot see what the issue is.
Agree LB and our girls first preference is to have a bye at splendour round! Heaps of them going.Reckon a few of them would miss a GF to head to Splendour tbh😂

I got no problem with both clubs agreeing to that part. I just find it a bit ridiculous that they have 3 byes in the space of 6 weeks. Especially when it is so close to finals time too. As FF said, having the two bye rounds one after the other in rep round is a bit ridiculous. Could’ve done the bye for this week. But I did hear something about AFLQ wanting the Div 1 grand final in the first weekend of September for whatever reason.

I got no problem with both clubs agreeing to that part. I just find it a bit ridiculous that they have 3 byes in the space of 6 weeks. Especially when it is so close to finals time too. As FF said, having the two bye rounds one after the other in rep round is a bit ridiculous. Could’ve done the bye for this week. But I did hear something about AFLQ wanting the Div 1 grand final in the first weekend of September for whatever reason.
Because its the week that the AFL don't play - the pre final bye round

great final round upcoming, still very much open for Beenleigh or Moreton Bay to sneak into 5th!
Should be a hell of a final round. Will imagine it’ll be least likely for Beenleigh as they’re having to face Coorparoo in the final round, not to mention the buffs seem to be having some big injuries to key players now too. Moreton are a sneaky chance at home facing Caloundra. Whilst hinterland are always very good at home playing a Mayne team with a lot to play for still coming off of a very surprising result yesterday.

It does almost seem that the top 2 have separated themselves a little bit from the rest but come finals time it really could be anyone’s game. No team can afford to be off there game any week going forward now that’s for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Div 1 comp would have to be one of the most even comps in Australia over the last few years. Sets up a cracking finals series!

What an unreal result for the blues, judging by the scores at 3/4 time too they may have well been in danger of not making it too being down by 50+. Full credit to them making it in there first year similar to what Moreton did last year.

Will be an interesting first week of finals now. Springwood v Mayne should be a cracker if there games this year are anything to go by. All the way back in round 2 the pumas had probably the most impressive 10 minutes of footy you’ll see in any league as they came back from 22 points down to end up winning by 22 points. Then second time round Pumas only getting up by 4 points at home so should be a cracker between the two.

Caloundra v Hinterland should be a cracker as well, Caloundra managed to survive again hinterland last week and hung on for the win but they almost seem to be stumbling towards the finish line now. Should be another cracker of a final.

Caloundra will be really disappointed they didn't go on with the game yesterday after being in control early. Among other things it was the club's 50 year anniversary celebrations this weekend and a lot of past players and officials in attendance. No doubt Penguin (ex Caloundra player himself) and the MB clan would have been happy to put a full stop on their season with a really good win to upset the celebrations.

Caloundra v Hinterland will be a good game next week - main difference being it will get played at Caloundra to week prior whereas Hinterland have shown their ground to be a real fortress this season. Good for coast footy to have another rivalry though outside of Maroochy v Noosa.

Caloundra will be really disappointed they didn't go on with the game yesterday after being in control early. Among other things it was the club's 50 year anniversary celebrations this weekend and a lot of past players and officials in attendance. No doubt Penguin (ex Caloundra player himself) and the MB clan would have been happy to put a full stop on their season with a really good win to upset the celebrations.

Caloundra v Hinterland will be a good game next week - main difference being it will get played at Caloundra to week prior whereas Hinterland have shown their ground to be a real fortress this season. Good for coast footy to have another rivalry though outside of Maroochy v Noosa.
Yeah that should be a ripper next week between the two Coast sides! I watched the second half of the Nambour v Mayne game and both teams have some real quality.Mayne just a bit cleaner and took their opportunities! Great effort by Blues to make finals first year in Div 1 and their new clubrooms and set up is outstanding.

Yeah that should be a ripper next week between the two Coast sides! I watched the second half of the Nambour v Mayne game and both teams have some real quality.Mayne just a bit cleaner and took their opportunities! Great effort by Blues to make finals first year in Div 1 and their new clubrooms and set up is outstanding.
Agree with all that but I am scratching my head how you can play 16 games and win just 5 games and lose 11 and make finals. Amazingly 2 other teams on the same win/loss. So a real tight comp in the mid/lower part of the ladder.

Agree with all that but I am scratching my head how you can play 16 games and win just 5 games and lose 11 and make finals. Amazingly 2 other teams on the same win/loss. So a real tight comp in the mid/lower part of the ladder.
Hi Lagging just checked the ladder and yes you are correct.I had no idea of the above statistics and agree it seems ludicrous that with a 5-11 win loss record you qualify for finals!

I think the teams that have joined this competition has held themselves really well over the last few years with the step up Hinterland, Moreton, Beenleigh.

The other ridiculous thing is the second highest competition in SEQ is playing finals in early August.

Good luck to all the teams.

Think it’s just a credit to how close the comp is. I look at UQ for example and it just astounds me that they finished 2 games behind second last. When I actually watch UQ play they’re a very good team and just judging by results they seem to struggle to close out games.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back