QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawkshot didnt win, but neither do many things i back.

Saw part of the reserves game at Moreton bay and all the seniors. (Friend plays at kedron).

Very tight contest. Moreton Bay won by 10 points. Game blew out in favour of MB through the second and third quarter. But kedron fought back well. Number 5 for kedron looked slick through the middle and the new recruit for kedron played well in the second half, but was well held in the first.

Moreton had an even effort, a small forward bobbed up and kicked 3 (no. 42) with solid pressure. Appeared to be a high quality game.

Interestingly, I saw 20 redcliffe boys popping down for a bit of a gander.
Just noticed your post. Just off the phone to a mate who was at that game, reckons Kedron were almost full strength ?

Not

Not sure. If they weren’t at full strength, they look pretty strong. Unsure about Moreton and if they were at full strength.
Guess it was a reality check for the Kedron boys getting ahead of themselves. Apparently Money man at Kedron .. westerberg held to less than 5 touches and abused his team mates all day

Guess it was a reality check for the Kedron boys getting ahead of themselves. Apparently Money man at Kedron .. westerberg held to less than 5 touches and abused his team mates all day
Apparently you have no idea what your posting.
Nice try at shit stir but so far off the mark.
Moreton great young side who will only get better.
Same can be said for kedron.
Will be great games when they meet.

Ha
hard to comment on the abuse from the new recruit from Kedron as I couldn’t really hear - was a good crowd at the game which was partly why (120-150?)

Would have to agree with outandabout, just a couple of good young sides who will improve.

Hard for me to make a judgement on other sides. But from the game I saw yesterday, it was a hot footy that’s for certain.

Kedron did beat a depleted Yeronga in the earlier practice match they played, so I guess winning form is good form?

Any reports on Wynnum and Ipswich? Seems like they are also going to be around the mark?

Last edited:
Will be great games when they meet.[/QUOT
so westerberg had more than 5 touches ?
Would agree with young sides on the up.

so westerberg had more than 5 touches ?
Would agree with young sides on the up.
Without trying to start a war, westenburg did spend some time in the ruck, so probably can be forgiven for lack disposal. Second half when he went forward, had an impact and converted 2 goals from memory. Big unit, good hands and he will help kedron immensely. Saying that, the young full back from Moreton did compete really well on a more seasoned opponent. (credit where credit is due).

Without trying to start a war, westenburg did spend some time in the ruck, so probably can be forgiven for lack disposal. Second half when he went forward, had an impact and converted 2 goals from memory. Big unit, good hands and he will help kedron immensely. Saying that, the young full back from Moreton did compete really well on a more seasoned opponent. (credit where credit is due).
Only going off what a mate saw a tweet the game. Knows his footy, but guess from my end just an assumption from conversation. He did say Moreton Bay have Kedron covered.
On that note I'm sure both sides had a bit up there sleeves. Couldn't imagine both at full strength.
Any other feedback on games

Only going off what a mate saw a tweet the game. Knows his footy, but guess from my end just an assumption from conversation. He did say Moreton Bay have Kedron covered.
On that note I'm sure both sides had a bit up there sleeves. Couldn't imagine both at full strength.
Any other feedback on games

Tough call early on to say that MB have Kedron covered. Looked even in every part of the ground, kedron fought back well after a slow start to the second quarter.

A tale of two halves more like it. Fitness will be the key with these two sides, and it appeared Kedron ran out the game a little stronger to my eye.

Regardless, hoping for a good match up and healthy rivalry throughout the home and away season. Now doubt it’ll be a good match up

Tough call early on to say that MB have Kedron covered. Looked even in every part of the ground, kedron fought back well after a slow start to the second quarter.

A tale of two halves more like it. Fitness will be the key with these two sides, and it appeared Kedron ran out the game a little stronger to my eye.

Regardless, hoping for a good match up and healthy rivalry throughout the home and away season. Now doubt it’ll be a good match up
Fair call you were at the game.
Not much known about Moreton, other than they have dropped a division so expected to be competitive.
Playing group at Kedron talked themselves up socially to give through undefeated... cockiness or felt the recruits were the key to their comments.
To be honest there's no doubt that all the teams will have improved, just to what extent.
Round 1 has some interesting games where a few will find out if they've done enough over the off season.

Unsure about the ‘cockiness’ and the notion of the group going through undefeated came from - news to me.

I’m not super close to the club, but given a friend plays there and I’m a regular attendee at games, from what I have seen and read into - they are a focused group and know what they need to do. From what I know, it’s been a hard road for this crew and they have fought back well over the last few years to get themselves into a good position on and off the field. I would call that self belief.

With respect to the forum, I think we have beaten the topic of yesterday’s game to death.

Just hopeful all teams are competitive and we can see good footy all around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s going on at the Eagles? Apparently a news article in the Ipswich Paper where the coach was upset about defecting eagles players bagging out the club? I’ve heard the Eagles have lost players to Moorooka mainly but also Jindalee, Park Ridge and fellow Ipswich side the Cats. Over 20 players (a lot of them first graders over the past 2 years) are gone. Trouble for the Eagles! Back to the bottom perhaps for the Eags!

What’s going on at the Eagles? Apparently a news article in the Ipswich Paper where the coach was upset about defecting eagles players bagging out the club? I’ve heard the Eagles have lost players to Moorooka mainly but also Jindalee, Park Ridge and fellow Ipswich side the Cats. Over 20 players (a lot of them first graders over the past 2 years) are gone. Trouble for the Eagles! Back to the bottom perhaps for the Eags!
I’ve been saying this for ages that the Eagles are falling apart and all I cop is shit, their coach is over rated and couldn’t get a gig anywhere else. I’m told the players don’t like him one bit.

My Roosters are on the way up and with who we have signed we will be top 2 without a doubt .

Yep hearing the same thing here on the Northside. I believe they will struggle to get 2 competitive teams each week and due to losing so many players When the "old Boys" start to get those niggling injuries during the season they may have to source players from other clubs.

I just got a private reply to my message about Ipswich. All this person wanted to tell me about was the new players they have signed. Obviously player retention is not a priority in Ipswich - more concerned with their new recruits then the loyal incumbents. No wonder the club seems to be having a mass exodus.

I’m thinking Moorooka will be big improvers but Gympie with travel factor could be a genuine threat this season. Don’t be surprised to see the flag go north. Could be a wide open season this year!

Mmmmm I very seriously doubt it,I hear they are in deep shit at the moment you only have to watch their fb lives at training on their club page and there are 5 guys training with about 10 girls WOW what a squad I’ve been told if they get rid of the current coach the numbers will come back, apparently are are looking for a replacement to cover the future sacking same goes for Redcliffe current coach treading on very thin ice. Can’t believe aflq described Ipswich as a 3rd div powerhouse on their website the other day seriously what’s the world coming too if that’s what they think.

And all you guys who hate me and bag me I don’t give a .... facts are facts

Great facts can you give us your name while you’re at it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just got a private reply to my message about Ipswich. All this person wanted to tell me about was the new players they have signed. Obviously player retention is not a priority in Ipswich - more concerned with their new recruits then the loyal incumbents. No wonder the club seems to be having a mass exodus.

I’m thinking Moorooka will be big improvers but Gympie with travel factor could be a genuine threat this season. Don’t be surprised to see the flag go north. Could be a wide open season this year!

This is brilliant I invite you down to the training this week to see how bad things are down there it’s sad guys feel they should be given a senior game instead of actually earning it. Sometimes some hard truths never hurt anyone. The coach can’t wipe everyone’s arse it’s a men’s sports not Auskick.

I’ve been saying this for ages that the Eagles are falling apart and all I cop is shit, their coach is over rated and couldn’t get a gig anywhere else. I’m told the players don’t like him one bit.

My Roosters are on the way up and with who we have signed we will be top 2 without a doubt .

Will the Eagles sink as low as Beenleigh when you coached them Paul Opbroek?

This is brilliant I invite you down to the training this week to see how bad things are down there it’s sad guys feel they should be given a senior game instead of actually earning it. Sometimes some hard truths never hurt anyone. The coach can’t wipe everyone’s arse it’s a men’s sports not Auskick.

Well Moonshadow I don’t know you but I hope for your sake all is well. I’m just hearing a lot of whispers that the coach has lost the playing group. He seems to treat his players poorly and doesn’t have much respect around the league. Oh well good luck to you mate 👍💪

Well Moonshadow I don’t know you but I hope for your sake all is well. I’m just hearing a lot of whispers that the coach has lost the playing group. He seems to treat his players poorly and doesn’t have much respect around the league. Oh well good luck to you mate

All seems well from where I was standing the other night. Certainly lost a lot of players there is know doubting that but from all reports plenty of new additions. More than happy to give you names of the ones who left and sadly that group never liked the coach, but hey wouldn’t be the first group of guys that didn’t like their coach and left he must be doing something right considering in 2016 they finished bottom and would of been lucky to have 10-12 players training to playing in the last 2 grand finals and getting plenty on the training track. It’s sad any past player would slack their previous clubs off and even worse they sign for a club/clubs they have ran down for years 🤣 each to their own though hey mate

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back