QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

This is brilliant I invite you down to the training this week to see how bad things are down there it’s sad guys feel they should be given a senior game instead of actually earning it. Sometimes some hard truths never hurt anyone. The coach can’t wipe everyone’s arse it’s a men’s sports not Auskick.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just hearing rumours mate that the coach has lost the playing group. Treats the players terribly and is clear he has no respect within the league. Perhaps the Eagles need to cut the coach before his cancerous attitude cripples the club for good

B
All seems well from where I was standing the other night. Certainly lost a lot of players there is know doubting that but from all reports plenty of new additions. More than happy to give you names of the ones who left and sadly that group never liked the coach, but hey wouldn’t be the first group of guys that didn’t like their coach and left he must be doing something right considering in 2016 they finished bottom and would of been lucky to have 10-12 players training to playing in the last 2 grand finals and getting plenty on the training track. It’s sad any past player would slack their previous clubs off and even worse they sign for a club/clubs they have ran down for years 🤣 each to their own though hey mate

Unfair of me to comment though as I’m not there - I presume you are from the eagles - so best of luck for the season mate hope all is better than it seems from the outside

B

Unfair of me to comment though as I’m not there - I presume you are from the eagles - so best of luck for the season mate hope all is better than it seems from the outside

No issues from this side mate, I just love these forums and all the stuff that gets thrown on here it’s sad seeing individuals slag off clubs they know nothing about but what would we be without these people 🤣 I guess we would have nothing else to chat about hey

Hearing the same, most have disliked him for a while. With some embarrassed about the facebook live stuff also. Calling blokes that haven't played for them in years trying to get players up. Hear he's got the little bald man wrapped around his finger though, All the whispers/rumors not going their way it seems..

Oh well best of luck in 2019 Eagles, hope you make the granny again.... would be awesome to see you lose 3x in a row !

Hearing the same, most have disliked him for a while. With some embarrassed about the facebook live stuff also. Calling blokes that haven't played for them in years trying to get players up. Hear he's got the little bald man wrapped around his finger though, All the whispers/rumors not going their way it seems..

Oh well best of luck in 2019 Eagles, hope you make the granny again.... would be awesome to see you lose 3x in a row !

What’s wrong with being bald

This is brilliant you serious have no idea at all do you sadly. Get with the game clubs play players so who actually cares they wouldn’t be the first and won’t be the last. If they don’t pay them someone else will. As to $20,000 (pretty sure that’s not even close) that’s small considering most clubs I played with or against down south paid players anywhere from $50-70 a win. You think there the only team doing it ? I play there I play seniors and I get nothing which I couldn’t care less

How good are The Roosters? A huge win yesterday, we are certainly in for a big year. Ipswich and jindalee will be the new whipping boys

It was 4pts and Wynnum, hardly a huge win. I guess when you don't win often its a huge deal. Sounds like everyone better watch out for the roosters!

Last edited:
Just hearing rumours mate that the coach has lost the playing group. Treats the players terribly and is clear he has no respect within the league. Perhaps the Eagles need to cut the coach before his cancerous attitude cripples the club for good
I’m a new player at the Eagles and you are so far from the truth, he has bent over backwards to make myself and all the new players (seniors and ressies) and our families feel welcome. The relationships that I see he has with existing players at the club from last season and beyond (these guys are actually a great bunch) is nothing but excellent(a big reason why I signed) As for having no respect within the league that is a big call I know a number of successful coaches and quite a few players in this league hold him in high regard I suggest it maybe the clubs that are close by that may have their noses out of joint because Ipswich Eagles are out growing them right from Auskick right through, if they worked as hard as this guy and the people he works with at the Eagles they too could be successful and befor you say it Success can be measured in a number of ways.

I just got a private reply to my message about Ipswich. All this person wanted to tell me about was the new players they have signed. Obviously player retention is not a priority in Ipswich - more concerned with their new recruits then the loyal incumbents. No wonder the club seems to be having a mass exodus.

I’m thinking Moorooka will be big improvers but Gympie with travel factor could be a genuine threat this season. Don’t be surprised to see the flag go north. Could be a wide open season this year!
Yep hearing the same thing here on the Northside. I believe they will struggle to get 2 competitive teams each week and due to losing so many players When the "old Boys" start to get those niggling injuries during the season they may have to source players from other clubs.

I’m a new player at the Eagles and you are so far from the truth, he has bent over backwards to make myself and all the new players (seniors and ressies) and our families feel welcome. The relationships that I see he has with existing players at the club from last season and beyond (these guys are actually a great bunch) is nothing but excellent(a big reason why I signed) As for having no respect within the league that is a big call I know a number of successful coaches and quite a few players in this league hold him in high regard I suggest it maybe the clubs that are close by that may have their noses out of joint because Ipswich Eagles are out growing them right from Auskick right through, if they worked as hard as this guy and the people he works with at the Eagles they too could be successful and befor you say it Success can be measured in a number of ways.
Has there been a more successful coach at the Eagles, particularly from where they were two years ago through to now. Not just the Eagles but in this Division? From a couple of wins the season prior to him taking the reigns to 2 X grand final appearances is an amazing effort. To think where the Eagles were round 8 in 2017 on the ladder and still make the big dance,not with recruits but who he had developed!! Wow, has it been done before? Shows he has the players onboard without question!!!
Quality guy, very determined fella, I really hope he succeeds because his efforts deserve it.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure footy clubs don’t let the coach control the financial side of things
Has there been a more successful coach at the Eagles, particularly from where they were two years ago through to now. Not just the Eagles but in this Division? From a couple of wins the season prior to him taking the reigns to 2 X grand final appearances is an amazing effort. To think where the Eagles were round 8 in 2017 on the ladder and still make the big dance,not with recruits but who he had developed!! Wow, has it been done before? Shows he has the players onboard without question!!!
Quality guy, very determined fella, I really hope he succeeds because his efforts deserve it.
a good coach uses the words “our” not “my” and “we” not “I”.
I’ve heard his training sessions are full of warm up drills that are never implemented in to games.
Also from what I’ve heard, he doesn’t coach the Eagle. The Captain does, because he’s too scared to overrule him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve heard his training sessions are full of warm up drills that are never implemented in to games.
Also from what I’ve heard, he doesn’t coach the Eagle. The Captain does, because he’s too scared to overrule him.
You’ve heard? What if your ears are painted on or worse the speaker has an agenda and provides a slanted view.Piss poor, you’ve heard.

Ipswich will be a good side yet again this year. The coach is one track minded and will stop at nothing to win a senior flag. Even if it means ruining their club and sending it bankrupt in the process.

Please explain one track minded ? Just for your information since Kym has been Senior coach and Clint become President both the team and club have gone from stride to stride both successfully and financially. The junior numbers have increased each season and the women’s team has taken off. The coach has been there since day one through thick and thin not to mention he’s the games record holder. That club is his life he bleeds Blue and Gold, I’ve never seen an individual work so hard for his club so be very careful using the words ruin because that’s never going to happen mate

This is really amusing definitely some sour grapes on here from former players, but yes you are definitely right we do warm up drills about 4 in total they vary each session.Then we spend the middle session working on different strategies/scenarios then the last part match sense, as a former QAFL player and there are are number of us there that have played that level I can guarantee you that if training was like your describing it we would be going back to our old QAFL clubs.
The good thing about Mansell is that he lets the squad take a lot of ownership and he asks a lot of questions,puts it back right onto the playing group to get them thinking instead of them being told what’s wrong and what’s right(really good for younger players to learn and think about what they are doing)somthing I know a lot of higher div coaches do as well and do it constantly. The line coaches are great and have a fair bit of input into what we do as all line coaches do.
Great systems great coaches and a great club so maybe just talk footy instead of bagging individuals as long as Mansell is there I will be there as a player and supporting a great coach with great people around him

Last edited:
Amazing the replies about Ipswich are all measuring the coaches success by 2 grand final losses. A local clubs success can be measured by the relations it builds within a community. The Eagles seemed to have forced 20+ blokes out of the club in 2 years. All of them sound like they are locals or localish. He seems to treat his “prized recruits” form Labrador and the Gold Coast like royalty but ignores the young local talent.

To the bloke who said he signed there this year - I wonder if you’ll still be saying the same thing about the club in 12-24 months. Seems players at Ipswich have a very quick used by date on them. Not being rude - just genuinely hope you don’t get the ass in a years time when he realises he wants someone else. Every year I see Ipswich play they seem to have a very different 22

This year will be my second year at the club and honestly I enjoy it, great bunch of blokes and everyone there is keen to win and develop as a club.

The players that have left are just like every other club, they’re a group of mates who have followed eachother, some senior players but mostly ressies players but regardless all are good blokes.
Some of them moved because of mates and some of them moved because of differences or new players coming in that play the same position.

At the end of the day if 10 players go well you go and find 15 to replace them and that’s what Kym/Fatty/myself and a bunch of the players have done.

Think it’s a bit rich to have a crack at someone who is trying to build a competitive senior side each year and think that because players move onto other clubs that they’re unwanted or anything of the sort and honestly look at your own clubs and name a year where you have kept the same side from previous years that aren’t involved in QAFL or higher grades where player contracts are common.

We know what players we have available to us this year and a lot of them havnt been rolled out yet in any scratch matches due to various reason where the players weren’t available but regardless we feel we have a very good spread of senior quality players and we look forward to the year starting.

Anyone having a last practice match this weekend?

We’ve got our last one before Round 1 on Saturday. Just playing the one game against Ferny Grove to get some game time into some guys that haven’t had the chance so far this preseason.

Looking forward to Round 1. Best time of the year! Footy is back!

This is really amusing definitely some sour grapes on here from former players, but yes you are definitely right we do warm up drills about 4 in total they vary each session.Then we spend the middle session working on different strategies/scenarios then the last part match sense, as a former QAFL player and there are are number of us there that have played that level I can guarantee you that if training was like your describing it we would be going back to our old QAFL clubs.
The good thing about Mansell is that he lets the squad take a lot of ownership and he asks a lot of questions,puts it back right onto the playing group to get them thinking instead of them being told what’s wrong and what’s right(really good for younger players to learn and think about what they are doing)somthing I know a lot of higher div coaches do as well and do it constantly. The line coaches are great and have a fair bit of input into what we do as all line coaches do.
Great systems great coaches and a great club so maybe just talk footy instead of bagging individuals as long as Mansell is there I will be there as a player and supporting a great coach with great people around him
Oh is Mansell the coach. I’ve been to watch quite a few game over the last couple of years and was under the impression that Chris Devlin was the coach. He seems to be the one making all the calls. It looked as though Kym just ran the bench rotations.

This year will be my second year at the club and honestly I enjoy it, great bunch of blokes and everyone there is keen to win and develop as a club.

The players that have left are just like every other club, they’re a group of mates who have followed eachother, some senior players but mostly ressies players but regardless all are good blokes.
Some of them moved because of mates and some of them moved because of differences or new players coming in that play the same position.

At the end of the day if 10 players go well you go and find 15 to replace them and that’s what Kym/Fatty/myself and a bunch of the players have done.

Think it’s a bit rich to have a crack at someone who is trying to build a competitive senior side each year and think that because players move onto other clubs that they’re unwanted or anything of the sort and honestly look at your own clubs and name a year where you have kept the same side from previous years that aren’t involved in QAFL or higher grades where player contracts are common.

We know what players we have available to us this year and a lot of them havnt been rolled out yet in any scratch matches due to various reason where the players weren’t available but regardless we feel we have a very good spread of senior quality players and we look forward to the year starting.
I’ve spoken to a guy that knows a couple of blokes from the roosters and he’s said that they’ve signed last years captain and vice captain of Ipswich and they’ve taken a few of their mates with them. Wouldn’t have thought those 2 blokes were reserves players.

I’ve spoken to a guy that knows a couple of blokes from the roosters and he’s said that they’ve signed last years captain and vice captain of Ipswich and they’ve taken a few of their mates with them. Wouldn’t have thought those 2 blokes were reserves players.
Do players actually sign in this division? Why dafuq would there be contracts at this level !

Wish them all the best at the Roosters it’s sad to see them leave to club especially the Captain who was a great guy. As for the VC there was know doubting his football ability and was another champion guy but when your a VC at a footy club you need to be committed 100% to the club and team and set the example on and off the field , sadly we never seen him on the training track enough so his heart was never in it. I am sure a new club and playing group will bring the best out of him again. As for the others who left they sadly ran the club down with the walls which was disappointing but wish them all the best there as well. Let’s all move on and have a good 2019

Yeah Ads and Jaike have moved to the roosters along with JR and Jacko who are all senior players IMO and good players, the rest were ressies players or injured.

I did mention some were senior players but in saying that with recruits we had coming in before they left a few of those spots were going to be challenged for and that’s not just those guys it’s also the case for other players still at the club who are working their ass off to hold their spots which is healthy for the club.

Last year we didn’t win the GF and we identified some holes in our bottom 6-8 on the senior list and as all good clubs do we looked to bring people in that have the experience or ability to bridge those gaps.

I’m excited for this year, the playing group is very even and the experienced players we have be able to get to the club are already helping bridge that gap from last year.

Where we finish who knows but I can guarantee our guys are going to have a red hot crack every game.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back