QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

I know why it's called the QAFL. I was referring to smy's comment about HQ really wanting "a standalone state league". It's not a state league. The Intrust Super Cup is a state league. The QAFL is a SEQ competition. Which, by the way, Noosa and Maroochydore would be more than competitive in, but prefer to stay in Div 1 with other Sunny Coast clubs. Which just goes to prove Vic lad's point about local rivalries.

Think we can all agree Noosa and Maroochydore could probably take on clubs like Sandgate, Labrador and Wilston Grange. Think maybe if AFLQ wanted to bring in a Sunshine Coast team into the QAFL, they would have to take both clubs. Unfortunately Caloundra is the left one out there but i guess they arnt too far away from some of the Northern Brisbane clubs (40 min south for them). One of the guys in the Div 1 forum said they struggles for numbers in their ressies squad to get down to the Burleigh game

Think we can all agree Noosa and Maroochydore could probably take on clubs like Sandgate, Labrador and Wilston Grange. Think maybe if AFLQ wanted to bring in a Sunshine Coast team into the QAFL, they would have to take both clubs. Unfortunately Caloundra is the left one out there but i guess they arnt too far away from some of the Northern Brisbane clubs (40 min south for them). One of the guys in the Div 1 forum said they struggles for numbers in their ressies squad to get down to the Burleigh game
If Caloundra had collapsed their colts like Noosa did then it wouldn't be as much of an issue - in terms of pure registrations not too bad but bc we are running 3 teams it makes it tough.

I disagree that Noosa and the Roos would be competitive in QAFL.

They would be competitive with Sandgate, who are ocasionally competitive in QAFL when they get good NEAFL inclusions and have no injuries.

they would get flogged by the mid tier sides like Morningside and the Magpies as examples.

They would be competitive with Sandgate, who are ocasionally competitive in QAFL when they get good NEAFL inclusions and have no injuries.

they would get flogged by the mid tier sides like Morningside and the Magpies as examples.

Yeah I think that the QAFL teams are a tad under sold and definitely this year the Div 1 comp is not as strong as it has been including the top sides. Springwood probably have the best list imo in any case.

Wouldn’t say they’d get flogged. There’s probably a 5 to 10 goal gap though.

Yeah I think that the QAFL teams are a tad under sold and definitely this year the Div 1 comp is not as strong as it has been including the top sides. Springwood probably have the best list imo in any case.
Pretty handy full forward line this week, Friis, Bain, Hooper. Rhan loves the indigenous day too. Good luck!!

Seems like Noosa and the Roos have dropped off a bit this year. Last years' Noosa team with Templeton would have definitely been thereabouts with the bottom half of the QAFL.

Agree not this year though.

Seems like Noosa and the Roos have dropped off a bit this year. Last years' Noosa team with Templeton would have definitely been thereabouts with the bottom half of the QAFL.

Agree not this year though.
Comfortably beat Broadbeach in a praccy match 2 months ago and I know praccy matches are just that but their footy director Craig O’Brien reckons we would handle ourselves no worries.Once again really happy both on and off field at present and haven’t won the comp we are in yet.

Gympie, Hinterland and Jindalee all showing some growth this round. This is good!
Kedron vs Hinterland game on Saturday was a ripper.
Hinterland conceded 4 x 50m penalties for running through the protected zone (everyone knows the rule, how does it still happen?) with 2 or 3 resulting in Kedron goals.
Last qrt was brilliant with both teams giving there all to win, couldve gone either way.
Very good game to watch even though the team i follow came second.
Not into bagging the umps, however, several decisions had everyone scratching their heads (players included) throughout the game, luckily this didnt impact the last qtr.
i cant be too critical as i wouldnt put my hand up to be an umpire.... good on you umps, without you guys the boys wouldnt be playing every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kedron vs Hinterland game on Saturday was a ripper.
Hinterland conceded 4 x 50m penalties for running through the protected zone (everyone knows the rule, how does it still happen?) with 2 or 3 resulting in Kedron goals.
Last qrt was brilliant with both teams giving there all to win, couldve gone either way.
Very good game to watch even though the team i follow came second.
Not into bagging the umps, however, several decisions had everyone scratching their heads (players included) throughout the game, luckily this didnt impact the last qtr.
i cant be too critical as i wouldnt put my hand up to be an umpire.... good on you umps, without you guys the boys wouldnt be playing every week.

Rather suprised to see Hinterland lose close at home. Usually they’re one of the harder teams to stop coming at you if they get close late. Their crowd is rather hostile and loud when the game gets intense. Would have been a cracker. I didn’t get to any games this weekend sadly. That would have been a good one to watch.

Any truth to the speculation that Nathan Spring and Matt Allman are making a return to the blues next season?

Looking forward to my first div 3 game as a spectator on Saturday. My son is boundary for Kedron vs Ipswich seniors....as a Aspley man it pains me to support Kedron. By looking at the ladder and both teams at 7-1 it should be a good contest shouldn’t it?

Looking forward to my first div 3 game as a spectator on Saturday. My son is boundary for Kedron vs Ipswich seniors....as a Aspley man it pains me to support Kedron. By looking at the ladder and both teams at 7-1 it should be a good contest shouldn’t it?
Kedron will start favourites plenty of big names in their side who can play good footy

Last edited:
Kedron will start favourites plenty of big names in their side who can play good footy
They might start front runners in this game.
However I disagree with the statement big names.
I'm sorry but this is div 3 footy and the only big names in this comp are people with more than 8 letters in their surname.
Some good players but not too many are going to compete week in week out in div 1 or qafl.
The top four sorted just the order to be decided.
Fifth spot is the one with a bit of spice.
I'm tipping moorooka.
A team that truly is improving each week.

Rather suprised to see Hinterland lose close at home. Usually they’re one of the harder teams to stop coming at you if they get close late. Their crowd is rather hostile and loud when the game gets intense. Would have been a cracker. I didn’t get to any games this weekend sadly. That would have been a good one to watch.

Any truth to the speculation that Nathan Spring and Matt Allman are making a return to the blues next season?
I dont know who is coming or going, would be handy to see the return of those guys (Nathan Spring being a past senior Capt), i wont hold my breath.

Sth Qld vs Nth Qld squads picked last week, players from div 1 to div 4 selected with a few from Darling downs league, a few from Byron bay ect in the Sth Qld squad just wondering what’s everyone’s thoughts on the selection process?

Sth Qld vs Nth Qld squads picked last week, players from div 1 to div 4 selected with a few from Darling downs league, a few from Byron bay ect in the Sth Qld squad just wondering what’s everyone’s thoughts on the selection process?

Not a fan of the selection process honestly. They should be out looking at the talent to represent, it feels like they just recycle the same players and look at the same clubs every year. Pretty obviously a phone call selection process.

Mate I’ve been a little confused about this for 2 years now we all have at least 1 or 2 players from our clubs that should be in the initial squad at least. I made the the phone call to AFLQ and the response I got was - when a player registers he has an option to tick a box wether he wants stuff sent to him through out the year from AFLQ if you tick yes when it’s time they will apparently send every player on their database a email asking them if the are interested if you respond with a yes then the current coach and his assistant s will make some phone calls to your current club and see how you have been traveling then they put the squad together then they go watch particular matches then pick who they think are good enough.

people watch Div 3 games. There has to be 2 WB and 2 DD players in the final 22 by the rules of the comp. Obviously not comparing apples with apples when you watch a div 3 match vs a div 1 game either. If you think 1-2 players from each club make a squad FE then we would be looking at a squad of approximately 70 players and that's not including the multiples from the better clubs in div 1...

Not a fan of the selection process honestly. They should be out looking at the talent to represent, it feels like they just recycle the same players and look at the same clubs every year. Pretty obviously a phone call selection process.

SQ have won the last 3 games so there must be something in their selection process?

SQ have won the last 3 games so there must be something in their selection process?
Agreed. Selected players must potentially be capable of playing in any div 1 side, regardless of what div you play, not just a good player in your team. Don't think they've missed too many in lower divs capable of regularly playing top div footy weekly.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back