QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice new addition to the pirates this week, a former league goal kicking winner! Should go well!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nice addition? Only time or maybe money or petrol money will tell, lol. The blokes played at more clubs than Adrian Fletcher. Good on em for attracting players but the key is to retain them. You won't obtain long term success if you have a massive turnover of players each year. Hard when you play at a high school and operate out of a humpy though to be honest.

Like to know why the person who was a big part of the setup of the pirates is now playing friday nights? In my opinion could still get kick in the pirates ones and if not would still get a ton of possies in the magoos as well as helping the young fellas. Hope he wasnt pushed out and made that decision on his own to leave.

Last edited:
Like to know why the person who was a big part of the setup of the pirates is now playing friday nights? In my opinion could still get kick in the pirates ones and if not would still get a ton of possies in the magoos as well as helping the young fellas. Hope he wasnt pushed out and made that decision on his own to leave.

Hasn't this already been talked about??
And I'm pretty sure the guy your talking about answered it himself

E="Doddsy75, post: 50077307, member: 171117"]putting in the hard work in a pre-season and earning a spot plays no role in selection down at Park Ridge?
Everyone who has put in the hardyards has been given an opportunity in preseason and early rounds. ..
Think most clubs who get a quality player want to play for them would put him straught in...
unkess you are aspley who have a big list to choose from...
ive been to every training session since pre season and I don't think anyone wiuld say they haven't been given a go...[/QUOTE]
Surely the "aspley have a big list" excuse is getting a bit long in the tooth.......

Went down to Kedron vs Aspley today. Surface much improved since last year and what can I say about the canteen? Great selection, chicken tenders, rolls, burgers & chips and cold drinks from the bar. 9/10 I reckon. Great to see all the ladies being looked after with platters and bubbles. Now onto the game.

Ive been told that Kedron have lost a fair few players from last year and Aspley looked a bit different from when I saw them in Round 1, hopeful for a good game.

Unfortunately this hope was dashed in the first quarter. Aspley were wasteful and it could have been 8 goals to nil in the first.
Aspley had class all over the field and just fell short of a 100 point win. Kedron did try hard but just didn't have the cattle to put up a fight. Some calls from the men in green left heads scratching from both sides but had no real impact on the game.

Will head up to Moreton next week to watch them again, hopefully a much tighter contest.

Went down to Kedron vs Aspley today. Surface much improved since last year and what can I say about the canteen? Great selection, chicken tenders, rolls, burgers & chips and cold drinks from the bar. 9/10 I reckon. Great to see all the ladies being looked after with platters and bubbles. Now onto the game.

Ive been told that Kedron have lost a fair few players from last year and Aspley looked a bit different from when I saw them in Round 1, hopeful for a good game.

Unfortunately this hope was dashed in the first quarter. Aspley were wasteful and it could have been 8 goals to nil in the first.
Aspley had class all over the field and just fell short of a 100 point win. Kedron did try hard but just didn't have the cattle to put up a fight. Some calls from the men in green left heads scratching from both sides but had no real impact on the game.

Will head up to Moreton next week to watch them again, hopefully a much tighter contest.
The chicken tenders are delightful

Hope all the boys promised AFL contacts from Park Ridge are asking Blocker not to get the recruiters out just yet, as I reckon there is a big black line going through a few names. (assuming any recruiters even know their names of course!)

Hope all the boys promised AFL contacts from Park Ridge are asking Blocker not to get the recruiters out just yet, as I reckon there is a big black line going through a few names. (assuming any recruiters even know their names of course!)

Geez that's a very harsh comment, usually don't mind your comments QAFL Fan but not this one. I don't think that is a necessary comment at all, especially against a club who I think is doing a lot of very good things on and off the field. And no I have no connection to the Pirates, have not even seen a game of theirs. At the very least hopefully you have been to some games and have a bit of knowledge about them rather than just sprouting this stuff just because they have lost a couple of games.

Again being Neville Negative QAFL Fan. So please enlighten me as to what players at our club are you talking about. Again no idea of what you talking about.

But stayed tuned as if it does change you will be first I will let know. Again you just love pot shotting our club.

Still trying to make a name yourself as a wantabe recruiter? You have had plenty of success in all those years you been doing it, Saints must love you?

Next post you will be named.

Are Robina at the same level? Had some close games against some teams tipped to win the spoon

Results would probably say that Aspley way ahead but I think Robina have lot of upside as relatively new group together.

Think the top 4 will be Aspley, Robina, Moreton and Kenmore. At this stage Coomera tracking nicely for 5th spot but bit short of other sides I would think.

Still think Aspley's to lose based on what I have seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Results would probably say that Aspley way ahead but I think Robina have lot of upside as relatively new group together.

Think the top 4 will be Aspley, Robina, Moreton and Kenmore. At this stage Coomera tracking nicely for 5th spot but bit short of other sides I would think.

Still think Aspley's to lose based on what I have seen.
Agree Blocker, Robina have had massive changes to playing list and coaching staff. Yet to gel, plenty upside to come

come on Morro you know the 04/05 and 10 senior premiership flags are fake. Not even 1 Robina Junior in any of those teams.......;)

seems the cattle is there but things havent clicked as well as they would have hoped so far. Plummer will be a massive loss for the bears - to state the obvious. What sort of nick is Corrie in? he could single handedly win games if he holds up for the year. Still only 3 games in - long way to go before June 30 and then September!

Does anyone know what happens to the Aspley players who dont make the NEAFL team? my understanding for the coast teams was that there was a draft for guys to then go to Div 1 teams (southport to pbc etc) but do Aspley have the same situation or will guys coming back from injury or missing out on NEAFL rip div 2 apart?

come on Morro you know the 04/05 and 10 senior premiership flags are fake. Not even 1 Robina Junior in any of those teams.......;)

seems the cattle is there but things havent clicked as well as they would have hoped so far. Plummer will be a massive loss for the bears - to state the obvious. What sort of nick is Corrie in? he could single handedly win games if he holds up for the year. Still only 3 games in - long way to go before June 30 and then September!

Does anyone know what happens to the Aspley players who dont make the NEAFL team? my understanding for the coast teams was that there was a draft for guys to then go to Div 1 teams (southport to pbc etc) but do Aspley have the same situation or will guys coming back from injury or missing out on NEAFL rip div 2 apart?
If it's the same as years previous they go to qafl clubs.
With the new promotion system in place aspley now have a clear path to move up divisions.
I know they wanted higher division seniors for years.
You can bet your house that's exactly what they will do.
They have the money and facilities to achieve this.
The only way they won't move up is not winning a GF.
Aspley like to keep things in house so in time I believe they will have a qafl side as well.
The aflq opened the door and rest assured aspley won't let it shut on them.
Just my opinion and well and truly open for debate.
Any experts out there with different opinions.

If it's the same as years previous they go to qafl clubs.
With the new promotion system in place aspley now have a clear path to move up divisions.
I know they wanted higher division seniors for years.
You can bet your house that's exactly what they will do.
They have the money and facilities to achieve this.
The only way they won't move up is not winning a GF.
Aspley like to keep things in house so in time I believe they will have a qafl side as well.
The aflq opened the door and rest assured aspley won't let it shut on them.
Just my opinion and well and truly open for debate.
Any experts out there with different opinions.

interesting opinion outandabout. Surely the carrot to bridge the gap from NEAFL to QFA North with a top local league team has existed over the last 3 years given the draft situation, yet their seniors only managed 3 wins in 2014, 3 in 2015 and 5 in 2016 - basically they beat up on cab, nambour and moreton bay.

The money and the facilities is a fair point but that's been the case for the years mentioned. Based on the above it kind of seems to me that Aspley did let the door shut - why do you think it will be any different this time around?

interesting opinion outandabout. Surely the carrot to bridge the gap from NEAFL to QFA North with a top local league team has existed over the last 3 years given the draft situation, yet their seniors only managed 3 wins in 2014, 3 in 2015 and 5 in 2016 - basically they beat up on cab, nambour and moreton bay.

The money and the facilities is a fair point but that's been the case for the years mentioned. Based on the above it kind of seems to me that Aspley did let the door shut - why do you think it will be any different this time around?
I believe in years past clubs had to apply to move divisions and aflq had to approve it.
So if you keep getting knocked back you wouldn't throw top dollar into it.
The goalposts have moved and winning now gives you a direct passage up.
A club like aspley put a lot into winning this includes juniors and we'll.
They offer division one at nearly every level.
I reckon the powers in charge out there are over the moon with the new system in place.
Given all that i believe they have one goal this year.
Next year should they move up it will be the highest paid team in division one.
The next step is to win a couple of GF in that division and pressure aflq for a qafl team.
It won't happen overnight but I'm confident it's the plan.
I'm certainly not an aspley person but if I was it's exactly what I would be doing.
As stated this is just my opinion on the situation.
Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at aspley.
They certainly have the right to do this.

Just a bit more for you about aspley.
I'm told that they picked up a lot of zillmeres women's side this year.
It might have something to do with offering free rego and other incentives.
They then applied too move up to the top level. They were knocked back and I'm told it had a lot to do with the zillmere situation.
Look at the results of both teams and it speaks volumes.
So aspley will do what ever it takes to get teams to the highest level.
Not sure about the promotion and relegation system in women's.
But if it's the same as senior men's I'm sure you get the picture.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back