QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard it from Robina 2s player after our game, so apparently is all I can say as I wasn't there. Can you enlighten us Mudsticks?
I wasn't there either, was just impressed by the use of the word "apparently" but now it's on big footy it must be true. I asked a mate who plays in the seniors and he apparently knew nothink. Don't know if the committee would tolerate it if did happen, Robina seem like a well run club who fly under the radar in regards to dramas.

Last edited:

Heard it from Robina 2s player after our game, so apparently is all I can say as I wasn't there. Can you enlighten us Mudsticks?
Are you talking about the game when Coomera stacked their twos looking for an upset to sneak into finals. Didn't work out too well did it. Coomera seniors played with only 20 and got smashed in both grades. Coach Was ropable

Are you talking about the game when Coomera stacked their twos looking for an upset to sneak into finals. Didn't work out too well did it. Coomera seniors played with only 20 and got smashed in both grades. Coach Was ropable
Wouldn't call 2 senior players stacking and seniors had 22, your apparentlies are worse than mine hahaha
Teams stacking the twos for finals when the seniors are eliminated happens every year.
Seniors had already made finals ressies needed a win to play finals

Our club advertise every year Commish for seniors down to all youth teams. As we have been only going 4 years in seniors we haven't really had the success to guarantee or lock in a coach due to that fact.

Totally understand that may have effect on stability but if you get your club culture right it should be reason why players stay and not move just because a coach moves on.
In saying that the incumbent coach has box seat but you would kick yourself as a club for not at least checking market. Never know who or what is out there and what they can bring to table.

Keeping your coach at this level can cause your club to either stall in recruitment or need a big cheque book to attract new players as well.

Don't think there is a right or wrong I suppose it depends at the end of the day on performance and how your club rates your current coach.

Not Me Boo? What is it stalled recruitment or needing a bigger cheque book?

A bloke from Ipswich got 20 years for kicking someone on the weekend
Just watched the video of it! Boy was it disgusting and a ****ing low act! The reddy bloke could easily push for criminal charges and he'd go to gaol it's that bad!!

very ordinary. good to see the opposition players checking on the player kicked.
link has been taken down by the looks of it
When the incident happens you see another Ippy player yell at the grub with disgust.
I guess if he is being charged the footage isn't meant to be public until after the hearing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blocker that's a pretty rash comment. Senior team had 4 blokes different from the round 11 team that beat Kenmore. I think it's widely regarded that the list didn't play as well as they should have judging from the collective skill on paper. Won't be the first time a team underperformers or the last.

With regards to the reserves there is a nucleus of a dozen players that were involved in 13/14/15 grand finals. Perhaps they just got the better of a previously unbeaten Aspley team when the pressure was on having known what finals football is about.
Go through the team lists and I challenge you to tell me anyone the club dropped who were senior players that played reserves as if it was the clubs sole focus.

I mean it's a great story to pedal on a forum - but let's not let the truth get in the way shall we?

blocker that's a pretty rash comment. Senior team had 4 blokes different from the round 11 team that beat Kenmore. I think it's widely regarded that the list didn't play as well as they should have judging from the collective skill on paper. Won't be the first time a team underperformers or the last.

With regards to the reserves there is a nucleus of a dozen players that were involved in 13/14/15 grand finals. Perhaps they just got the better of a previously unbeaten Aspley team when the pressure was on having known what finals football is about.
Go through the team lists and I challenge you to tell me anyone the club dropped who were senior players that played reserves as if it was the clubs sole focus.

I mean it's a great story to pedal on a forum - but let's not let the truth get in the way shall we?
Couldn't agree more boc, for a president of a club that is yet to achieve anything significant, to be casting aspersions on a club with a proven record of success, is just plainly stupid and disrespectful and says alot more about his club than it does about yours. Maybe you should invite him down to Robina for a day and show him how a successful club operates and behaves.

Couldn't agree more boc, for a president of a club that is yet to achieve anything significant, to be casting aspersions on a club with a proven record of success, is just plainly stupid and disrespectful and says alot more about his club than it does about yours. Maybe you should invite him down to Robina for a day and show him how a successful club operates and behaves.

Twinkle Toes wasn't being disrespectful at all. Actually spoke to a player who said there was issues between senior and ressies playing groups.

He stated that the seniors only had 24 players to pick from for last 3-4 rounds due to players committing to ressies only.

So if my statement on the focus being on ressies footy is wrong I stand corrected, but it was from a senior player.

Always found you to speak sense on this forum BOC and wasn't saying it based on any disrespect to Robina at all mate.

I think I outlined my intel in previous post and was more said as throw a at line.

Good luck in a few weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back