QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So very interesting Pirates have a new coach well done Bomber .
The pirates went in a different direction and didnt reappoint Tim .I have heard he has a new gig two grades up from coaching the Pirates now thats interesting .One coach comes down and one coach goes up .Well done Tim
Ps Yes JR has signed with the Buffs for 2018 welcome JR .Rumours have started at $400 a week lets see how high we can get it and i can assure you its no where near the start total .

The pirates went in a different direction and didnt reappoint Tim .I have heard he has a new gig two grades up from coaching the Pirates now thats interesting .One coach comes down and one coach goes up .Well done Tim
Ps Yes JR has signed with the Buffs for 2018 welcome JR .Rumours have started at $400 a week lets see how high we can get it and i can assure you its no where near the start total .
Paying overs by paying anything, the Buffs don’t have a great track record with contracted players. Commish who has been your best valued money recruit in last 5 years?

Who’s JR?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Paying overs by paying anything, the Buffs don’t have a great track record with contracted players. Commish who has been your best valued money recruit in last 5 years?
We have only paid 2 to 3 players each year for the last 3 years that i know of . Not sure if that is paying overs .We have come from nearly gone to now a good young list going forward .So in the end so far it has worked for us .

We have only paid 2 to 3 players each year for the last 3 years that i know of . Not sure if that is paying overs .We have come from nearly gone to now a good young list going forward .So in the end so far it has worked for us .
At least you guys are honest about paying,lots of clubs tell everyone they are not but we all know they are.

I
Id say at least 300 cause i know he had offers from other clubs

There isnt a player on that list worth more than 100 a game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There isnt a player on that list worth more than 100 a game.
This is a great forum to have a laugh at footy .As if the Buffs would pay $300 a game .We did play some one way back in our grandfinal win in 2009 and he was more than worth it .I am disappointed that we started with $300 as i was told last week we were paying $400 for a player which is way off the mark .
Lets get real for a change .

This is a great forum to have a laugh at footy .As if the Buffs would pay $300 a game .We did play some one way back in our grandfinal win in 2009 and he was more than worth it .I am disappointed that we started with $300 as i was told last week we were paying $400 for a player which is way off the mark .
Lets get real for a change .
Word of mouth from the man himself was $250 and heard president happy to throw some cash at a few others in div 2 to get over. Im sure it aint true but.

Walked in off the street apparently asking for a game and maybe true, didn't the Roosters have money issues and needed help hence why its also now the umpires base

Didn’t walk in off the street, we had a few mates speak to him as he was leaving the buffs and he came down for a run and stayed. No money involved, as much as I’d love to spend some we have a long term outlook and will build from within and recruit guys wanting to fit into the plan.

We will miss what JR brings to the club with experience but we certainly wish him all the best and thank him for the year as he’s a ripping bloke and great player.

As for the Umps, they approached us due to a falling out with Cooparoo and we were happy to take them onboard.
With the new developments at the ground happening it benefits the club and AFLQ combined so hopefully a long term partnership with them is on the cards.

It's funny the blokes going back to start jimboomba again are all the same blokes who left and caused it to sink in the first place...
No one left and caused it to 'sink'. We were just struggling to replace players that had left and our lights weren't going to be ready for the season start. So rather thenstruggling every week to scratch up a team and have to play on a Saturday rather then a Friday in a Friday night comp again we decided to have a year out of this comp and all go together down to the pirates.
From day dot when we joined the pirates everyone was aware we would be rebuilding a team for jimboomba in the 2018 season. Since last month we now have a coach, plenty of numbers and our lights are approved all ready to go for 2018. So in the end, a few of the 'redback originals' are staying at park ridge and a few 'parkridge originals' are coming to jimboomba. Both clubs are up and running ready for the season ahead and that is exactly what was planned.

No one left and caused it to 'sink'. We were just struggling to replace players that had left and our lights weren't going to be ready for the season start. So rather thenstruggling every week to scratch up a team and have to play on a Saturday rather then a Friday in a Friday night comp again we decided to have a year out of this comp and all go together down to the pirates.
From day dot when we joined the pirates everyone was aware we would be rebuilding a team for jimboomba in the 2018 season. Since last month we now have a coach, plenty of numbers and our lights are approved all ready to go for 2018. So in the end, a few of the 'redback originals' are staying at park ridge and a few 'parkridge originals' are coming to jimboomba. Both clubs are up and running ready for the season ahead and that is exactly what was planned.

Was a bit tongue in cheek the comment mate, good to hear jimboomba are up and about and there are lights up and running. Good luck to the team

A bit quiet in here .I see the Pirates have picked up a couple of handy players to compliment the few that they may get from Sandgate . What are others up to .

A bit quiet in here .I see the Pirates have picked up a couple of handy players to compliment the few that they may get from Sandgate . What are others up to .

Care to name them??
Heard Beenleigh have picked up a few from Springwood any truth to this commish??

Care to name them??
Heard Beenleigh have picked up a few from Springwood any truth to this commish??
Nick Davidson back from melbourne (original beenleigh junior many years ago ) Matt Dillion Magpies and Palm Beach
Yes we have had a couple from Springwood have trained with us will need to see if they want to stay .The Buffs have a few coming from a couple of clubs lets see what happens early days yet .

The guys at Park Ridge are too focussed on getting blokes that have played a certain level of footy, instead of blokes that have good footy ahead of them.

Being from Kenmore, I watched a fair bit of the Magpies this year...hope the Pirates aren't paying big $ for Dillon, he is well past it.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back