QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait a minute, are Carrara and Coomera fighting it out for the spoon or are they just in front of yeronga wouldn't that mean Yeronga are locks for the spoon according to your post ?

Asking for a mate :-/

What I said Nicko? Coomera and Carrara to fight our spoon just ahead of Yeronga. So Yeronga third from last with your mob and Coomera bottom two.

Will be a long year for bottom half teams. I think 5 solid teams in top half. Not sure on Robina if they make it 6 solid teams. Have they picked up a few?

Well some interesting results today at the pool B tournament. Vic point looking very sharp - Jake Warren from Redland/Mayne running around for them. Kenmore had a solid supporting cast around De Winter and Corrie, looked lively. Yeronga belted by Kenmore and Kedron, won the first game but looked like Vic Points seconds.

Any other results?

Well some interesting results today at the pool B tournament. Vic point looking very sharp - Jake Warren from Redland/Mayne running around for them. Kenmore had a solid supporting cast around De Winter and Corrie, looked lively. Yeronga belted by Kenmore and Kedron, won the first game but looked like Vic Points seconds.

Any other results?

From down at Cooley,

bond looked slick - they look like a football team too. Beenleigh looked to play predominatly their reserves and 18s as did Coomera from what I could tell. Some good players getting around,

not sure this format really allows to tell too much - don't think many games where more than a couple of points apart - Bond clear winners from our group and deservedly so.

Wait a minute, are Carrara and Coomera fighting it out for the spoon or are they just in front of yeronga wouldn't that mean Yeronga are locks for the spoon according to your post ?

Asking for a mate :-/

Think definitely Coomera and Carrara to fight out spoon as appears Yeronga on their way to Friday Night Footy from what I hear.

AFLQ addressing playing group tonight at Yeronga but from all reports fair way short of 2 sides for Div 2.

Not good for Community Footy.

Think definitely Coomera and Carrara to fight out spoon as appears Yeronga on their way to Friday Night Footy from what I hear.

AFLQ addressing playing group tonight at Yeronga but from all reports fair way short of 2 sides for Div 2.

Not good for Community Footy.
All well and good to address the group.
But unless you get special treatment then they are going to do nothing to help.

Not sure where these ex AFL guys are playing but just curious would you be "Proud" to have Albert at your club? Anyone know if he has signed with division 5 Ipswich?

Attachments

• 51892061_2147798921942404_1154986765400932352_n.jpg
    51892061_2147798921942404_1154986765400932352_n.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 154
I said a couple of years back Friday nite footy would be the biggest growth area.
Sad it's because clubs are struggling.
But hey I reckon it will happen again.

Not quite right though buck. Negative growth at other levels is what is leading to growth in Friday nights.

It's a net negative result on playing numbers.

Also means no byes in our draw, ffs!

Since both Div 1 and Div 2 are down to 9 teams,
Does that mean the wooden spooners will be safe this year and will the QAFL allow the two grand finalists of the Div 3 comp to move up into Div 2 for next season?
Has the QAFL made any notion that they will change the system again for next season?
My personal opinion is the jump to Div 2 to Div 1 is just to big for the current clubs in Div 2.
Might be an idea to make Hart Sport Cup the second division to the QAFL and have their own promotion and relegation system and for Div 2 and Div 3 to carry on as normal but for Div 2 to be the cap.

Not quite right though buck. Negative growth at other levels is what is leading to growth in Friday nights.

It's a net negative result on playing numbers.

Also means no byes in our draw, ffs!
Agree with what you say.
My point is that friday nite footy will keep growing.
Either by clubs struggling for numbers and beaing forced or the big clubs having three teams.
Correct me but I think there are about 18 teams in Friday nite.
That's the biggest it's ever been.
I know it fluctuates year by year but it seems the number is going one direction.
Over the last few years it's been used as a get out option for clubs who have had no joy with negotiation with aflq.
We were extremely lucky to be able to get back to two teams inside twelve months.
Not sure if others will be so fortunate.
I use the word negotiation loosely as no one has had any flexabilty from aflq.
I find it hard to understand that clubs are ignored when in trouble and are forced into this situation.
Then a whole team can move clubs and get exactly what they want with no worries what so ever.
That to me thats just insane logic.
On a bright note mate your a year older and those hammys will surely get get you a week off here and there.
Good luck but if pirates have kept 70% of last years seniors then your right when you said everyone else is playing for second.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since both Div 1 and Div 2 are down to 9 teams,
Does that mean the wooden spooners will be safe this year and will the QAFL allow the two grand finalists of the Div 3 comp to move up into Div 2 for next season?
Has the QAFL made any notion that they will change the system again for next season?
My personal opinion is the jump to Div 2 to Div 1 is just to big for the current clubs in Div 2.
Might be an idea to make Hart Sport Cup the second division to the QAFL and have their own promotion and relegation system and for Div 2 and Div 3 to carry on as normal but for Div 2 to be the cap.

Yeah, that's what they are planning. Div 3 8 teams, Div 1 and 2 10 teams

"Might be an idea to make Hart Sport Cup the second division to the QAFL and have their own promotion and relegation system and for Div 2 and Div 3 to carry on as normal but for Div 2 to be the cap.
Which way you go with promotion/relegation system there are going to be problems."

please leave Div1 alone. it is working fine, we had Mayne dominate for a few years and now it is Marochy's turn. Swings and roundabouts, happens all the time in footy.

From a growth perspective it would be a positive for AFLQ to have a 10 team competition for QAFL. However From my understanding of the Criteria for a team to play in the QAFL is very restrictive for a Div 1 team. There would be a major drain on clubs finances/resources/personal, which only one or 2 Div 1 clubs could afford.
The Sunny coast teams are very strong at the moment and are setting the benchmark for all other participating teams in the competition and without them the standard would drop significantly.

To improve teams success with promotion/relegation the governing body could look at moving to a 2 year system where a club must play finals in both grades and win at least 1 senior grand final in that period. The most successful club over that period would then be promoted.

Yeah, that's what they are planning. Div 3 8 teams, Div 1 and 2 10 teams
There's no planning needed.
Aflq shouldn't be able to change the format.
Both divisions will have a bye untill this scenario happens again.
Any other decision flys in the face of everything they have said and done over the last couple of years.
One up one down.
I'm sure we can count on consistency from head office.

There's no planning needed.
Aflq shouldn't be able to change the format.
Both divisions will have a bye untill this scenario happens again.
Any other decision flys in the face of everything they have said and done over the last couple of years.
One up one down.
I'm sure we can count on consistency from head office.

Memo came out this week - both GF sides from Div 3 will be elevated this year

Memo came out this week - both GF sides from Div 3 will be elevated this year
So just making the rules up again when it suits them.
It's an absolute joke.
They wonder why no one has any faith in the the leadership.
Looks like clubs don't have any flexibility but head office can bend like an Olympic gymnastics gold medalist.

Hang on a,second outabout, weren't u advocating pirates staying in div 2?? Talk about making rules on the fly!
Where I sit the decisions made by aflq have been very fair and yep, have affected some comps but I'd love to know your,solution to the issue created not by headquarters.

The only issue I can see is affiliation fees, outside of that I think u will find that it is a pretty well run competition.

Hang on a,second outabout, weren't u advocating pirates staying in div 2?? Talk about making rules on the fly!
Where I sit the decisions made by aflq have been very fair and yep, have affected some comps but I'd love to know your,solution to the issue created not by headquarters.

The only issue I can see is affiliation fees, outside of that I think u will find that it is a pretty well run competition.
What i belive is that some common sence and listening to clubs about their individual situation in a time of need.
This doesn't happen and the rules are enforced.
Then head office just changes the rules they just enforced on clubs.
I might add very quickly as well.
Any clubs spoken to about sending two up or just a new rule.
Will it be the same the year after or we changing again.
What i would like to see is aflq sticking to the rules not changing them because of a bye.
Honestly mate it's not on.
It's sends a very clear message that clubs don't matter.
But hey you obviously see nothing wrong with this attitude.

I actually see nothing wrong with sticking to the rules e.g. PR situation and now Yeronga.
Obviously it means uneven comps in 1019' not what was envisaged when comps were put together at beginning of 2018. Now, because of the situation clubs have created, aflq have to manipulate rules for season 2020 to get bk to status quo. No big issue. I honestly have no idea what u think would be reasonable? 11 in div 2, 9 in div 1?

I actually see nothing wrong with sticking to the rules e.g. PR situation and now Yeronga.
Obviously it means uneven comps in 1019' not what was envisaged when comps were put together at beginning of 2018. Now, because of the situation clubs have created, aflq have to manipulate rules for season 2020 to get bk to status quo. No big issue. I honestly have no idea what u think would be reasonable? 11 in div 2, 9 in div 1?
If your not going to listen and help clubs then I don't have a problem with sticking to the rules.
But it has to work both ways.
That's the right thing to do.
If that means a bye so be it.
What if the team who loses the gf doesn't want to go up.
What if they feel they need another to develop.
Clubs agreed to the one up one down rule.
My point is very simple you carnt have it both ways.
But as I said it doesn't matter what clubs think they will do what they want when they want.
Proven to be the case time and time again.
What part of that do you have a problem with.

"Might be an idea to make Hart Sport Cup the second division to the QAFL and have their own promotion and relegation system and for Div 2 and Div 3 to carry on as normal but for Div 2 to be the cap.
Which way you go with promotion/relegation system there are going to be problems."

please leave Div1 alone. it is working fine, we had Mayne dominate for a few years and now it is Marochy's turn. Swings and roundabouts, happens all the time in footy.

From a growth perspective it would be a positive for AFLQ to have a 10 team competition for QAFL. However From my understanding of the Criteria for a team to play in the QAFL is very restrictive for a Div 1 team. There would be a major drain on clubs finances/resources/personal, which only one or 2 Div 1 clubs could afford.
The Sunny coast teams are very strong at the moment and are setting the benchmark for all other participating teams in the competition and without them the standard would drop significantly.

To improve teams success with promotion/relegation the governing body could look at moving to a 2 year system where a club must play finals in both grades and win at least 1 senior grand final in that period. The most successful club over that period would then be promoted.

Sunny coast team strong
There ok
But none in QAFL OR NEAFL
I think they like the easier comps

Sunny coast team strong
There ok
But none in QAFL OR NEAFL
I think they like the easier comps
We like any competition that’s what we are here for to compete and hopefully contend.right now the div 1 comp suits us just fine.we loved the pineapple hotel cup also which we won twice and had terrific rivalries with palmy and the western magpies.Grange Sandgate and surfers also in that comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back