QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a chance. Think Timmy has coached the best he ever has the last 4 weeks even though results haven't really showed.

AFLQ were at game on Saturday but it was more around assessing umpires.
Yeah, give Timmy a break !! He only has 2 styles of coaching-- yell when winning and yell louder when losing with a couple of swears thrown in for good measure. That way everyone up there thinks he's doing a great job even if it is straight out of the 1970's coaching manual. By the way, isn't nick a co- coach too?

Yeah, give Timmy a break !! He only has 2 styles of coaching-- yell when winning and yell louder when losing with a couple of swears thrown in for good measure. That way everyone up there thinks he's doing a great job even if it is straight out of the 1970's coaching manual. By the way, isn't nick a co- coach too?

By the way no

By the way no
Haven't read this thread for a while so I'm way behind on what's happened over the last couple of months - sounds like there's been a bit going on. So did it just not work having co-coaches, did nick decide to leave, was there internal dispute or was it just because he couldn't get a word in? Or maybe none of the above ? Genuinely interested in finding out how it all went down, sounded like a great match up when announced at the end of last season and it's not like you're a difficult person to work with, actually, quite the opposite! You were always open to take on board new ideas and tactics and build a game plan around those ideas and you gave credit where it was due... Unlike some coaches who use others plans and claim them to be their own. Being brothers with similar knowledge and ideas on how to build a good side, should have been a win/win scenario. Is there a chance of reuniting down the track ?

Poss
Haven't read this thread for a while so I'm way behind on what's happened over the last couple of months - sounds like there's been a bit going on. So did it just not work having co-coaches, did nick decide to leave, was there internal dispute or was it just because he couldn't get a word in? Or maybe none of the above ? Genuinely interested in finding out how it all went down, sounded like a great match up when announced at the end of last season and it's not like you're a difficult person to work with, actually, quite the opposite! You were always open to take on board new ideas and tactics and build a game plan around those ideas and you gave credit where it was due... Unlike some coaches who use others plans and claim them to be their own. Being brothers with similar knowledge and ideas on how to build a good side, should have been a win/win scenario. Is there a chance of reuniting down the track ?
It was all going to plan ,
Nick got a new job that was very demanding on his time and a baby was made so decided to step down , defenetly will be re visited at some point .

Timmy is well liked around the club! He expects a lot from the playing group and for a side who play patches of great footy and patches of poor footy you can kinda understand the loud noises coming from the coaching box.
I can only see great things from this club over the next few years... And timmy will hopefully be involved in the great stuff to come! Anyone can coach a good side who is winning all the time, it shows how good you are when you coach a struggling side to some really good wins in your first year at a club. If we can build our winning record next year and keep our list Aswell as add a few key players to it. Who knows what could happen.

Playing a couple of young bloods every week is amazing for culture going foward. 3 more young fellas lacing up tomorrow aswell! Looking forward to the challenge!

Good to see Kedron have big George back, he makes his teammates walk taller and well done to Kedron

Last edited:
Great to see Coomera all but sew up a finals berth today ( I'm assuming it's still a final 5 ) . In only their 8th season, they have gone from the old div 4 to div 3 to div 2 and now div 2 finals. All that and yet they rarely get a mention and when they do, it's usually not positive. I remember a post from last year from "Gerry 4" ( an occasional visitor to this thread, widely regarded as a "knob " ) during a stage where they were barely able to put 2 sides out for about a month ) , that Coomera should be made to play in the Friday Comp and, forfeit the rest of last season... Thankfully, the Coomera boys have pushed through some hard times, taken no notice of the doomsayers and stuck to the task of getting better. And now it looks like they will be rewarded with a finals appearance for their efforts... Good luck and well done to the whole club

how do you know what they were there for? Or do you complain about the umps so much that they had to come down and oil the squeaky wheel?

No I think it was a complaint against Coomera coach from a few weeks ago. Moreton boys may have a bit more info about it?

With the race to avoid relegation heating up, 3 teams on 3 wins and 2 teams on 4 wins and not to much difference in %, who does everyone think will miss out?
Personally I'd like to see Kedron relegated, mainly for their over priced beers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the race to avoid relegation heating up, 3 teams on 3 wins and 2 teams on 4 wins and not to much difference in %, who does everyone think will miss out?
Personally I'd like to see Kedron relegated, mainly for their over priced beers
I'm from Kedron not sure I want to see them go down. But the beers on the other hand I agree.

why would any non Kedron blokes be playing 1's when you have a 2s team full of Kedron blokes?

1 is too many, let alone 4
Not my call mate.
But from what I understand kedron have had permit players in both grades almost every game.
So I assume it's simply numbers.
Got to put two sides out every week and a few bloke's have doubled up each week as well.
I reckon they have battled well each week and if permit players get them through the season than so be it.

Not my call mate.
But from what I understand kedron have had permit players in both grades almost every game.
Got to put two sides out every week and a few bloke's have doubled up each week as well.
I reckon they have battled well each week and if permit players get them through the season than so be it.

Be ordinary if a club gets relegated playing just normal club players vs club permitting players to avoid relegation.

We all battle for numbers but I reckon a rule should be if you permit they only play ressies. Different if you permitting from your junior base to permitting from a club playing higher division.

I think not really in spirit.

Not my call mate.

Agree mate. Just don't think permit players that are supposedly to 'just boost numbers' should play senior footy.

Be ordinary if a club gets relegated playing just normal club players vs club permitting players to avoid relegation.

We all battle for numbers but I reckon a rule should be if you permit they only play ressies. Different if you permitting from your junior base to permitting from a club playing higher division.

I think not really in spirit.
I know a few bloke's who help out are ex kedron players.
Is it better to play or forfit.
Every week a up to three bloke's double up.
For me it just shows that the difference between top and bottom sides in this comp is a couple of good players.
It's a non issue in my book.
You play what's in front of you and get on with it.
If a couple of players cost you a game you need to look at your performance not the opposition.
What so different in getting ex afl players to help your club and i certainly don't have a problem with that.
Every club will do what they have to do to keep teams on the park.
That's footy in this day and age.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back