QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Like most clubs Pie we will keep looking for any players that will make us a more formidable combination for 2018.

Looks like we might lose a couple to Carrara with Nick Pearson getting gig their. Can't match the unbelievable money being offered by the Saints. Going out big for Div 3 Club. Spending the equivalent to our entire footy budget on one player.
On behalf of Carrara we would like to send a massive apology out to all in Sth East Qld for getting caught opening the cheque book. Yes its true. Last week we spent $42.80 on re stitching jerseys from this year. We have spent $27.20 in china on 3 drink bottles that were lost. The big one is $120.90 spent on Sir Walter grass seeds to fix the forward pocket.

On behalf of Carrarstatementwould like to send a massive apology out to all in Sth East Qld for getting caught opening the cheque book. Yes its true. Last week we spent $42.80 on re stitching jerseys from this year. We have spent $27.20 in china on 3 drink bottles that were lost. The big one is $120.90 spent on Sir Walter grass seeds to fix the forward pocket.
Think most of the followers on big footy know when blocker makes a statement it is pretty much on the mark.
With him saying its players from the pirates think he would know the offers. ..
what ive heard about one players offer for div 3 is crazy. ...

Think most of the followers on big footy know when blocker makes a statement it is pretty much on the mark.

Interesting would love too know who

I'd love to know the definition of Park Ridge's player "budget."

Cash or contra, its still player payment.

Rumours of free landscaping, houses being painted and rendered, kitchen upgrades, new carports etc etc

All just rumours, but if any are true - Park Ridge would blow most QAFL clubs out of the water with player payments when 'arrangements' are included

I find it weird the pirates president would accuse another club of spending lots of $$$ when they have signed a qafl coach. I'm guessing that would not be cheap. Along with the players that will follow. Surely they won't travel down there for love ?

I find it weird the pirates president would accuse another club of spending lots of $$$ when they have signed a qafl coach. I'm guessing that would not be cheap. Along with the players that will follow. Surely they won't travel down there for love ?
They would be spending as much as we are at the roost, with our 3 qafl recruits and half a dozen guns Danny boy is bringing in from up north everyone knows player payments aint cheap, hence why we also had to do it for 2018 season. My predictions are
Premiers: My vastly beloved Roosters!!
Runner ups: Obviously kedron with dropping down from div 2
3rd: Much improved Wynnum demons/suns under new coach Sloany
4th: Carrara opening up the check book and payin Nick Pearson a fortune tnings will happen for sure if he makes it passed round 1.
5 : Redcliffe always a solid perform but has one hand on the ressies cup
6: pinerivers: will win there fair share of games look for improvement at the back end of season maybe a little too late then.
7: ipswich my old brothers which way no one knows to unpredictable
8:Nambour no money in the bank to buy players,

So theres my predictions

What does it matter who's paying who.
Every club at every level offer something.
Could be match payments or jobs or any other incentives.
I've seen clubs spend big and fail many times.
I have always said judge a club by its team photo.
If it doesn't change too much year by year your on the right track.
Building slowly with constant improvement is the only way to go.
But some people just don't get it and think a short fix is the answer.

They would be spending as much as we are at the roost, with our 3 qafl recruits and half a dozen guns Danny boy is bringing in from up north everyone knows player payments aint cheap, hence why we also had to do it for 2018 season. My predictions are
4th: Carrara opening up the check book and payin Nick Pearson a fortune tnings will happen for sure if he makes it passed round 1.
6: pinerivers: will win there fair share of games look for improvement at the back end of season maybe a little too late then.

So theres my predictions
Ha ha your a funny ducky. If the chooks are paying players. Which I doubt. They should spend it on fixing those dressing rooms instead. I much better investment!

So theres my predictions

Wrong forum bud lol hahahaha
Good luck to the roosters finishing anywhere near the top,

Pearsons boys to finish top 3 in the comp

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I highly doubt every club at every level is offering something. Would be a few div 3 and probably all div 4 and 5 clubs who don’t spend a cent on players. If players are getting paid good money to play div 3 and lower, which is essentially social Footy, they are probably kidding themselves

I highly doubt every club at every level is offering something. Would be a few div 3 and probably all div 4 and 5 clubs who don’t spend a cent on players. If players are getting paid good money to play div 3 and lower, which is essentially social Footy, they are probably kidding themselves
Not saying player payments but free registration. Maybe a bar tab. Enjoying the benefits of a sponsor.
All sorts of little things at lower levels.
But if there's big money in div two and three why wouldn't the journey men go for it.
If it's offered someone is going to take it up.
Some clubs have deeper pockets then others.
But I disagree with social footy statement as there are plenty of clubs trying to win a flag.
Pretty hard at any level if you're just social.
Once the ball in bounced it's game on no matter what the level.
Every player wants to win and if they say any different I call bullshit.

Hey guys, I’m from Adelaide and moving into the Kenmore area in early February next year. Trying to get a feel for the league and the different clubs around.

Took the year off this year but prior was playing A grade footy in the SFL in SA. Probably around a div 3-4 level in the SA amateur league.

Does anyone know how this league compares? What club/ division to target?

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely nobody is getting paid on Friday nights? Free rego at the most.

As for the big $ in Div2/3 park footy, its an issue for AFLQ, as it weakens the higher levels reserves competitions.

Bloke at Mt gravatt could play ~5 senior games a year, maybe get $40 matchies per game and be a really good ressies player.

Then along comes a big swinging dick from Div 2 or 3, offer them $150-200 a game and a new front fence (and the opportunity to get drafted!?) and you can understand why these guys end up changing clubs to play at a lower level.

not much you can do about it though. Those same Div 2/3 clubs probably see their best kids dissappear up to Div 1 and QAFL, so there should be some backflow in return.

I'd love to know the definition of Park Ridge's player "budget."

Cash or contra, its still player payment.

Rumours of free landscaping, houses being painted and rendered, kitchen upgrades, new carports etc etc

All just rumours, but if any are true - Park Ridge would blow most QAFL clubs out of the water with player payments when 'arrangements' are included

Especially a lowly place Sandgate side
and considering they did pay one of the top signings from last year over $250 a game I think the budget is BIG

Agree about
Agree with your comments ...
For clubs not to use any means to recruit players and keep players is ridiculous. .
as said by jobs/fees paid etc...
My father coached here years ago and clubs were doing the same thing back then. ..
Blocker recruits very well but has never forgotten the priority of our youth being promoted to seniors. .
As stated before the pirates had up to 10 of our 16s play senior football this year...
Them plus a number of past youth players who are back are going to make both seniors and ressies competitive..
but as you know you still need "old wise heads" to help educate them....
the appointment of bomber Addams as coach and the recruiting done by blocker will only help the development of these young players...

Agree about

Agree with your comments ...
For clubs not to use any means to recruit players and keep players is ridiculous. .
as said by jobs/fees paid etc...
My father coached here years ago and clubs were doing the same thing back then. ..
Blocker recruits very well but has never forgotten the priority of our youth being promoted to seniors. .
As stated before the pirates had up to 10 of our 16s play senior football this year...
Them plus a number of past youth players who are back are going to make both seniors and ressies competitive..
but as you know you still need "old wise heads" to help educate them....
the appointment of bomber Addams as coach and the recruiting done by blocker will only help the development of these young players...
If they can keep bomber around for a couple of seasons the young fellas will benifit greatly.

agree Pirate Island, and while I don't mind having a crack at Blocker on here - he certainly does a good job with the recruiting.

I just don't think it's 'cricket' to come on here throwing stones at other clubs about the 'cheque book being open' and their budget for one player is bigger than Pirates entire budget, when everyone knows there are all sorts of incentives and cash flying around down at the high school. Whether you call it a match payment from the club, or some sort of other incentive, these blokes aren't going down there for kisses and cuddles, they are incentivised financially in some way.

The only thing I really ever have a crack at Blocker about is the 'get kids drafted from Div 2 park footy' rubbish. It's not fair on the players who believe it, and its just poor form. I've had my say on this many times, so its hardly something new. A kid that is potentially draftable, actually staying at Park Ridge and not joining a QAFL/NEAFL/Academy program is extremely detrimental to their progress, and a real shame.

He was a very successful youth coach and one of the best players i've seen in his day for Zillmere with his bright red boots.

At QAFL level his coaching record is 10 wins, 58 losses, 2 draws.

Surely nobody is getting paid on Friday nights? Free rego at the most.

As for the big $ in Div2/3 park footy, its an issue for AFLQ, as it weakens the higher levels reserves competitions.

Bloke at Mt gravatt could play ~5 senior games a year, maybe get $40 matchies per game and be a really good ressies player.

Then along comes a big swinging dick from Div 2 or 3, offer them $150-200 a game and a new front fence (and the opportunity to get drafted!?) and you can understand why these guys end up changing clubs to play at a lower level.

not much you can do about it though. Those same Div 2/3 clubs probably see their best kids dissappear up to Div 1 and QAFL, so there should be some backflow in return.

Another contradictive statement there Fan? You answered your own question in last statement.

Until QAFL Clubs form alliances with Div 2 and Div 3 clubs they may continue to lose border line senior players for better opportunities and in most cases better financial rewards.

For someone involved at Kenmore you sure worry a lot more about QAFL?

agree Pirate Island, and while I don't mind having a crack at Blocker on here - he certainly does a good job with the recruiting.

I just don't think it's 'cricket' to come on here throwing stones at other clubs about the 'cheque book being open' and their budget for one player is bigger than Pirates entire budget, when everyone knows there are all sorts of incentives and cash flying around down at the high school. Whether you call it a match payment from the club, or some sort of other incentive, these blokes aren't going down there for kisses and cuddles, they are incentivised financially in some way.

The only thing I really ever have a crack at Blocker about is the 'get kids drafted from Div 2 park footy' rubbish. It's not fair on the players who believe it, and its just poor form. I've had my say on this many times, so its hardly something new. A kid that is potentially draftable, actually staying at Park Ridge and not joining a QAFL/NEAFL/Academy program is extremely detrimental to their progress, and a real shame.

Fan you have no idea of what conversations I have with kids being sent down south. At no point are they under any illusions about getting drafted, you are miles off the mark as usual.

What they are given is an opportunity to do a preseason at a AFL Club with an affiliation VFL Club . You mean to say that AFLQ or NEAFL is better than that?

They get an opportunity which none of them have ever got from their existing club otherwise we wouldn't be having conversation.

If they are good enough who knows, where they end up. It's entirely up to them. We are talking about kids 20 years old plus not 18 year olds at draft level.

Last but not least I wasn't throwing stones about what was being paid at Carrara , merely commenting on a player we were negotiating with and couldn't get anywhere near the offer by Carrara.

And if you feel Div 2 is park rubbish footy then furk off this forum as you are insulting everyone involved in this level of footy.

Like most clubs Pie we will keep looking for any players that will make us a more formidable combination for 2018.

Looks like we might lose a couple to Carrara with Nick Pearson getting gig their. Can't match the unbelievable money being offered by the Saints. Going out big for Div 3 Club. Spending the equivalent to our entire footy budget on one player.
Come on blocker that's a nice way to throw a stone!

The guys at Kenmore were told a player of theirs was promised opportunities in Victoria by Park Ridge that would see him get a chance at AFL level. That same player had previously already been sent to a VFL club with AFL affiliation for a pre-season by his QAFL club.

There are countless Mt Gravatt, Sherwood, Morningside kids playing WAFL, SANFL and VFL at the moment, or in the past. All arranged by their clubs. These opportunities are afforded to people that are up to it, not as a recruitment tool to get them there in the first place.

I'm very keen on this level of footy, and I love following it. I just get saddened when impressionable young players are tricked into playing down a few levels on false promises, which ends up being detrimental to their footy development. Playing a year of Div 2 footy in Brisbane when you are 20-25 years old is a one-way ticket to nowhere if you have genuine aspirations of playing in an elite competition - anyone that says any different is just not being realistic or honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back