QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So looks like Kenmore have got a couple of players back De Winter and Corrie that will boost them for next year .Well done .Have Alex and Coomera have coaches yet ?

he played at Kenmore previously and never got near a ton, so no reason to think he will now with worse delivery.

Probably more trouble than he's worth at QAFL level. Corrie too old anyway, but felt he had another year in him - so surprised he went back 2 levels.

he played at Kenmore previously and never got near a ton, so no reason to think he will now with worse delivery.

Probably more trouble than he's worth at QAFL level. Corrie too old anyway, but felt he had another year in him - so surprised he went back 2 levels.

Corrie is not too old and played plenty of good footy in 2018. We are very sorry to see him go, as he is an asset to any club both on and off the field. I think he was better for the run in 2018 and was shaping up for a red hot 2019, but understand his decision to drop back to Kenmore with a reduced training load and get a bit more family time.

Played 4 seasons at the Magpies and was best clubman 3 times. Enormous loss in that regard. You don't just get marks and goals when Nux walks through the door, you get much more.

What do u mean by that?

I think its self evident what I mean by that. It's all 2nd hand and I've had no direct contact with him, but as I understand it; he's a bit of hard work from a coaching and management perspective. Bit of a 'look at me' rooster, rather than a team player. The feedback comes from both clubs hes been involved with in Brisbane. Being a good club is managing people like that I guess, or managing them out...

I note Tommo has positive things to say about Corrie above, nothing about the other bloke...?

Barry Irvine named as new Coomera coach, anyone know much about him?

Good bloke, pretty sure he was coaching the Coomera masters the other year then went to Broady to coach the women. Not sure if it’s the best choice, think there will be a few departures from Coomera following old coach to surfers and whether or not Baz will be able to bring some new blood to club to replace the loses will be interesting.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sad to hear of the demise of Park Ridge. 2nd club in a few years (logan) to fall apart after a Flag which is crazy.

Clubs need stability on the field as much as off it, and I am continually blown away by how many clubs continue to turnover coaches year on year. In the end that was the reason I left the Buffs and footy just became something to do as opposed to something I loved with a passion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to hear of the demise of Park Ridge. 2nd club in a few years (logan) to fall apart after a Flag which is crazy.

Clubs need stability on the field as much as off it, and I am continually blown away by how many clubs continue to turnover coaches year on year. In the end that was the reason I left the Buffs and footy just became something to do as opposed to something I loved with a passion.

Must not be much more to achieve after your 7th flag though ? Eh

Not sure if standing your ground on principles is a demise Morro?

Unfortunately for us Our options are go to Div 1 and set our club back 5+ years
Or go to Friday night footy and be set back 3 years.

Looking at what has happened to Yeronga this season and the impact it had on not only the competition but the club it is very concerning.

We are just being honest in saying the step is to big for us as a club. Not sure why that is such a huge issue and if rules are so rigid , then good luck to any club that has to take that step in the future.

Not sure if there was any club in Division 2 that could make the step to be honest.

We will make a decision which way we go after tonight's meeting, but either way it's not a good situation for any football club especially ours being so young with a solid junior base and very solid financially.

Looking at what has happened to Yeronga this season and the impact it had on not only the competition but the club it is very concerning.

We are just being honest in saying the step is to big for us as a club. Not sure why that is such a huge issue and if rules are so rigid , then good luck to any club that has to take that step in the future.

Not sure if there was any club in Division 2 that could make the step to be honest.

We will make a decision which way we go after tonight's meeting, but either way it's not a good situation for any football club especially ours being so young with a solid junior base and very solid financially.

Surely struggling to field 2 sides after a flag would be classed as a demise even if slightly dramatic.

It's just sad. You know I loved my time at the pirates.

who said they didn't have enough to field 2 sides?

More just that the gap between Div 1 and 2 is absolutely enormous and no matter which club were to go up, they would get a touch up nearly every week and drive a 3 hour round trip to the Sunny Coast to be beaten by a combined 200 points across 2 grades 3 times a year.

If they recruit to be competitive, they know it only lasts 12 months because AFLQ have told everyone QFA will have a points system in 2020. Therefore all the players they recruit to be competitive in Div 1 would have to find a new home to stay under the points cap the very next season.

We've had the Pirates best young kids doing pre-season at the Magpies to have a crack at QAFL, credit to the Pirates for doing the right thing by those kids to encourage them to have a crack at a higher level - especially when they know its only going to impact their own side the following season.

It's a real worry from the outside looking in to see this happening to older clubs like Kedron as well as newer clubs like the Pirates to know that if any club gets in a bit of strife for any reason that there may not be a whole of support there.

Really concerning as a footy person that Logan Cobras / SE Suns and now Park Ridge Pirates are in a position like this when they were/are located in the biggest growth corridor in South East Queensland from a public and private infrastructure perspective as well as residential development and population growth.

Sometimes the big picture is more important and it shouldn't be about the 'optics' but should be more about ensuring the right decision is made, despite any potential detractors.

How is going up to div 1 and getting spanked then relegating back to div 2 the following year a 5 year set back? Yeh it’s a throw away year but would show what you need to be competitive and what to strive for plus giving some experience for those players who are going to stay at the club. Will only make the club stronger and show who really wants to be apart of it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How do you know they go back the following year? AFLQ are overdue for yet another competition re-structure, 2020 will be another year of upheaval and random competition changes that don't make sense. They can't help themselves.

Current system only in place until end of 2019

who said they didn't have enough to field 2 sides?

More just that the gap between Div 1 and 2 is absolutely enormous and no matter which club were to go up, they would get a touch up nearly every week and drive a 3 hour round trip to the Sunny Coast to be beaten by a combined 200 points across 2 grades 3 times a year.

If they recruit to be competitive, they know it only lasts 12 months because AFLQ have told everyone QFA will have a points system in 2020. Therefore all the players they recruit to be competitive in Div 1 would have to find a new home to stay under the points cap the very next season.

We've had the Pirates best young kids doing pre-season at the Magpies to have a crack at QAFL, credit to the Pirates for doing the right thing by those kids to encourage them to have a crack at a higher level - especially when they know its only going to impact their own side the following season.

It's a real worry from the outside looking in to see this happening to older clubs like Kedron as well as newer clubs like the Pirates to know that if any club gets in a bit of strife for any reason that there may not be a whole of support there.

Really concerning as a footy person that Logan Cobras / SE Suns and now Park Ridge Pirates are in a position like this when they were/are located in the biggest growth corridor in South East Queensland from a public and private infrastructure perspective as well as residential development and population growth.

Sometimes the big picture is more important and it shouldn't be about the 'optics' but should be more about ensuring the right decision is made, despite any potential detractors.

They are currently struggling for 2 sides, it was on their facebook posted by their VP but I also heard from players there.

Im not potting them, its just bloody sad, l loved my time at the club and wish they were closer to home

Last edited:
Sixth sense, looks like we will be getting our hands dirty in the Div 1 ressies back pockets in 2019. They wont kick 200 points on big rigs like us

They are currently struggling for 2 sides, it was on their facebook posted by their VP but I also heard from players there.

Im not potting them, its just bloody sad, l loved my time at the club and wish they were closer to home

Morro, that comment was based on players committed to playing Div 1 at the time we wouldn't have enough to field two sides. After a meeting with players last night it was unanimous that we push forward into Div 1 to keep our development pathway for our kids plus we would have to many players for a one team competition.

So now we go hard on the recruiting front as well as past players to ensure we front up in Div 1.

Yes fan I have to agree with u there.who knows what 2020 will bring let’s just hope for some competition stability for a lengthy period of time its helps all clubs.i like the promotion/ relegation system but understand the struggles it can bring as what has happened to the pirates.i also reckon they made a brave and correct decision to continue into div 1 next year that will hold their club no matter what results may occur in a far better position in the future.look forward to seeing the pirates in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back