QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Would still give them one more win than you this year though wouldn't it watto..??

We are improving each week which is a positive. Weren't soundly beaten by Mayne by any means, I think the score difference was 3 points after quarter time. Can't let teams get a 5 goal lead at this level it's too hard to peg back.
We'll be on the board soon, won't be far away!

We are improving each week which is a positive. Weren't soundly beaten by Mayne by any means, I think the score difference was 3 points after quarter time. Can't let teams get a 5 goal lead at this level it's too hard to peg back.
We'll be on the board soon, won't be far away!

Hate to tell ya this mate, but you're at Redbank Plains this weekend.

an impressive Zillmere outfit gave our boys a touch up on Friday. should be interesting between Zillmere and Magpies on Friday.

Similar teams from my eye, though the Eagles look much fitter and ran the game out well - while the Magpies don't appear to like final quarters!

Watched UQ vs Magpies on Friday night. Old Mikalopoulous put on a clinic up forward, helped by a very dominant midfield. Reckon they kicked 5 or 6 goals straight from clean centre clearances, while otherwise struggled to score despite their weight of possession and field position.

Just like their previous years as the Woodsmen, they will be hard to score against - but don't kick much of a score themselves, so good teams will always feel like they're in it.

Oath they did showed how well cats can play when they are on there a game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah lets not get carried away ive watched them twice so far this year all i can say is lucky the divs have been split up this year or they would of seriously been in trouble this year again. At least they won this game without the help of another club. The hardest thing for the cats is making sure their best 16 year olds dont end up down the road playing, cause fortunately for us we picked up 3 of them for this season and are all guns young kids that just wanted to play at a higher level and are now Excelling

Woah, back off. The Cats need as many players as they can get.

Yes they do!!! and your exactly right but the young fellas that came to us wanted to play at a higher level and with a club that is building on its professionalism. Ive watched the cats twice this year (power and mayne games) were good in passages against mayne but were lucky power were 1.15 at one stage or the result could of been far worse. But they will improve with the right coaching structures and if they cut the niggling shit out of their game when things dont go their way

Yes they do!!! and your exactly right but the young fellas that came to us wanted to play at a higher level and with a club that is building on its professionalism. Ive watched the cats twice this year (power and mayne games) were good in passages against mayne but were lucky power were 1.15 at one stage or the result could of been far worse. But they will improve with the right coaching structures and if they cut the niggling shit out of their game when things dont go their way

"Want to play a higher level"... pretty massive jump from Friday nights to div 3... hahahahah

"Want to play a higher level"... pretty massive jump from Friday nights to div 3... hahahahah
Well it would be coming from the cats. Div 5 is no where near as strong as div 4. As ive said befor some div 4 teams would definitely give some div 3 teams a run for their money.

from the little amount of footy I've seen, the better Div 5 sides are pretty similar to the Div 4 teams.

In hindsign, AFLQ were well intentioned but the likes of Power, Mayne, Jindalee, Kings and Ferny should have been left in Div 4 to have a strong 10 team comp.

Div 5 could have been the leftovers such as the Cats, Devils and Roosters which could be purely about development and ensuring people get a game that want to play, as realistically unless they play each other, its going to be 150 point hidings. I would have had Devils in Div 4 too, and let Roosters and Cats slug it out every 2nd week for a laugh. They would get more out of it playing each other every week, then getting pumped by 150 every week instead

from the little amount of footy I've seen, the better Div 5 sides are pretty similar to the Div 4 teams.

In hindsign, AFLQ were well intentioned but the likes of Power, Mayne, Jindalee, Kings and Ferny should have been left in Div 4 to have a strong 10 team comp.

Div 5 could have been the leftovers such as the Cats, Devils and Roosters which could be purely about development and ensuring people get a game that want to play, as realistically unless they play each other, its going to be 150 point hidings. I would have had Devils in Div 4 too, and let Roosters and Cats slug it out every 2nd week for a laugh. They would get more out of it playing each other every week, then getting pumped by 150 every week instead

IMO it should've been:

Div 4
Collingwood Park
Sandgate
UQ
Western Magpies
Zillmere

Div 5
Coorparoo
Ferny Grove
Mayne
Morningside
Ormeau

Div 6
Ipswich
Jindalee
Moorooka
Yeronga

Jindalee was always going to be in the lowest division being the new kids on the block, but would be likely to be promoted in their first year. Ipswich, Moorooka and Yeronga are self explanatory.

Div 4 and 5 were hard to split, but I think I've done alright sorting them. It's hard to see Ormeau winning too many games in the current div 4, so they're in the lower division. I almost put Morningside in division 4, but I didn't think 4 teams in div 5 would be enough. Coorparoo, Ferny and Mayne fitting here as well.

The power are looking very strong premiership favourites in div 5, so I'd consider them worthy of a spot in division 4. Also in division 4 are the remainder of the current teams.

IMO it should've been:

Div 4
Collingwood Park
Sandgate
UQ
Western Magpies
Zillmere

Div 5
Coorparoo
Ferny Grove
Mayne
Morningside
Ormeau

Div 6
Ipswich
Jindalee
Moorooka
Yeronga

Jindalee was always going to be in the lowest division being the new kids on the block, but would be likely to be promoted in their first year. Ipswich, Moorooka and Yeronga are self explanatory.

Div 4 and 5 were hard to split, but I think I've done alright sorting them. It's hard to see Ormeau winning too many games in the current div 4, so they're in the lower division. I almost put Morningside in division 4, but I didn't think 4 teams in div 5 would be enough. Coorparoo, Ferny and Mayne fitting here as well.

The power are looking very strong premiership favourites in div 5, so I'd consider them worthy of a spot in division 4. Also in division 4 are the remainder of the current teams.

Should have a division for each individual team. Then everyone can win a special prize and feel special. Then at the end of the season, all teams hold hands in a circle and say nice things to each other about how great they are.

Get a grip, the best result is to have one comp like it was. Like every comp in the country, there will be good teams and not so good. The Comp this year is worse for the split as after a month the div 4 comp is ready to start playing the same teams already almost, and the div 5 comp is seeing the same floggings between the top and bottom sides that happened last year. The only winners are the middle teams who didn't need to really improve as clubs to be a chance at a "flag"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO it should've been:

Div 4
Collingwood Park
Sandgate
UQ
Western Magpies
Zillmere

Div 5
Coorparoo
Ferny Grove
Mayne
Morningside
Ormeau

Div 6
Ipswich
Jindalee
Moorooka
Yeronga

Sounds good in theory but the cry babies are already complaining about having 6 teams in their comp, 5 teams would send them into meltdown!

Im just curious on what teams all you guys who comment on this forum play for?
I don't play, but I'm from Morningside. I was a lowly reserves player at best in my day, and never played a single senior game and was a borderline selection in the ressies. Haven't play for over a decade, but I wish we had 3rds when I was playing!

from what I can tell, Major is from Collingwood Park, Thommo is from Magpies, Pea Nut probably doesn't play, Watto is from Yeronga, Might Pirate is from Yeronga, no idea about Realtalkz and a few others.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back