QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats biggest ever win? Highest score in clubs history? Have they improved or are the teams under them just plain ordinary

Cats biggest ever win? Highest score in clubs history? Have they improved or are the teams under them just plain ordinary
Ive watched them play 4 times this season i would say slight improvement with some potentially good kids coming through but the key is can they hold on to them for next season

Is Morro still having a kick at the Ormeau Bulldogs, haven't heard a word about him on this page for weeks. You'd think a player of his ability playing at this level he'd be making some noise.

I think you're probably underestimating the standard. There would be 50 blokes running around this comp better than he is.

I think you're probably underestimating the standard. There would be 50 blokes running around this comp better than he is.

Considering I am 38 I would hope so.

But 50 my ass and I dont even rate my ability these days.Each team ive seen has 3-6 standout players, then it drops off masssively.

If each team has 5 or 6 standouts, then drop off rapidly - then one would think the addition of a few standout players to any team would massively improve their team.

Ormeau are essentially being treated as the bye by most clubs, resting good players, giving blokes a go etc and they are still getting pumped every week.

So I guess they have precisely NO standout players?

Strange ormeau were admitted straight into div 4 as a new club. Fair chance they won't win a game this year. Good on them for having a crack every week but doesn't make much sense

If each team has 5 or 6 standouts, then drop off rapidly - then one would think the addition of a few standout players to any team would massively improve their team.

Ormeau are essentially being treated as the bye by most clubs, resting good players, giving blokes a go etc and they are still getting pumped every week.

So I guess they have precisely NO standout players?

I said 3-6

I also never said I was a standout player

No one would treat ormeau as a bye as they would all walk off pretty sore IMO. New club first year, shown improvement, its not always about wins and losses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said 3-6

No one would treat ormeau as a bye as they would all walk off pretty sore IMO. New club first year, shown improvement, its not always about wins and losses.
When your winless and have percentage of only 26, you are the Bye

I said 3-6

Well said mate. Moorooka are in the same boat in the div 5 comp but you've never seen a happier bunch of fellas getting out to have a kick. Havnt won a game but I doubt those blokes have lost a 5th quarter at the bar.

Ormeau are the new Ipswich Cats.

Just give them time, they're having fun and that's really what div 4 and 5 are about.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would say the top 5 sides in div 4 are out there for more than fun from 7:30pm til the last siren. I watched Woodies play sandgate and it didn't look like they were just "having fun", they were into it. I'm sure training and the social side away from footy is fun and less serious, but I doubt any of them would ever go into a game thinking, "can't wait to have fun tonight." Some competitive teams at the top of he ladder that's for sure and winning certainly seems to matter.

I would say the top 5 sides in div 4 are out there for more than fun from 7:30pm til the last siren. I watched Woodies play sandgate and it didn't look like they were just "having fun", they were into it. I'm sure training and the social side away from footy is fun and less serious, but I doubt any of them would ever go into a game thinking, "can't wait to have fun tonight." Some competitive teams at the top of he ladder that's for sure and winning certainly seems to matter.

Winning a few games is always good. Siren to siren everybody out there is having a crack and the general willingness to compete against one another kicks in by all means. Watching and being out there is different. In div 5 atleast the big hits and rubbish banta is generally all taken in good faith by 95% on blokes.

When your winless and have percentage of only 26, you are the Bye
Do you play?

Ormeau players me excluded crack in like lunatics.

If you pull up sore from a bye like you do against the dogs you must be older than me.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back