QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of upsets in Div 4 on Friday, really opening up heaps of possibilities with the final 4 and placings.

Woodies would be kicking themselves dropping the game against Morningside, given they could have gone top of the ladder with a win.

Then even bigger surprise was Sandgate comfortably accounting for Zillmere.

I watched the first half of the Panthers/Pies game, but had to go home. Surprised by the end result, thought the Woodies were on top - but that red head kid up forward for Siders was obviously the difference, I note he bagged 6 and he certainly looked dangerous early on. Big hanger on Thommo!

Anyone know what happened in the Hawks/Eagles game? Not only does the result surprise, but Zillmere being kept to just 17 is extraordinary.

Zillmere and Woodies have any key outs, or in game injuries?

Couple of upsets in Div 4 on Friday, really opening up heaps of possibilities with the final 4 and placings.

Woodies would be kicking themselves dropping the game against Morningside, given they could have gone top of the ladder with a win.

Then even bigger surprise was Sandgate comfortably accounting for Zillmere.

I watched the first half of the Panthers/Pies game, but had to go home. Surprised by the end result, thought the Woodies were on top - but that red head kid up forward for Siders was obviously the difference, I note he bagged 6 and he certainly looked dangerous early on. Big hanger on Thommo!

Anyone know what happened in the Hawks/Eagles game? Not only does the result surprise, but Zillmere being kept to just 17 is extraordinary.

Zillmere and Woodies have any key outs, or in game injuries?

Sandgate appear to have had their best 22 and a full side for the first time in weeks. Only Widt looks like he wasn't playing. They beat Zillmere at the start of year so would say they have no depth, but when all available are going to threaten finals big time.

Zillmere team sheet seems to have a few new names for the year (fill ins maybe?) and lot of regular players missing. Also been up for a while, sandgate always seem to beat them during the year also. Looking at last year and this season, sandgate are 4-1 against Zillmere.

Any word on the UQ V Zillmere result from week before where Uq couldn't play at home due to "rain"? Surely splitting the points will happen but that surely favours uq and could cost Zillmere top spot if they drop another game or two. Mside winning was a nice boost and helps them stay in the 4, and not be caught out by uq claiming 2 points when they called off a game.

Certainly has shaken things up a bit the results. Same as div 5 where there were a few surprise results also.

Do we really have to go through who was out and who was in?

Sandgate and Morningside won the games, thats all there is to it.

We were probably as strong as we will get on Friday - but it was a high standard game and I doubt the Magpies had too many out. There just a few key moments that we won and the Magpies made some uncharacteristic errors at crucial times they didn't make in our previous games. Given we only lost by 7 points and 2 points in the previous 2 outings, it shouldn't be a huge surprise we won should it?

Umpiring was generally poor, but I felt it was equally bad both ways and didn't impact the result. Certainly trigger happy on the 50s!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not allowed to anymore anyway.

If you want to play a bloke who has played senior footy in 2017, you have to get permission from the competition manager.

Memo went out a few months back from AFLQ about it. Due to promotion/relegation, they want to preserve competition integrity.

If you want to play a bloke who has played senior footy in 2017, you have to get permission from the competition manager.

Memo went out a few months back from AFLQ about it. Due to promotion/relegation, they want to preserve competition integrity.
Is there promotion/relegation with division 4/5?

Yeah I'm sure AFLQ will be strong in enforcing this... Kedron last night played Moreton Bay and permitted 8 blokes from Div 1 to play seniors for them! Got within a goal of the top side.. aflq and integrity don't really go together

Yeah I'm sure AFLQ will be strong in enforcing this... Kedron last night played Moreton Bay and permitted 8 blokes from Div 1 to play seniors for them! Got within a goal of the top side.. aflq and integrity don't really go together

Make that 6, 4 in the seniors and 2 in the ressies. All from Yeronga. Doesn't seem quite right though, Moreton Bay would have been rightly filthy had they have lost, could have had ramifications for their finals campaign! Precedent set now though for other lower Division clubs to permit Div 1 players this weekend.

If they were Yeronga Div 1 Reserves players (not seniors) then its allowed I'm pretty sure.

Also note that they have to ask permission, are you assuming Kedron never asked for permission? Maybe they did?

It was meant to be a bye week in Div 2 this week, so every club would no doubt be short - especially with splendour on.

If they were Yeronga Div 1 Reserves players (not seniors) then its allowed I'm pretty sure.

Also note that they have to ask permission, are you assuming Kedron never asked for permission? Maybe they did?

It was meant to be a bye week in Div 2 this week, so every club would no doubt be short - especially with splendour on.

The 4 who played seniors are all senior Yeronga players. Rolla is one of the Div 1 league's leading goal kickers. I am sure Kedron have done nothing untoward and I am sure it was okayed by AFLQ. What's to stop other lower divisions doing the same thing this weekend now that the precedent has been set?

I would presume that not many request for Div 1 to 5 would be approved by the league (outside injury returns?) whereas Div 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 was a regular occurrence over the last few years that I've been involved in that level.... 3 rounds to go of regular season for the Div 5'ers, how quick has that gone by!!! :(

I would presume that not many request for Div 1 to 5 would be approved by the league (outside injury returns?) whereas Div 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 was a regular occurrence over the last few years that I've been involved in that level.... 3 rounds to go of regular season for the Div 5'ers, how quick has that gone by!!! :(

I miss you already.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back