QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m coaching Sandgate womens, we have moved from Div 2 to Div 1. One clear rule was we couldn’t recruit more than 3 players from another Div 1 club. You’d hope start up clubs would have to have 30 or their own new players with a couple from other clubs at the most.
Yeah its a good rule imo. Stops the robbing peter to pay paul scenario that often occurs in club footy.

That's in women's footy, same doesn't apply in men's.
Yes it does unless it’s changed this year! Glasshouse last year had guys knocked back from Hinterland because there was more than 4 that requested clearances. And North Shore was told the same the year before but they already had the numbers! The 2nd year is another story!!!

Yes it does unless it’s changed this year! Glasshouse last year had guys knocked back from Hinterland because there was more than 4 that requested clearances. And North Shore was told the same the year before but they already had the numbers! The 2nd year is another story!!!
Oh I didn't realize that, that makes sense. Well with about 9 chooks heading to Springfield it will be interesting to see what happens.

Oh I didn't realize that, that makes sense. Well with about 9 chooks heading to Springfield it will be interesting to see what happens.
I have been told by a remaining Moorooka person during the past week that they will actually be playing Div 4 North, not Div 3 North. I was told that they haven't retained any seniors players.

Bottom of the bunch mate so div 1 and 2 first.
Hopefully a few weeks before the season. I'm actually coaching a team in this div this year. So I'd like to know as soon as possible as well.

Div 1 was released on the 2nd of Feb. Surely a draft Div 2 has been circulated and just awaiting final tick of approval from clubs, then the draft for Div 3 and Div 4 will go to clubs for input.

Here’s hoping it’s this week; however, with the introduction of a number of new teams, teams moving up a division, splitting a division into north and south, you’d be silly not to expect some delays!

Gday All,

Quinny here from Caloundra, Im heading up the Friday night side this year. All coming together slowly but surely for us, got some very experienced senior footballers and then some blokes who’ve never kicked a sherrin before lining up for us. All looking very good on paper but will see how that progresses over the coming weeks and months for us. We have close to 40 blokes who’ve indicated they are onboard and seen most of them once or twice so far with a few expected later in the piece.

Looking forward to pulling the boots back on myself and diving into the coaching ranks. No doubt will catch most of you throughout the year.

Welcome 😃

Great to hear, sounds like the club is in a very healthy spot

Any idea how your div is shaping up?

More importantly, what will the friday night spread be like at Carter Park (presumably)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome 😃

Great to hear, sounds like the club is in a very healthy spot

Any idea how your div is shaping up?

More importantly, what will the friday night spread be like at Carter Park (presumably)?
Cheers,

Clubs in a great spot and numbers across the board reflect that as well. I’ve been at the club over 20 years and never played in a night game there so excited to see that take place.

Not to sure of the make up for our division, think AFLQ us there hands full with lots of chopping and changing. But keen to know sooner rather then later.

I imagine the spread won’t disappoint. The Larry’s will be cold I know that much.

This now becomes the balancing act for Friday Night Footy. The original Clubs staying competitive to keep their competition normal.

But because the pressure of all these new teams close by to localise competition will be another issue.

Can see some decent travel to maintain some decent competitions otherwise if it starts getting put to zones/areas it will end up lop sided with results.

Be interesting how it all plays out. Maybe new teams need some form of grading games to place them in right divisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back