Prediction Queens Birthday Game: Pre-Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayne won't be going anywhere.

OUT Flynn/Levi
IN Howe

I would consider dropping Wells for Murray.

Why on Earth would you drop Wells. He set up multiple goals today and is all class!

Out: Greenwood/Appleby
In: Howe

Out: Mayne/Daicos
In: Varcoe

Out: Mihocek
In: Reid

Howe absolutely must come in, it's either at the expense of Greenwood or Appleby depending on match ups. If we keep Greenwood, we can have him shut down Petracca all over the ground as an option. But Appleby has been good and clearly will continue doing so. I'm just not sure the Dees have the small forward for him to go with this week. Is Garlett injured??

Gee I hope Varcoe is good to go. Too deft to have sitting on the sidelines. Especially in games where touches matter, he could be the difference. Clearly ahead of both Mayne and Daics, but would keep Mayne if we have to choose. The other option is Wells if he's not quite right. I reckon he was just going through the motions today though.

Mihocek had a brilliant debut, apart from his third quarter. Was really good, I think we should pump games into him. BUT for this year and when we have the choice, we should go with Reid. I won't be disappointed either way though.

I'm tipping a 20-30 point loss at this stage. The Dees are looking really good despite a fairly easy run. But it's a game of momentum and they have it right now. We've got a bit but we clearly have our kinks to iron out too.

Massive game!

In Howe, Reid
Out Daicos, Mihocek

Appelby isn't going anywhere, Fritsch/Hannan are perfect match-ups.

Wouldn't of thought Varcoe gets up considering his prior history.

They said during the week that Varcoe will be left until after the bye.

Howe for Mayne for me. Wells for a potato

The way Wells plodded along makes me think they should have "rested" him for another couple of weeks.

Mayne shouldn't even be close to our best 22 if we are serious about achieving anything this year, absolute waste of a spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would consider dropping Wells for Murray.

Not on this one, I’m afraid not.

Besides Pendlebury, Wells is our most skilful player.
He sets up, he is pure class.
He’s our “Cyril” so to speak.

Just too good to replace, in my view.

I reckon Stephenson will get left out before Daicos this week. Think the extended run has caught up with him. 5 disposals, 3 clangers is a poor return. He has been good, but Daicos had a better showing today

Not sure of which players will come up yet. Hard to drop anyone from a good win but Greenwood is on the cusp for mine. Well's wasn't great but if fit, the upside is too good. Daicos got into it a bit more in the second half so probably keeps his spot.

Why in the hell to people keep saying out Appleby???

He keeps beating his man, wins one on ones. I'm not sure what else he has to do?

Anyway, he's no chance of getting dropped. Our best (and only) lock down defender.

In: A bigger Collingwood fan turnout . Our crowds have been on the lowish side this year for our normal high standard . 34000 today was a little dissapointed considering tigers got 45'000 for same game

Should be great atmosphere next Monday. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back