Prediction Queens Birthday Game: Pre-Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frost is quick and rangy, an issue for our tall options atm. Our threat up forward is our mid sized brigade.

He'd be favoured for a recall you'd think, Pederson tends to play more forward/ruck.

I say we organise an 'Away' cheersquad and get BringouttheGimp to have us stay at his chalet on Mont Blanc. That way we can troll the MCC members while they watch the game from the fireside comfort of apré ski. And eat better cheese than they do at the ground.

I think it's a good idea to coincide it with my imminent 10000th post re.. that way it'll be all about me.. a celebration of the Gimp re

Sprinted from HF to CHB in the last quarter trying to catch a Freo player who had a massive head start
I had my heart in my mouth when he did that.
In hindsight it was good to see.

Does anyone know why Bucks loves to start Treloar and Stephenson on the bench at the first bounce?
Stephenson is at the edge of the 22 sonit makes sense for him to start but I'm not sure on Treloar.

This is the 22 i'd like to see:

FB: Appleby - Dunn - Langdon
HB: Howe - Scharenberg - Crisp

Mid: Sidebottom - Treloar - Phillips
Fol: Grundy - Adams - Pendlebury

HF: De Goey - Mihocek - Thomas
FF: Stephenson - Cox - Hoskin Elliott

Int: Wells (fwd, inside), Maynard (outside, def), Greenwood (defensive job), Daicos (outside, fwd)

IN: Howe OUT: Mayne

I reckon we might need De Goey and Maynards hardness around the contest in this game and i'd like to see them given some midfield time.

How many pressure acts? Those changes are what I expect to happen not what i'd do. I reckon Bucks will go with the experience.

I'm not a huge fan of pressure acts, especially as an isolated stat, but Mayne is pretty manic. Had 15 PA's for the game, equal 8th with Grundy. But Grundy also had more possessions, 10 contested, 7 score involvements, and 8 tackles which suggests his PA's also led to greater impact on the play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are picking for next week, not for the next 3 years, I would be very hesitant to leave Reid and Howe out if they are fit, they'd add a wealthy amount of experience we need to put up and good showing.

Out - Appleby, Daicos
In - Howe, Reid

Cox seems to relish having another tall forward to work with in tandem, and Reid is a good lead up player to bring the ball forward. Melbourne's forward line needs to be stopped, contain their avenues to goal will be a challenge, but with the inclusion of Howe we can certainly get our way in the back half.

Its time for Greenwood to do a "Selwood Job" this week on...………….

464036_np.jpg

God Knows. Why have 1 of our Best Players Starting on the Bench:rolleyes:

Might be about getting the best out of them across 4 quarters. Swanny used to start there a lot as well.

I reckon Brayshaw is the one. He's the one in the best form of their mids.

Agreed but Oliver is the playmaker and if Greenwood can get under his skin like he does Selwood then I am happy for the rest of the mids going head to head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back