Queensland Flood Crisis

Remove this Banner Ad

8 people confirmed dead, 72 missing, billions of dollars worth of damage and long term infrastructure / farming / business losses which will impact for months to years....

...and some stupid promiscuous girl wants to grab the headlines so she can get rich quick :mad:

The media need a kick up the arse. Will the floods and devastation here in Queensland get as much press attention as the attention whore?

Perspective.

all the best to all queenslanders and keep your feet dry. Thoughts and prayers with you

and some supporters mentioned facts similar to that to the media camped out at training yesterday-

So incredibly sad, it isn't looking good at all.

Brisbane suburbs now on high alert, please if you live in the region, tune into news radio and keep yourself informed.

Kildonian the media in Melbourne are onto
The floods. Unfortunately 8 dead will do that.

Let's hope the final death toll is less than 20.

Best of luck to those in a pickle.

If you buy a house, always take flood risk into account.

Never buy at the bottom of a hill!

TheBrownDog said:
mm5bs.jpg

Coronation Drive just went under.
This is the main drag along the Brisbane River (Coro Drive).
I think this picture is taken along the pedestrian path that parallels the river beside Coro Drive.

Hi guys. My Mums joint is just down the road from where that photo was taken. I was there this morning helping her pack some stuff up and literally the water rose 3 maybe 4 feet in 20 minutes. Never seen anything like it.

How you holding up Kildonan? Just saw the Bremmer River on the news

The Bremer River is just 100m from my back door ATM, it's banks are usually 350m away but it has burst its banks and flowing with a terrible current swallowing up all the low lying land nearby. In some places this formerly creek sized section of the river is about a third of a kilometer wide.

The Bremer River is just 100m from my back door ATM, it's banks are usually 350m away but it has burst its banks and flowing with a terrible current swallowing up all the low lying land nearby. In some places this formerly creek sized section of the river is about a third of a kilometer wide.

Hope you are holding up OK, even emotionally it would be tough. Have you somewhere safe to reside should it worsen?

All our prayers go out for everyone affected up there in Queensland.

Not sure if people are aware or not but over on True Sainters we are currently running a bunch of silent auctions to try and raise as much money as possible for the people affected by the Queensland Floods. All money raised is donated straight to the Relief Appeal. We have already raised over $400 in under 1 week. If you would like to take part or want further information then please check it out HERE

Its not much but every little bit will help those affected by these horrific events.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The river would have to rise another 20m on top of its current level to flood us. Unlikely but we look like being stranded here at least for a while. :(

The waters here rise fairly quickly but they drain quite quickly away as well - so not too worried.

Still have power and internet. Have gathered all my family with me so I know they are safe. Enough food for a few days only - ours shops are getting pretty sparse now. Many are closed those open ones are getting emptied by panic buyers.

The river would have to rise another 20m on top of its current level to flood us. Unlikely but we look like being stranded here at least for a while. :(

The waters here rise fairly quickly but they drain quite quickly away as well - so not too worried.

Still have power and internet. Have gathered all my family with me so I know they are safe. Enough food for a few days only - ours shops are getting pretty sparse now. Many are closed those open ones are getting emptied by panic buyers.

I supply retail, and it's going to be difficult for a while...no way out or in for stock.

Just listening to ABC, they have some real concerns for Ipswich Kildonan

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...he-1974-disaster/story-e6freoof-1225985745086
``By midnight today river levels at Ipswich will reach the 18-19 metre mark, peaking some time during Wednesday at around 21-22 metres,'' she said.

``By comparison the 1974 peak was 20.6 metres.

``So in both Ipswich and Brisbane we are anticipating flood levels across the areas of '74 levels and above.

``Ipswich and Brisbane are now facing their greatest threat and toughest test in more than 35 years.''

just out of curiosity checked international reports

Kildonan I trust you and others including batnoe and Bakes fan are doing this
RESIDENTS SANDBAG HOMES, TIE UP CROCODILES
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Some parts of the city outskirts were being evacuated, while crocodiles at a nearby Sunshine Coast zoo founded by the late television wildlife star Steve Irwin were being tied up in case they escaped in the deluge.

http://www.euronews.net/newswires/679719-australia-floods-kill-8-as-deluge-continues/

Daughter no1 got evacuated from the Brisbane CBD around lunchtime. The CBD!!! Young and carefree, she thought it was great she would get the afternoon off work. Oh to be young again.
Just don't take any risks, down out way two people I know have been swept away by the Tweed river, fortunately both are safe, but one was swept under a log, lucky to be alive.

Hey Kildonan,
Stay safe, mate... It's gonna be a hairy few days ahead for Brisbane.

Sean's in Brisbane at the moment at the Australian Tricking Gathering.
He's camped out at the South Pine Sporting Complex in Brendale.

Mackay's fine at the moment, but we're ready to activate the Disaster Management Centre at a moments notice. We're expecting the rough stuff again when the equator makes it's way back through here in February.

Long range forecasts estimate 6-8 cyclones along the QLD coast this season...This is already one of the biggest disasters in Australian history; and it's a long way from over

Got family that live just outside Grantham that lost the lot.

They no shit got my sister, brother in law, two kids and a dog out in a kayak. Tied it to a tree and watched their house disintergrate.

They had no warning.

Got family that live just outside Grantham that lost the lot.

They no shit got my sister, brother in law, two kids and a dog out in a kayak. Tied it to a tree and watched their house disintergrate.

They had no warning.

So glad to hear of someone who made it out hater, I can only pray that this is not a unique story, and that there are plenty more similar survival stories by todays end.

I'd bet you'd be feeling like giving them all a big hug right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Queensland Flood Crisis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back