Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Puma made Collingwood's barcode
After 20 years the cuffs and collar has faded
I didn't realise that was Puma, you learn something everyday

NSW.gif

This jumper?
The vector artwork is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak4FHnTjWwzmqSz6I8mRvJyM1FZn

Was wondering if anyone could help out - I'm currently working with ISC to recreate my club's 1992 guernsey to commemorate the 25th anniversary of our first and only Sydney AFL first grade premiership for next season, and am trying to make it as authentic as possible. However I am unable to find artwork for the old NSWFL logo anywhere. I've asked the NSW AFL if they have it but I won't hold my breath. The logo itself is of a waratah inside a shield, with a football on top as worn by the guy in the attached pic. If anyone has a copy of it I would be very grateful. Will share the ISC template / artwork when it is completed!

Cheers

!logo 1990.jpg

Gday peeps. First time caller, long time listener of the FJ&GD thread.:D
I posted this on the Saints board . About a jumper i have that im not 100% sure about its exact origin . I think it might be a St Kilda reserves jumper???

Ok i was at a Saints family day yrs ago. Not sure of the exact yr but i do know Nathan Burke was still playing.
At a merchandise table i found this Crusader jumper. Obviously its from the Pura Milk sponsorship yrs. Think i paid $20 for it. As i was walking off the oval i saw Burkey and asked him to sign it which he did front and back.
But if you look at the 2nd and 3rd pics you can see it has a real half arsed AFL patch crudely sewn over a VFL logo.

So whats with the AFL patch over the top?
Why would a post VFL Saints jumper have the VFL logo on it?
Was it a reserves jumper? Did we wear crusaders in the reserves in 1999 and if so why the VFL logo?
Ok jumper Geeks i want answers please:D
319547_dcbc445ca0ab6a7b0c0c88eb88ee651b.jpeg
319548_4997b7f29b47b1350d7c6c66d9b09b10.jpeg
319550_89d59e91c2b67e9d0ae8f6d87c9930b7.jpeg
319551_c70f076a7693b56ba28c3b7c208ae515.jpeg

Gday peeps. First time caller, long time listener of the FJ&GD thread.:D
I posted this on the Saints board . About a jumper i have that im not 100% sure about its exact origin . I think it might be a St Kilda reserves jumper???

Ok i was at a Saints family day yrs ago. Not sure of the exact yr but i do know Nathan Burke was still playing.
At a merchandise table i found this Crusader jumper. Obviously its from the Pura Milk sponsorship yrs. Think i paid $20 for it. As i was walking off the oval i saw Burkey and asked him to sign it which he did front and back.
But if you look at the 2nd and 3rd pics you can see it has a real half arsed AFL patch crudely sewn over a VFL logo.

So whats with the AFL patch over the top?
Why would a post VFL Saints jumper have the VFL logo on it?
Was it a reserves jumper? Did we wear crusaders in the reserves in 1999 and if so why the VFL logo?
Ok jumper Geeks i want answers please:D
319547_dcbc445ca0ab6a7b0c0c88eb88ee651b.jpeg
319548_4997b7f29b47b1350d7c6c66d9b09b10.jpeg
319550_89d59e91c2b67e9d0ae8f6d87c9930b7.jpeg
319551_c70f076a7693b56ba28c3b7c208ae515.jpeg
Paging St Mark as he has the same jumper as you.

Hmmm .
I know not of this StMark you speak of but im interested in what he has to say.
In 2000 or so the Saints, along with most teams, had a reserves team in the VFL. That's why you have the VFL logo on it. I don't know why there is an AFL logo over it.

In 2000 or so the Saints, along with most teams, had a reserves team in the VFL. That's why you have the VFL logo on it. I don't know why there is an AFL logo over it.
Maybe the Saints thought a VFL jumper wouldnt be much of a selling item so quickly sewed AFL patch on to flog it.??
If thats what it is im pretty happy to have one of our last ever reserves jumpers.
Worth sweet F-all but still interesting:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Hmmm .
I know not of this StMark you speak of but im interested in what he has to say.

Edit.
Ding Dong moment.
Oh St Mark yes. I have read his posts. Yeah he should clear it up no worries:thumbsu:
I thought we were mates, Snakey.

It's pretty much been covered already, but yeah, we fielded our own standalone VFL side in 2000 (imagine how much debate on the Saints board it would have saved if we'd kept it). I'm not sure why we felt the need to cover up the VFL logo, but about a month ago I found this photo from our 2002 pre-season camp in Anglesea.

135165.jpg

Here's mine, alongside the modern equivalent. Funny that you have 3 and I have 4. I wore mine to probably about 50 games, including the '09 grand final.

t0YD21b.jpg

zYiyXxb.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we were mates, Snakey.

It's pretty much been covered already, but yeah, we fielded our own standalone VFL side in 2000 (imagine how much debate on the Saints board it would have saved if we'd kept it). I'm not sure why we felt the need to cover up the VFL logo, but about a month ago I found this photo from our 2002 pre-season camp in Anglesea.

135165.jpg

Here's mine, alongside the modern equivalent. Funny that you have 3 and I have 4. I wore mine to probably about 50 games, including the '09 grand final.

t0YD21b.jpg

zYiyXxb.jpg
Nice:thumbsu:
Yeah for some stupid reason i was thinking it was a different " St Mark" on the 'Jumpers' thread than the Saints Thread.:drunk:
Its a good little jumper for the collection. I just picked the AFL patch off yesterday as im happy to have one of our last ever reserves jumpers.
As you wouldve noticed its a nice 'thick n heavy' quality jumper. Not the kind off top youd wanna wear at the Gabba on a sticky humid day :eek:
I remember when buying it at the merch stall at Moorabbin it was cheap as.
Good find :thumbsu:

Last edited:
If west coast made it to the GF and could wear either the navy wings or the royal wings would they choose to wear the royal?
They've worn Royal in every grand final they've played, so it's fairly safe to assume they'd continue with that.

North playing the waiting game for when we next host them in a Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back