Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I recently found a Collingwood barcode jumper, without a collar. Some of you have seen my barcode jumper which is exactly the same as above except it has a collar flap and no number
I'm wondering if players had the option of having collar flaps on their jumpers or not, just to verify that mine is a PI for sure

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 257
I recently found a Collingwood barcode jumper, without a collar. Some of you have seen my barcode jumper which is exactly the same as above except it has a collar flap and no number
I'm wondering if players had the option of having collar flaps on their jumpers or not, just to verify that mine is a PI for sure

It's possible the jumper may have come like that from puma or Sav may not have liked the collar and asked to have it removed.

makri, just wondering, the Swooping Magpie jumper. Mine has the Primus sponsor on the front but I have only ever seen the TAC sponsor on the front. Is mine legit?

makri, just wondering, the Swooping Magpie jumper. Mine has the Primus sponsor on the front but I have only ever seen the TAC sponsor on the front. Is mine legit?

I can answer that, Primus was our sponsor in from 1998-2001 and we first wore the swooping magpie jumper during the 2001 Ansett Pre-Season Cup. So yes, it's legit

143838.jpg

Ok guys, i posted this in the Creat a guernsey thread, but realised asking it here would be better. So I've made a design in paint. Is it at all possible to add textures to the said design in either Paint.Net or Gimp without the design being washed out. For example, I added the texture as a layer to a black based design, merged the layers (merge down I think) and it finished up with being a very light grey. I tried fiddling with options but it either had the same effect, gave the negative of the colour or didn't appear. Help?

i've seen a few old north jumpers with the first AFL logo and a small fosters logo sitting half over and half above it. Was this from some fosters or international cup?

i've seen a few old north jumpers with the first AFL logo and a small fosters logo sitting half over and half above it. Was this from some fosters or international cup?
More likely from an International game, sponsored by Fosters.
They are most likely jumpers sold at the game though, not necessarily jumpers used in the game itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorry for a really basic question, but I've read the first 20 pages of this thread to no avail....

what year did the teams switch from acrylic to polyester jumpers? was it done by every team at the same time or was it gradual?

sorry for a really basic question, but I've read the first 20 pages of this thread to no avail....

what year did the teams switch from acrylic to polyester jumpers? was it done by every team at the same time or was it gradual?
From what I assume, it was gradual. Not sure the time frame though.

1995 saw the first printed jumpers, in the preseason comp.
During that year, especially early that year, some players wore them in warmer weather, though usually not the whole team.
By 1997-98 most teams had adopted them and were using them each week.
This was when the first apparel manufacturer sponsorships were used.

During that year, especially early that year, some players wore them in warmer weather, though usually not the whole team.
This was when the first apparel manufacturer sponsorships were used.

Following on from that, Collingwood's 2000 home jumper was the last non-printed jumper in the AFL.

151115.jpg

cool. I'd narrowed it down to 96/97.... but was getting confused, as going by pictures, its a mixed bag. cheers

Following on from that, Collingwood's 2000 home jumper was the last non-printed jumper in the AFL.

151115.jpg
So, is this a retail or they started printing late 2000?
SDC11433.png
The only thing non-printed is the adidas patch at the bottom

Mero since 2011, North Melbourne wear side panels on all jumpers, including the Debt Reduction one, that are made out of liquid titanium. Did you want a pic of the material used on the side panel on my PI?

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back