Questions/suggestions for RFC Official

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could look at putting all videos across onto YouTube as well

I'd strongly suggest that you do this. Roar vision is a great initiative but it is hamstrung by the fact that we have to use the shitty bigpond video service, which rarely if ever works correctly. Youtube is both far superior and more accessible.

I think it is obvious that we will not get comment on the playing list and all announcements will be made by the club first.

We love the fact that the club is seeking our input in marketing and promotion decisions.

Lets keep the questions sensible and within the range that he can answer.

We will delete questions regarding the playing group.

Another thing I've seen on team pages that I thought was a good idea for us,

The player profiles instead of having a dorky "school photo" they could have a picture of the player "in action" breaking a tackle, running with ball in hand etc.

To me it looks much more imressive. Take a look at the link for an example of what I'm talking about.

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/playe.../senior/season/2010/selected/bio/default.aspx

To me it looks much more imressive. Take a look at the link for an example of what I'm talking about.
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/playe.../senior/season/2010/selected/bio/default.aspx

Wow, the Geelong Player profiles are so much better than ours. Take note RFC! Chappy's page has every career defining moment on it since before he was even drafted! I would love to have our Tigers players have complete profiles like this. :)

I'd strongly suggest that you do this. Roar vision is a great initiative but it is hamstrung by the fact that we have to use the shitty bigpond video service, which rarely if ever works correctly. Youtube is both far superior and more accessible.

I've been doing all Richmond match highlights, interviews, post match songs, pressers, hilarities, features et cetera for the year on my youtube channel youtube.com/user/OZsoph

it'd be something really lovely if you gave us access to some fan material like hi res wallpapers

Ooo please do! I always think this too, we don't have any good wallpapers or just general 'hero' player collages..

Can we bring back the members keyrings instead of the cheap and shitty looking showbag stuff we've been given over the past 10 years or so?

The keyrings looked class and had a real use for me. The other stuff just goes straight in the bin.

I am sure that the marketing people think our demographic is close to Collingwood's but dammit I am sick of getting cheap crap out of China that I will never use.

Thanks for taking the effort to participate in the board though :)

I think it is obvious that we will not get comment on the playing list and all announcements will be made by the club first.

We love the fact that the club is seeking our input in marketing and promotion decisions.

Lets keep the questions sensible and within the range that he can answer.

We will delete questions regarding the playing group.

So as i exposed and suspected we are just a market research group

Savvy ... i guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RFC.

Can you please get rid of Coburg and reinstate the Richmond reserves, and now the Cricket club is relocating, get the ressies playing their home games at Punt Road. Thank you.

Baz

Best suggestion so far in this thread for mine. Would love to see this happen. How long is our current agreement with Coburg? Geelong and the Pies seem to have a real advantage with their current reserve structuring.

By the way, 'Welcome RFC Official', it's nice to know the club are listening with their ear to ground aswell.

Might be outside of RFC_Official's jurisdiction...but is there any chance of some insight into the pre-season training some of the boys do??? Just things like what they are expected to do away from the club in the off-season, and then what sort of things they do fitness wise to get them ready for 2011???

Spluff, I feel that there are advantages to the structure of Geelong and the Pies current set-ups. With all due respect to the Coburg Tigers, it doesn't hold the same appeal as watching our reserve players play in an RFC jumper as they did once before. I know Coburg has history of it's own and would be keen to retain their own colours, but give me yellow and black anyday over their current strip. If it wasn't for the name Coburg Tigers you would never even suspect a RFC relationship on VFL matchdays, for the uninitiated they would appear to have more in common with the demons or the bombers. This would impact on gate takings and general supporter numbers for our twos. I feel that a stand alone RFC reserve side would also achieve greater personal and financial support from our members than the current agreement does as we are all more likely to donate both time and coin to Richmond than we are to Coburg.
It would also be nice to know that all players aligned to the RFC are always under our guidance and our influence only, without the management of a second party involved.
The relationship has worked so far, but I personally feel that we could be better served by being a stand alone club.

- RFC website updates. I'd really like for parts of the website to be consistently updated. I'm pretty sure the Game Day Info section hadn't been changed since round 17 even by round 22. Also things like Training session times, events, player information, blah blah. Good to see there have been a few event photo albums uploaded this year though!

- Family day. I didn't mind this year's one at Craigieburn even though Jell's Park is 10mins away from me. It was dusty as hell though, I think I ended up with a thin layer of dirt from the knees down haha. I do find Family day a bit frustrating though, and I'm not sure if I'll go again next year. It always seems to be really hot, then the lines are infinity people long, and I'm way too impatient for life. I'm not very creative though so excuse the lack of suggestions.. but I just don't find it that appealing anymore. Anything that is more relaxed I guess, I mean this year the first one who I spoke to and got a photo with was Hardwick, that was probably the highlight of my day because he was just so laid back and nice. Didn't have to line up, chase him down etc.

- The off season. Perhaps anyone here could enlighten me, but I only found out halfway through this year that the club had my email wrong so I've missed out on a lot of correspondence, but what is it like during the off season? It would be cool to be kept up to date when the players are back from holidays etc. I became obsessed with this site last year because it was the best source of information after the season had ended and I needed to feed my addiction somehow.

- And finally, I totally applied to be a volunteer at the end of last year/start of this year and no one from the club even contacted me, not even to reject me. What's up with that? :( Let me love you for free!

Wouldn't we get to have our second 22 all playing together every week at the highest level outside AFL and not be hamstrung by those stupid 16/6 & 12/10 rules?

...and thanks for answering my paypal question RFCO...:thumbsu:.and I'd just like to add...please don't go recruiting hacks like Bachar Houli...:thumbsdown:

Coburg reserves are exactly like Collingwood and Geelong reserves except they are not called Richmond. Their coach is David Newitt our assistant coach, and has been all the way back to Andy Collins (who we should have done everything we could to hang onto) Their board has a Richmond majority on it. We control coburg Collingwood never controlled williamstown hence they went stand alone. As for the 12/10 rule that's about who you are playing and is across the entire VFL so a stand alone reserves is not a way around that rule.

Might be outside of RFC_Official's jurisdiction...but is there any chance of some insight into the pre-season training some of the boys do??? Just things like what they are expected to do away from the club in the off-season, and then what sort of things they do fitness wise to get them ready for 2011???

Something that surprised me, even though the boys are on holiday at the moment (one of the boys is about to head to Africa for example) they still have a fitness program to take care of. Even on holidays they have to keep running!

Savvy ... i guess

Well if this is just a "market research group" you will be the most looked after market research group out there.

We want to get a few fans in here for a feedback night, get you guys access to the new rooms...you will be taken care of don't worry about that.

Savvy ... i guess

Jeez that's pretty cynical iddy ( but i defend your right to be cynical).

I am rapt that the club has taken this initiative without anyone from here asking. Shows me that perhaps the ship IS finally being turned around off field as well as on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back