Questions/suggestions for RFC Official

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how come the club never releases any info on the contract extensions ect that players sign?? we heard about jack and dustin yet we have heard nothing OFFICIAL about tuck we heard on the tv during a game hes got a new contract we also know nothing about players who might be targets for the goldcoast like mcguane

i get really frustrated with the lack of communication from the club about the matters that we really care about

how come the club never releases any info on the contract extensions ect that players sign?? we heard about jack and dustin yet we have heard nothing OFFICIAL about tuck we heard on the tv during a game hes got a new contract we also know nothing about players who might be targets for the goldcoast like mcguane

i get really frustrated with the lack of communication from the club about the matters that we really care about

Tuck
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...act-at-punt-road/story-e6frg7mf-1225897724880

Can't be bothered with further googling to come up with the news article on McGuane, contract extensions are usually found within other articles, get your facts straight first please before whinging to the club. McGuane is NOT trade bait, he signed a new contract during the year if memory serves.

I agree. Why cant they have something simple on the web site showing contract dates. I am just about to give up on this thread as its a waste of time because no questions are answered. All huff and puff and full of fluffy stuff.

I agree. Why cant they have something simple on the web site showing contract dates. I am just about to give up on this thread as its a waste of time because no questions are answered. All huff and puff and full of fluffy stuff.

This thread is two days old !

Hardly a waste of time. Do you really think that 30 odd questions can be answered by one man accurately in two days - not to mention other forums stig must be browsing.

The club comes on and tries to open up some line of communication with faceless internet posters and cops ridicule because they are not doing enough FFS !

I think RFC official is doing fine. i asked a question today and got a reply today so thank you and keep it up as it is appreciated.

some more questions though.

when will you be letting us know about any debt demolish campaign? i know you said soon but i have many impatient views on what soon is:)

also, you didn't answer me about knights, would he be considered by the club for a role of any sort?

can you spill the beans on who may be getting put up for trade during trade week and who is likely to be delisted?

what is tony free's position at the club?

are the tigers likely to have another practice match up in north queensland any time soon? will be my only chance to see them unless i win lotto and move back to melbourne

Plenty of questions are answered. This is just a PR guy, obviously it's going to take him a while to get answers to any non-PR related questions, and that's whether he is allowed to answer them.

Personally, if I was a player I would think it is no-one's business how long I signed a contract for. I would assume that the privacy act would back up this point.

Who in their real jobs would like private information to be freely available to the public?

All this angst is just because at a certain age (late teens - early 20's) we like to get all tied in knots about who is coming out of contract so we can play little mind games in the off season about who we can trade and who can't be poached from us.

I would not like it if the company I worked for started publishing the length of my contract online.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, if I was a player I would think it is no-one's business how long I signed a contract for. I would assume that the privacy act would back up this point.

Who in their real jobs would like private information to be freely available to the public?

All this angst is just because at a certain age (late teens - early 20's) we like to get all tied in knots about who is coming out of contract so we can play little mind games in the off season about who we can trade and who can't be poached from us.

I would not like it if the company I worked for started publishing the length of my contract online.

As members shouldnt we be privy to that? Im not wanting to know how much, just how long.

I'd just like to say I am wrapped in what the club has done this year - so many positives on and off the field. This current initiative is another positive. I have been a country member for six years and followed the tiges since 66 and this is my first post.

Asan experienced bsuiness owner/manager and a country member I guess I have three comments.

One - I see something will be announced soon but I think debt demolition is critical to get more forward momentum in club overall health.

Secondly, I find that as a country member, it is very hard to participate in many club activities for supporters so many things I receive don't interest me due to travel/time problems.

I live in Warrnambool and I know there are a lot of Richmond supporters in the South-West. We would love a visit for a training run as other clubs do or a few players to visit for a meet the supporters night. It would help country members in any region feel more a part of the club.

I mean I appreciate just going to a few games each year and love the club but as an employee of a large national company I see how regional areas are often overlooked in some ways because of the city population and consumer base.

Last point
I appreciate the caps and scarves I have received in recent years as a member - perhaps a beanie could be substituted some time. It would come in handy some days at games.

Anyway thanks for your time - keep up the good work at RFC

I'd just like to say I am wrapped in what the club has done this year - so many positives on and off the field. This current initiative is another positive. I have been a country member for six years and followed the tiges since 66 and this is my first post.

Asan experienced bsuiness owner/manager and a country member I guess I have three comments.

One - I see something will be announced soon but I think debt demolition is critical to get more forward momentum in club overall health.

Secondly, I find that as a country member, it is very hard to participate in many club activities for supporters so many things I receive don't interest me due to travel/time problems.

I live in Warrnambool and I know there are a lot of Richmond supporters in the South-West. We would love a visit for a training run as other clubs do or a few players to visit for a meet the supporters night. It would help country members in any region feel more a part of the club.

I mean I appreciate just going to a few games each year and love the club but as an employee of a large national company I see how regional areas are often overlooked in some ways because of the city population and consumer base.

Last point
I appreciate the caps and scarves I have received in recent years as a member - perhaps a beanie could be substituted some time. It would come in handy some days at games.

Anyway thanks for your time - keep up the good work at RFC

Yes, it's a winter sport......

Plenty of questions are answered. This is just a PR guy, obviously it's going to take him a while to get answers to any non-PR related questions, and that's whether he is allowed to answer them.

That's a good point. The footy department I'm sure would prefer we not instantly share things like contracts, playing situations, de-listings, etc but as a communications team we have to fight to let you guys in on that. Even with announcing the teams every Thursday, there are league rules about when we can share that information.

As soon as I know anything footy related, I post it on Facebook, Twitter and will be here soon as well. I'm not holding any great info back, but I hope you can understand that just like any other business, we work on things internally that we'd like to keep quiet whether that be footy/marketing/development whatever.

We have some exciting opportunities coming up for us shortly in a whole variety of facets both on/off field but I think, but nothing has been decided upon. When I said we're in discussion with the cricket club, we are in discussion with the cricket club. Nothing is finalised.

RE: 'Debt demolition' I think you'll start seeing us promote and raise awareness of that campaign early next year. Lot of planning needs to go into that.

If you read the 'introducing' post, it explains exactly why I'm here.

I never said I was here to leak info. Hope you hang around though, I want your feedback too!

As members shouldnt we be privy to that? Im not wanting to know how much, just how long.

I think it's definitely a different culture here.

If you asked me about NBA contracts I could tell you how long they go for and what dollars they earn, but as a sport we don't publish that. Journo's are typically the ones that source that out, we were happy to tell you Dustin/Jack signed on for 2 extra years, but it was only when Robbo wrote the story did he give a ball park figure of the $'s.

In saying that, what I can find out for you I will pass on.

Stig,

Thanks for coming on BigFooty, its great to see the RFC starting something like this, im sure other clubs will follow shortly.

We started the handing out footballs to fans after a win aswell!!

When can we expect the new Punt Rd development to be finished?

Any chance you know if we will play the Lions again in Brisbane...Im excited at the prospect of having the tigers play twice in brisbane for 2 wins!! :thumbsu:

Stig,

Thanks for coming on BigFooty, its great to see the RFC starting something like this, im sure other clubs will follow shortly.

We started the handing out footballs to fans after a win aswell!!

When can we expect the new Punt Rd development to be finished?

Any chance you know if we will play the Lions again in Brisbane...Im excited at the prospect of having the tigers play twice in brisbane for 2 wins!! :thumbsu:

Players area will be finished around December, admin/institute and others will be finished closer to March.

I doubt we'd play Brisbane twice in one year at the Gabba, but the AFL does handle our scheduling

Players area will be finished around December, admin/institute and others will be finished closer to March.

I doubt we'd play Brisbane twice in one year at the Gabba, but the AFL does handle our scheduling

I think he was referring to the prospect of playing both GC and the Lions up there, seeing as the Rd.2 game vs GC at the Gabba has already been announced ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back