Questions/suggestions for RFC Official

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a similar issue with the club

club just asked for copies of the memberships I had and once they had them it was all cool and the records were updated.

I rang the club up today and spoke to a very helpful lady there in the membership area. She said she would follow it up with a manager and get back to me later in the day. They said that apparently back in 2002 the club sent a letter to all members asking them when they first became a member. Apparently my father didn't fill it in as the club don't have anything to say he sent it in. I find that hard to believe as both myself and my father always fill out anything that comes in the mail regarding RFC.

They said that if he can somehow show evidence of his memberships through a card or any other form then they can update it. Problem is he doesn't have anything that he can use as evidence. Who keeps membership records from over 30 years ago!

I guess there's not much we can do without any evidence, but i'd have to say i'm a little disappointed though.

I rang the club up today and spoke to a very helpful lady there in the membership area. She said she would follow it up with a manager and get back to me later in the day. They said that apparently back in 2002 the club sent a letter to all members asking them when they first became a member. Apparently my father didn't fill it in as the club don't have anything to say he sent it in. I find that hard to believe as both myself and my father always fill out anything that comes in the mail regarding RFC.

They said that if he can somehow show evidence of his memberships through a card or any other form then they can update it. Problem is he doesn't have anything that he can use as evidence. Who keeps membership records from over 30 years ago!

I guess there's not much we can do without any evidence, but i'd have to say i'm a little disappointed though.

worst case, check if a stat dec will help. no idea if the club will accept, but its a legally binding declaration

Hey RFCO, any truth to the rumour that that Troy Taylor didn't make it to NZ? There's been an unofficial sighting of him at Punt Rd yesterday, but the article on the club website says the entire playing group made it over there.

No knock on Troy if he wasn't allowed into the country or something along those lines. Just be good to know that he was either there or was at least keen as to get on the plane with the rest of the lads but wasn't able to because of reasons out of his control.

Cheers

RFC Official, has the club looked at our interstate membership package and thought that perhaps it is actually no benefit for those diehard fans not living in Victoria?

Every season we get asked to fill in a survey of what we think and every season my replies are the same, I am pretty sure my survey gets thrown into the too hard, minority basket.

For me particularly this season, I get no value from it living in Perth. Most supporters outside Melbourne only get to see the side once if your lucky twice but to me the interstate 5 package needs an overhaul as it contains a bunch of irrelevent offers.

I think if our club really wants to become national, we should start looking at how our fans who cant see the team play live very often can still benefit and feel part of the club.

At the moment I get the feeling you just want my money and add an extra digit to the overall membership number.

As someone who sits in on 2-3 meetings per week, and sees the hard work that Flea Weightman does specifically for interstate supporter groups, for you to say that we're just money grabbbing doesn't particularly sit well with me.

For our interstate fans we have flea as supporter groups manager who flies interstate 4-5 times a year to meet with these groups and organise them. Right now we're setting up ways for interstate groups to donate their $5-$10 pledges online so its easier for you guys. Not only that, but we just spent a great deal of time money and effort on building one of the best membership sites in the AFL.

Again, I'm obviously biased because Im on the other end, but I hope you don't think we're just money grabbing. We held the membership survey and implemented a whole lot of the feedback you guys gave us. Im not in membership, but work pretty closely with them, and they work pretty darn hard so I hope you know we're trying to make the membership experience better!

As someone who sits in on 2-3 meetings per week, and sees the hard work that Flea Weightman does specifically for interstate supporter groups, for you to say that we're just money grabbbing doesn't particularly sit well with me.

For our interstate fans we have flea as supporter groups manager who flies interstate 4-5 times a year to meet with these groups and organise them. Right now we're setting up ways for interstate groups to donate their $5-$10 pledges online so its easier for you guys. Not only that, but we just spent a great deal of time money and effort on building one of the best membership sites in the AFL.

Again, I'm obviously biased because Im on the other end, but I hope you don't think we're just money grabbing. We held the membership survey and implemented a whole lot of the feedback you guys gave us. Im not in membership, but work pretty closely with them, and they work pretty darn hard so I hope you know we're trying to make the membership experience better!
I'm really loving the look and feel of the new membership and online presence, and the print media you've sent out is first class.:thumbsu:

RFCO, for those of us who selected the $10 gift voucher to the tiger den with our membership, when and how do we receive it?

screenshot20101125at105.png

Well? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

keep up the great work rfc official. realy starting to feel gale, march, hardwick and co have got this ship going in the right direction , hopefully soon will be marching towards sept.

RFCO I think that if you are a gold member you should get free social club membership as a reward and recognition , istead of a scarf or cap. I have 20 caps and scarfs i would like to feel a bit more important to the club and get a bit more after parting with nearly $1700 dollars a year, because i pay for my 2 sons and my grandsons memberships each year.My youngest son is 14years old and he is a gold member already

Really not playing favourites, as far as I can tell BF/PRE are our 2 biggest fan sites. And honestly sometimes I struggle posting news/answers on 2 sites, let alone 4 or 5 it would be near impossible to have an active presence on more than 2

[/end rant]
fair point .however these sites do sponsor players and have as much right as the bigger sites to info from rfc.maybe you could post a link of anything relevant so these people can read it.are they the forgotten ones.

Q for RFC official, In more recent times of my 28 years membership, I have dug a little deeper and contributed a lil extra for what's termed a GF guarantee or some may suggest a donation. In any case the premise for this when introduced was it was to be capped and we would get first rights in renewing ea year. I was perusing the net the other day and was livid to read that this option was to expire with any GF guarantee linked to a social club membership. Please say it isn't so:confused:

Hey PRR. I gotta concur with RFCO here. In May this year a few of us down in Hobart were asked to start a local supporters group for us interstate Tigers who cant afford to get to games, although it is obviously a bit easier for us than you. Flea helped getting us up and going and suffice to say its been awesome. Not only do we get great support from the Club in any way they can, we now have a place where 100-150 Tigerheads can go everytime we play and be in a Den of our own. We have a mailing list of over 300 and membership of 220 all since launching in late May. We actually sold a lot of 3 game RFC memberships as well!

I know there is a group in WA, I assume Perth and I'd highly recommend you give 'em a go if they have functions etc similar to us. We all know that our memberships to the Club often represent a bit of a donation given how often most can get to games but through this venture many of us have been revitalised and are more than happy to shell out a few bob in the Punt Rd direction. Its not a day at the G with Tugga, Bo, Iddy, Harv and Goldie but its the next best thing! You are not alone!!

Q for RFC official, In more recent times of my 28 years membership, I have dug a little deeper and contributed a lil extra for what's termed a GF guarantee or some may suggest a donation. In any case the premise for this when introduced was it was to be capped and we would get first rights in renewing ea year. I was perusing the net the other day and was livid to read that this option was to expire with any GF guarantee linked to a social club membership. Please say it isn't so:confused:

Less than 24 hours for a response, you're a hard task master. I emailed membership but didnt get a response, but I believe the question was answered in the Gary March chat

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/gary march chat/tabid/16923/default.aspx

LOL i remember the country membership package that included a meet the players supper after the final game at the Dome. Some half eaten dried up sandwiches and Ray hall was about the extent of that exercise.

The meet the players function after the Auslab Legends game this year was pretty ace. Catering was good and got to shake Dimma's hand. All the players were there, chatted to Hicks, man he has a deep voice for someone so small haha. It's very easy to confuse Tuck and his dad, the latter almost looks fitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back