Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Hawthorn

Top 5 v Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea credit to them they’ve built that list largely thru r2/3s and 4-5 B grade imports that have collectively improved the squad , removing any spuds ,,, like the ones we see dropping simple overhead marks uncontested or big blokes with hands like dinner plates
Chol as an example. Wow hasn’t he improved. What a shame what a shame

He's the best forward 50 tackler in the comp among key forwards.
Would be easily our best forward. Still has a nice simple and accurate kick.

We are shite in lots of areas but our finishing is diabolical. I reckon half our team gives up after busting their ass and then watching some of those misses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club is at a low ebb at the moment. They must feel that they have to extend contracts of highly suspect players because they can't attract anyone better or have doubts about being able to develop new talent. St Kilda are an ordinary team and we lose by 8 goals. When you have players like Ryan who debuted 3 years ago ironically against St Kilda and had the distinction of scoring negative fantasy points repeat that astounding result today by also scoring -1 at half-time, that takes particular aptitude to achieve, 3 years on and this player struggles to take a mark in perfect conditions when he is the tallest player on the ground, has not improved and will not make it. I'm not a wrap for Miller, plays loose and lacks urgency, often executes poorly even without pressure, has been in the system now for 6 years, up and down and looked way outside of his depth against a reasonable player . McIntosh is hands down the least intelligent player we have, goofy, runs all day but somehow manages to not find the ball and when he does will perform a quasi-comedy routine, reminds me of an uncoordinated marionette, just terrible. Then there's Sonsie, weak, disposal skills are seriously overrated, been waiting for him to have a breakout season, given up. I could go on but I won't. Only positive I could see is that we can match many sides with our inside 50s, but many of those today were directly due to Rioli who we may lose at season's end, hope he stays.

Last edited:
Well at least Rioli reminded everyone of his trade value.
Next year we'll be historically uncompetitive. Take the worst team in the comp and remove the only three players who can move the ball (Rioli, Bolton, Baker)? We'll be lucky if we can average 5 goals a game. Dark decade ahead.
Oh ffs... calm down. It's round 22 or something. We lost by more in 2016 and won a flag the next year. The game turns quickly. It's never as good or bad as it seems. We've used 42 players this season. 1 player has played every game. The crap wrtten on here sometimes is hysterical.

Would be easily our best forward. Still has a nice simple and accurate kick.

We are shite in lots of areas but our finishing is diabolical. I reckon half our team gives up after busting their ass and then watching some of those misses
Started with Short today. Had momentum and a set shot from 30 straight in front to bring it back to a kick. He fluffs it and we don't kick another goal and added missed sitters from Prestia, Graham and Bauer (one other but I've forgotten it).

Sick of people blaming Short to be honest. There is no connection and no rhythm up the ground. We have all players turning it over for these reasons. This is a coaching problem... Things that make you go hmmm.

We need to have a look at what hawks are doing. Making teams look 2nd rate atm with their ball movement

main difference is they have an actual game plan

It's taken them a few years to get to that point.

People here are expecting Yze to do that in less than a year, when it took Mitchell a few years, with a more talented list.

Sick of people blaming Short to be honest. There is no connection and no rhythm up the ground. We have all players turning it over for these reasons. This is a coaching problem... Things that make you go hmmm.
The problem is when you compare Short against Rioli. Short is taking easy handball receives, then doing dinky little 30 metre passes or kicking the ball long to nobody. Compare his effort to Rioli.

Changes (based on the 1.5 qtrs I watched after getting off a plane...)

Out: Samson, Kamdyn (to sub), Miller, Dow

In: Blight, Sonsie (as a mid, Hopper to play across half-forward), Ross, Smith (from sub to starting 22)

Possibly add Cumbo just for the lols instead of Kamydn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Hawthorn

Back