Think Tank Questions you need answered

Remove this Banner Ad

much of his idiocy comes from not bothering to learn how to be a human.

He is a bit of a dud, but at least I guess you could say he at least with his life in the past he volunteered for remote indigenous work, was a volunteer firefighter and volunteer life saver (including a little known incident where he saved a kids life) and started a yearly fundraising event which now totals $3m per year to charity all BEFORE he was a politician.

Actually, he is a bit of a literal campaigner come to think of it.

c41220cfe4f7c510921d0f7dfa32199ff6b4ac6d7613ce0344335d6e723e5fb6.jpg
And Fyfie, I reckon Brick would agree with my advice.

Having elements of being a campaigner is not such a bad thing for a politician given you have to tell lots of people that you are taking lots of their money or giving them less.

People joke about the shirtfront comment but no other leader, Obama included, has had the minerals to challenge Putin in such an overt way. I reckon he could have done a little better ( but given he is cleaning up the mess often left by his ministers that is always likely) but he has done far better than a lot give him credit for.

Last edited:
Having elements of being a campaigner is not such a bad thing for a politician given you have to tell lots of people that you are taking lots of their money or giving them less.

People joke about the shirtfront comment but no other leader, Obama included, has had the minerals to challenge Putin in such an overt way. I reckon he could have done a little better ( but given he is cleaning up the mess often left by his ministers that is always likely) but he has done far better than a lot give him credit for.
He's been great for the fat mining mole rhinehart and the fellow preists/Catholics everywhere .

Such a dud

Safety my ring. The team bosses have team tshirts on.
It's idiocy plain and simple

Well maybe the bosses tshirts are sprayed with fire Rhetardant. Special safety tshirts mate.

You stinkin horfawn campaigners win back to back flags and all of sudden are fashion police constables and flamability experts.

Pull your head in Patterson ya smelly freak clown.

You are ****ing lucky that I don't post on BF anymore mate.

Well maybe the bosses tshirts are sprayed with fire Rhetardant. Special safety tshirts mate.

You stinkin horfawn campaigners win back to back flags and all of sudden are fashion police constables and flamability experts.

Pull your head in Patterson ya smelly freak clown.

You are ******* lucky that I don't post on BF anymore mate.
If you don't post on BF anymore, what the **** are you doing here you wannabe Hawk supporting, scum sucking **** wad.

If you don't post on BF anymore, what the **** are you doing here you wannabe Hawk supporting, scum sucking **** wad.

How the **** do I answer that question if I don't post anything on BF anymore.?

You Hawfawn campaigners are all the same. I dodnt know one Hawforn freak who has a copy of the 1987 GF replay.

You are ****ing lucky that I can't post anymore, otherwise your smelly stinkin Patterson carcass would be hanging in the putrid stench.

I can't even defend myself by telling you to pack bags and scram the **** out of my country.

You must get your kicks out of sticking your boots into people who can't defend themselves.

You're a cruel week clown maggot Patterson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who wouldn't vote Green. GOAT political party.
My stock portfolio tells me to vote Liberals because Labor and Greens will try and tax/nationalise the lot when they either overspend or to make their pet projects more "competitive"

Ok serious question time Bay:

WARNING! LONG AND TEDIOUS EL DUBYA RANT:

I have been working in a shit hole country school for most of this year. I recently was hired by a very nice school in inner city Melbourne where I'll be able to actually live with Mrs Dubya, cycle to work all while enjoying fine inner city dining. I will once again be able to live as a hipster flog.

I'm also moving from the government sector into independent. Not only does this mean a lot more money (Mrs Dubya likes this) but it also means I'll need no references out recommendations from my current school.

Now here is my conundrum: For a long time I have felt like my current school didn't support me; for instance I was the least experienced teacher at the school, I really struggled with some of the dirty hillbilly students, yet every teacher bar me had students shifted out of their classes for behavioural reasons. A student attempted to assault me, and a week later he was dropped back into my class. A student sexually harassed me, no follow up. As an inner city flog I didn't really gel with most of the staff, I'm also a bit of a loner and was the only man in my office, but this week I found out that they were constantly bitching about me behind my back.

So my question is Bay, since I no longer need these bumpkins, and they all think I'm a campaigner anyway, should I get shit faced at the Christmas party and tell them all to eat a bag of dicks, to not be such simple minded **** faces, and to be less of a bitchy little clique?

RANT OVER
Trust me, not a good idea. People talk, you might move back into the public system at some stage.
My Mum's taught in country school's for most of my life, I know what it's like. Sadly it's pretty common for young teachers to end up in your sort of situation. All that does is weed out the good ones. Yay for education policy in Australia, what a ****ing mess. Please keep at it though, we need more teachers who are at the very least able to read, write, spell and add up.

As for your comments re: backwards hicks and so on- I feel the same way most of the time, and I'm a (former) country person. It's just an alternate universe in some places. Was never able to fit in there, and nor did I want to. It's a ****ing time warp. Beautiful place, pity about the people. It's not all bad, but not the sort of place you want to stay after a certain age. My Mum can't relate to most of the people she works with either, and a lot of them are women who are about the same age as her. You're far from alone in that regard.

That was a major embarrassment. Diplomacy doesn't work like that. At least Gillard realised that her understanding of foreign policy was limited.

Who wouldn't vote Green. GOAT political party.

They're not really, but they're a great option to have when the major parties need a slap in the face.

If the Liberal party were made up of effectively a bunch of Malcolm Turnbulls (as they should be), there'd be little need for the Greens.

They're not really, but they're a great option to have when the major parties need a slap in the face.
The greens are amazing, nearly all their policies are good. Australia would be an amazing place in the future if the greens had enough seats in parliament and Scott Ludlam was PM.

My stock portfolio tells me to vote Liberals because Labor and Greens will try and tax/nationalise the lot when they either overspend or to make their pet projects more "competitive"

Strange comment. The Howard government is ranked as the highest spending government in the history of Australia as we know it.

Your portofolio almost certainly benefits from high givernment spending which stimulates the economy.

Why do you prefer australian assets in foreign hands?

Like our so called energy and mining sectors which are 83% foreign owned. Mainly in the hands of US corporations which control about 60%.

Australian banks for exMple are not foreign controlled and are amongst the most regulated in the world, and yet they are AAA rated and weathered the 2008 GFC very well. In fact they directly benefited from the crash becuase overseas investors flooded to australia to park their deposits in save Australian banks.

Hose, all is not what is seems in this australian economy

Last edited:
The greens are amazing, nearly all their policies are good. Australia would be an amazing place in the future if the greens had enough seats in parliament and Scott Ludlam was PM.

They're so far unproven on economic policy so no one can say for sure what government they'd be.

They may be doing all they can to drag the major parties into the 21st century through social policy (as Abbott tries to drag us back to the 19th), but that's easier to do as a minor party because they're not ultimately responsible for the outcomes. It's a significant step from being a niche presence, with a lot more political freedom, due to a lot less accountability, to running the entire show.

They're so far unproven on economic policy so no one can say for sure what government they'd be.

They may be doing all they can to drag the major parties into the 21st century through social policy (as Abbott tries to drag us back to the 19th), but that's easier to do as a minor party because they're not ultimately responsible for the outcomes. It's a significant step from being a niche presence, with a lot more political freedom, due to a lot less accountability, to running the entire show.

The Torries in the UK recently described Abbott as a "16th century Flat Earther"

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...abbott-on-climate-policy-20141121-11qos6.html

No, he's done worse. Much worse.

Paul Keating is the kind of campaigner pollie you want. He would still make mincemeat of Abbott today.

I think inner city hipsters certainly vote green, not sure the outer real world Melbourne think the same way..

Maybe an off season poll is needed :straining:
I'm in the inner city but not a hipster. I voted for the Sex Party (I like their policies). And it's a safe Labor seat so it didn't matter who I voted for. Julian Burnside wrote me a letter asking me to vote for the Labor guy but he represented disgraced former Essendon coach James Hird, so I don't trust him.

If Big Bang Theory is a show about smart people, how come it's so ****ing stupid?

I'm in the inner city but not a hipster. I voted for the Sex Party (I like their policies). And it's a safe Labor seat so it didn't matter who I voted for. Julian Burnside wrote me a letter asking me to vote for the Labor guy but he represented disgraced former Essendon coach James Hird, so I don't trust him.

I voted Sex Party (also based on policies) at one of the last two federal elections, I forget which one. Preferenced them after the Greens this time too.

If Big Bang Theory is a show about smart people, how come it's so ******* stupid?

Because it's not a show aimed at smart people, it's a show aimed at people who still think it's funny to ridicule intellect.

But yeah, reminds me of this:

adbbt.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Tank Questions you need answered

Remove this Banner Ad

Back