Quinten Lynch announces retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Q, you big useless gorilla.
tumblr_m5plr9OpzO1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

;)

Was that when someone on our board made the multi-frame shot to show Lynchy was off the ground before he cannoned into the North players back? And then it got used somehow in the actual defence. :D
I think that was the 2012 elimination final. The one I was referring to was his trip vs North in Hobart, the same game Shuey got done for elbowing Thomas in the balls.

One of my favourite Eagles players (when he was with them). Sad to see him go, but writing was on the wall with Reid coming back, plus the addition of White etc.

Long live the Q Stick aka Captain Caveman

I threw my glove on the floor as a testament to him :thumbsu:

Aren't you a gynecologist?

Who else remembers Q before he was a rubber chested, 65m goal kicking, f-bomb dropping premiership player?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2004-05-04/lynch-suspended-fined-after-drink-drive-charge/1970136

Lynch was charged with driving under the influence, failing to stop, and reckless driving, and was bailed to appear in a Perth court on Thursday.

Facepalm-GIFS-1.gif

The driver was arrested after stopping the car and allegedly trying to run away.

laughing-gif.10714

Eagles skipper Ben Cousins said players had a responsibility to behave appropriately off the field.

"I think the coaches can get up and rant and rave about this sort of stuff as much as they like, but at the end of the day I think it's got to be player-driven and I think that's one area we are improving in," he said.

Stewie_2d7d19_1189759.gif

Too bad he didn't help the pies in winning a flag. That's why he was brought over to coll in favour of Dawes, yes?

Lynch was signed before Dawes left as a replacement for Leigh Brown - a role which Dawes was very poor in after being reasonable as a forward the year prior.

Had Dawes stayed he, Cloke and Lynch all would've played in the same side - form and injuries permitting.

For a man who couldn't take a chest mark he made a handy forward

One of the more powerful players around, Had the Bench press record at the eagles, Could roost that thing from 60m+, he was more reliable from the flank at 45m+ then anywhere 45 degrees inside the 50

he wasn't the most fashionable forward but he did his job, Pretty good career

Pretty versatile player, too.

Was been BOG for us playing as a forward and as a ruckman and on one occasion even polled a Brownlow vote playing as a midfielder. Can't think of too many that have done that, though it probably says as much about the depth of midfield talent we had at the time as it does Q's ability to pinch hit there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty versatile player, too.

Was been BOG for us playing as a forward and as a ruckman and on one occasion even polled a Brownlow vote playing as a midfielder. Can't think of too many that have done that, though it probably says as much about the depth of midfield talent we had at the time as it does Q's ability to pinch hit there.
I always thought of him as a bit more athletic more clumbsy way less talented homeless jarryd Roughead TBO. The type of bloke who if given one position could make a career out of it. As you said when Seaby was horrific Lynch was a more then capable of pinch hitting in the ruck

One thing people always talked about at the club was how hard this bloke trained might become a good development coach for the younger kids

Well done Qstick hopefully you play Friday night

One thing people always talked about at the club was how hard this bloke trained might become a good development coach for the younger kids

Well done Qstick hopefully you play Friday night
Would be harsh on him if he wasn't selected given the injury list at Collingwood

Will always love the Big Unit.

Never gave less than 100 per cent.

Tossing the glove away like it was rubbish.

That stupendously massive orbital kick that was a weapon.

Was surprisingly versatile, forward, ruck, link man on the wing and down the back.

Most of all loved his expressions and his clumsy bustling in your face attitude which was pure entertainment.

Screw you umpire

971102-quinten-lynch.jpg

Screw you kid

images

Screw you Jimmy Bartel

images

Screw you Docker I'm kicking it

images

Screw your decency

images

Screw you clash guernsey

587216-eagles.jpg