Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

If he can play half forward, or that spare outside mid role, then there's a spot for him. Mead hasn't taken his chance and neither has Evans and with Fantasia permanently injured and Rioli struggling, there's a chance there.

Don't mind it, I know zero about him. Just hope he's quick and can play forward.

Slots in ahead of Mead and Evans on the depth chart at mid and small forward. Could force McEntee out of the side, or maybe Rioli given he's probably had 1.5 good games for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly a spot up for grabs as that x-factor small forward.

Of our smalls- McEntee is probably safest, and I feel as though Narkle could very well shift Rioli to sub and give him a bit of a rocket.

Good selection.

I'm a Narkle stan so I'm biased - but a few things for anyone who may be interested:

• He is not a small forward, he's a midfielder
  • He could rest/rotate forward and knows how to kick a goal
  • Can win stoppages when engaged and has enough burst to accelerate away

I could see him being a decent foil for Rozee, JHF and Butters. From what I can see that's your clear three headed monster (and obviously Wines is still more than handy).

As a fifth mid that roles through and rests forward, I can see it being a good fit if he brings his best.

No one at Geelong doubted his talent but the biggest knock was his lack of defensive game, didn't show enough urgency when the other team had the ball. If he has tidied that up and brings more intensity and hunger he could play 50-100 games for you guys.

Hope he goes well!

No issues with this pick for me, a quality key back or ruckman wasn't super attainable via the mid season draft so I'll take this. A player cut from Geelong of all clubs is probably the best looking club to be cut from as at least it was a premiership quality player who edged him out of a spot. Will be very keen to see how many games he ends up playing this year but he's in a good age bracket to be a fixture in what should be our premiership window, being a year younger than Peps and Marshall. If reports of him being close with Ratugolea are true I hope the club is investing in the potential long game there and this ends up working as a sort of 2-for-1 deal too.

He has AFL experience at a successful club and after being delisted has shown a bit by bouncing back this year playing well in the VFL.
A big improvement on our previous mid season picks.

I'm a Narkle stan so I'm biased - but a few things for anyone who may be interested:

• He is not a small forward, he's a midfielder
  • He could rest/rotate forward and knows how to kick a goal
  • Can win stoppages when engaged and has enough burst to accelerate away

I could see him being a decent foil for Rozee, JHF and Butters. From what I can see that's your clear three headed monster (and obviously Wines is still more than handy).

As a fifth mid that roles through and rests forward, I can see it being a good fit if he brings his best.

No one at Geelong doubted his talent but the biggest knock was his lack of defensive game, didn't show enough urgency when the other team had the ball. If he has tidied that up and brings more intensity and hunger he could play 50-100 games for you guys.

Hope he goes well!
So you don't reckon he could play small forward?

Our need is a speedy, goal kicking, high half forward. Evans isn't showing enough just yet, we have a battler in McEntee playing a role, but Rioli is also not what we hoped for yet, and Fantasia can't get on the field. If he can apply pressure, win hard balls up forward and hit the scoreboard, there's a spot there.

Midfield wise, our 1st choice midfield is deep and strong. Rozee, Butters, JHF, Wines, Boak, SPP, Drew. He's behind all of them. It's the best midfield since we joined the AFL.

The only other spot we probably have is maybe wing. Duursma out with injury, so Mead is getting a chance but Narkle would be picked before Mead. Can he play outside?

If not either of those, he's probably gonna struggle to be more than SANFL depth for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back