Quotes

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypocrisy is a detriment to progress. There's always a hidden agenda.
Larry Flynt

False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade.
Christian Nestell Bovee

Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.
Vaclav Havel

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
Lewis Carroll

Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Never discourage anyone... who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
Plato

Start by doing what is necessary,:then do what is possible:And suddenly you are doing the impossible:
Francis of Assisi

Words, like nature, half reveal and half conceal the soul within.
Alfred Lord Tennyson

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
Helen Keller

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
Abraham Lincoln

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
Nelson Mandela

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Thomas Paine

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
Mark Twain

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
Nelson Mandela

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
Thomas Paine

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
Mark Twain

Can't have enough Thomas Paine.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
William Shakespeare

“If we could look into each others hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.”
Marvin J. Ashton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.”
Marvin J. Ashton

"When we paint, whether it is on our bodies for ceremony or on bark or canvas for the market, we're not just painting for fun or profit, we're painting as we always have done to demonstrate our continuing link with our country and the rights and responsibilities we have to it."
Galarrwuy Yunupingu

Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners.
Laurence Sterne

"Let me suggest somewhat whimsically that the heritage of fundamentalism was to Christian learning for Evangelicals like Chairman Mao's "Cultural Revolution" was for the Chinese. Both divorced a generation from mainline academia, thus making reintegration into larger worlds of learning a difficult, if not bewildering task".

Nathan O. Hatch. Historian.
cited in:
Scandal of the Evangelical Mind. Noll, Mark A. Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eerdmans.(1994).

"I have an equal distrust of ALL those with ideological biases, regardless of what those ideologies might be. Whether its Holocaust Deniers, Creationists and their ID puppets, atheists subscribing to pseudo historical nonsense or New Agers with their "Mythic Jesus" twaddle, I happily smite them all."

Tim O'Neill. Australian atheist and skeptic.
host of http://armariummagnus.blogspot.com.au/

No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.
Theodore Roosevelt

As we have no immediate experience of what other men feel, we can form no idea of the manner in which they are affected, but by conceiving what we ourselves should feel in the like situation.
Adam Smith

The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought and attended to my answer.
Henry David Thoreau

I'm contemplating thinking about thinking, it's overrated; get another drink and.. watch me come undone -
Robbie Williams

"If ye can stand up, you're not drunk."

"I'm too hungry to be a threat to anything but breakfast. Let a stray bannock come within reach, though, and I'll no answer for the consequences.”

“I'll tell ye, Sassenach; if ever I feel the need to change my manner of employment, I dinna think I'll take up attacking women - it's a bloody hard way to make a living.”
Jamie Fraser

B a privilege to have known this guy..

Most people have never learned that one of the main aims in life is to enjoy it.

The truest characters of ignorance are vanity and pride and arrogance.

Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them.

Neither irony or sarcasm is argument.
Samuel Butler

No legacy is so rich as honesty.
William Shakespeare

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

I believe in using words, not fists. I believe in my outrage knowing people are living in boxes on the street. I believe in honesty. I believe in a good time. I believe in good food. I believe in sex.
Bertrand Russell

Character is much easier kept than recovered.
Thomas Paine

No matter how inured you get to atrocities, you're still always stunned and shocked by how cruel and wasteful Homo sapiens can be.
Steven Pinker

You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Plato

Remove this Banner Ad

Back