Preview R:8 - Swans v Giants - 1:45pm SCG - Saturday 4 May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirkswan this Saturday is not the 8th of May
Okay smartie! Nobody else notices that huge screw up and now you've gone and blabbed it out loud everyone will know I can't count and/or read a calendar! :rolleyesv1: :tongueoutv1::roflv1: Lol!

Fixed! :embarrassedv1::laughv1::grinv1:

To be fair to Sam Taylor, I think I saw a little smugness vs Hawks with Chad casually strolling down the wing, a little hand wave for Errol to put on the after burners, receive the handball and lace out a bullet for a mark inside 50.
And I loved it.
No time for that against GWS though, and probably won't be 70pts ahead.

To be fair to Sam Taylor, I think I saw a little smugness vs Hawks with Chad casually strolling down the wing, a little hand wave for Errol to put on the after burners, receive the handball and lace out a bullet for a mark inside 50.
And I loved it.
No time for that against GWS though, and probably won't be 70pts ahead.
Agree

There was arrogance in some plays and hawks could not capitalise on turn over

We won’t get away with it this week

Maybe why horse was going nuts at times

Great preview

I am going Campbell out and Parker sub , stuff it like the midfield mix currently . Unless Adams is a bit hobbled of course .

Swans in a tight one by 48

I come in peace, for this exact moment.

I may have said some things in the past (2 days ago is still the past and not current) that may have been "degrading" to your club. But I'm a big enough Giant to admit that this is probably going to be the biggest, if not the best, Sydney Derby during the H&A since day dot.
Of course some have said there is a Sydney Derby GF in our future and that would make Vics heads explode so all good and hope that happens. Too early to tell now.

Numerous good calls above for Parker to start instead of Amartey, also liked the Sheldrick sub option though he may also need to be building fitness IDK.

Thumbs down on suggestions for Fox to be replaced. He's too good and his vision, and speed to work us out of trouble can't be replaced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing we could do is make Parker sub and swap Rowbottom for him at half time. Rowbottom's been amazing this year but we're getting next to nothing from him in second halves (averaging 6 touches and 3 tackles), and what better way to bring Parker into the mix without having to actually disrupt the mix than to simply swap one raging bull for another raging bull? Would ensure we get four quarters of raging bull-ness, which would be better than the two-at-most we've gotten most weeks, and would also keep both of them fresh.

Just not sure we'll be able to afford passengers for a half of footy against the best sides we'll be facing in the coming weeks.

Just an idea.

(Hides)

I come in peace, for this exact moment.

I may have said some things in the past (2 days ago is still the past and not current) that may have been "degrading" to your club. But I'm a big enough Giant to admit that this is probably going to be the biggest, if not the best, Sydney Derby during the H&A since day dot.
Of course some have said there is a Sydney Derby GF in our future and that would make Vics heads explode so all good and hope that happens. Too early to tell now.

No peace.

Numerous good calls above for Parker to start instead of Amartey, also liked the Sheldrick sub option though he may also need to be building fitness IDK.

Thumbs down on suggestions for Fox to be replaced. He's too good and his vision, and speed to work us out of trouble can't be replaced.
This is definitely the go if it's wet. Lots of grunt inside and mobility at both ends. Good matchups. Should not be considered as dropping Amartey but adjusting for conditions.
Different if it's dry but that appears unlikely. Greetings now from Tashkent, Uzbekistan 😄

No peace.
It can only ever be.
war GIF

One thing we could do is make Parker sub and swap Rowbottom for him at half time. Rowbottom's been amazing this year but we're getting next to nothing from him in second halves (averaging 6 touches and 3 tackles), and what better way to bring Parker into the mix without having to actually disrupt the mix than to simply swap one raging bull for another raging bull? Would ensure we get four quarters of raging bull-ness, which would be better than the two-at-most we've gotten most weeks, and would also keep both of them fresh.

Just not sure we'll be able to afford passengers for a half of footy against the best sides we'll be facing in the coming weeks.

Just an idea.

(Hides)

Not sure its Rowbottom off, but having Parker to come on after half time for whoever struggling is a impactful idea.
Plus gets him up to speed a bit easier, not just chucked back in v arguably the best side in the comp.

If we do get an early injury he wont be phased, and we reward existing good form

Not sure its Rowbottom off, but having Parker to come on after half time for whoever struggling is a impactful idea.
Plus gets him up to speed a bit easier, not just chucked back in v arguably the best side in the comp.

If we do get an early injury he wont be phased, and we reward existing good form
No doubt it'd be risky to say to one of our most important players alright you're subbed off now. But it would be just as risky to leave a guy out there who has maybe shown he isn't running out games well.

But would just like to see us maybe be a bit strategic about Parker's return and not just do the obvious in dropping someone in an unrelated role just because they're the safe bet as the 22nd/23rd best player in the side.

rule of thumb is by 50 games, you can get a good guage on a player. Campbell has played 55 and can't get a run after playing 23 last year. Too talented to be playing VFL. Whats the go?

rule of thumb is by 50 games, you can get a good guage on a player. Campbell has played 55 and can't get a run after playing 23 last year. Too talented to be playing VFL. Whats the go?

Gulden plays for Sydney

rule of thumb is by 50 games, you can get a good guage on a player. Campbell has played 55 and can't get a run after playing 23 last year. Too talented to be playing VFL. Whats the go? I would have thought he would have got a full game against Hawthorn, and not playing this week. Where does he play I guess. I rekon Jordons probably taking his spot but not like for like really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back