Preview R15 Fremantle FC -V- Richmond FC -=Who Will Win?=-

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pleased to say that we will be at the game. I plan to jump the fence and create my own illustrative divot. At the show-trial court appearance I'll call Eyebrows and Collins for some embarrassment from my lawyer. For the love of the game.

(I haven't briefed the wife on this plan yet - she might say no).

Richmond have had a hard fought win over Sydney and could be a bit flat.

Our boys will be motived by the Doin' it for Mickey B wristbands they will be wearing.

Hard-fought, but 10pts Freo.

Warning Danger! Danger! Danger Game!

Richmond has morphed into a fast running team playing hard for the ball and pressuring the opposition into turnovers. Similar to us in many respects how we have turned things around.
Even though we eventually blew them away at Subiaco earlier in the season they jumped us by about 4 or 5 goals early in the match and if they were playing like have been or the last month they would've melted us at home.
Recently over the last few seasons they have had a good record over us, and they just seem to match up well on the Freo' team. They have an emerging midfield lead by Dustin Grrrr Martin not to mention a maturing big name KP forward in Jack Riewoldt as well as that little Nahas who seems to rip it up against us every time he plays us.
Even though every game is essentially a 50/50 proposition, this is a danger game. If Freo aren't focused or stick to the 'process' we could get blown away. You only need to look at our last game at Subiaco to see the risks.
We also have a growing injury list not to mention the shattering disappointment of Barlow's broken leg to overcome but we really need to "turn up" for this game regardless of Richmond's position on the ladder.
On the plus side we may even debut some new faces. Perhaps Schammer will get a run and the possible return of Broughton and a few others.
I will be optimistic as always and I honestly believe our best can overcome Richmond's best, but make no mistake, Richmond are a young side on the big improve, so lets hope Harvey and the foot department can guide us to another valuable 4 premiership points to keep us entrenched in the top 4.

Freo by 12 points.

This one I think will be a close one. Although we play at Etihad which is almost an away game for Richmond as their home is the MCG. (But with Geel v Haw during the day at the G. I guess thats why we are playing at the dome)

Richmond are in form and I wouldn't take them lightly otherwise we could get done.

I'm not that worried about Richmond....provided Tarrant returns this week. They did look good against Sydney today, although Sydney really cost themselves the win with bad kicking.

Riewoldt had an absolute shocker against us earlier this season, and while he has obviously improved since then, I would feel pretty confident in Tarrant shutting him down again. We showed this week that even without the big names, our defence is definitely a team one so other guys will be getting back to help out.

Graham will more than likely have his hands full with Sandilands, which should hurt his offensive game. While McPhee could put the clamps on Newman, who has been instrumental in their turn around this year. I'd have DeBoer run with Deledio all day, while take your pick from Crowley and Hasleby for Connors.

I would like to see a Jake King-Hayden Ballantyne match up though. Not sure if Ballantyne has even been bigger than an opponent before....

That's if Ballantyne plays. Our potential list of outs when you factor in all of yesterdays injured players on top of what we already have is not very good.

That's if Ballantyne plays. Our potential list of outs when you factor in all of yesterdays injured players on top of what we already have is not very good.

He came back onto the ground and i think he kicked a goal after the injury, not to sure and in the last quarter when he ran full pace and soccered the ball, picked up and kicked it to McPhee in the 50, i'm pretty sure Ballantyne will be alright, all depends on how he pulls up

He came back onto the ground and i think he kicked a goal after the injury, not to sure and in the last quarter when he ran full pace and soccered the ball, picked up and kicked it to McPhee in the 50, i'm pretty sure Ballantyne will be alright, all depends on how he pulls up

I hope so. My little buddy had a fairly good game and would be a handy in against Richmond.

This will not be easy. Richmond match up well against us and they have found some good form. The midfield battle will be interesting because that is where we really struggle against the Tigers in the past and that is why they match up so well on us.

I'm going to say Fremantle by 10, but that is a tip of not much confidence.

deledio hurt his elbow today, not sure how bad, but i wouldnt mind if he werent to play. that mongrel cousins will need to be watched. he always saves his best for us the little prick

With Richmond getting some fire in their belly we wont be going over there with a mind set we might of had a few weeks ago.
Iirrc they had us on the back foot in round 5 before we rolled them. They would see that game as distant memory and neither team will take much out of that form.

It will be a danger game as far as our belief goes.
I reckon our guys will be really pumped just to prove the team and the plan is what football is about.
I'll be tipping us but not convinced we can win with Richmond getting theri tail up.

Saturday night in front of the box. Cant wait. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a game we should win and will win.

Freo by 27 pts.

Pavlich to heat up after a cool month. Bring Pearce in and play Duffman in the midfield.

Massive danger game for us. Richmond have their tails up and we just have too many quality players on the sidelines, so I would not be surprised to see us get done. Them by 22. :(

Taz back will shut down jack.mora will have a breakout game with 20 odd dis. & 4gls.pav will be back to his best with 5 gls (think geelong game).palmer 35 dis. aswell.de boer will end a tigers nite early:D

FREO BY 5 gls +

Hoping for a win, but need to wait for ins/outs before I can tip with any confidence.

I too would like to see Duff go into the middle, and give Sibo a run in his quarterback role (I hate that americanism term:eek:). Prior to this week, the WAFL reports were glowing, so a drop in output this week probably wont see this eventuate, and we dont debut too many away from Subi, unless they are Vic boys.

Massive danger game for us. Richmond have their tails up and we just have too many quality players on the sidelines, so I would not be surprised to see us get done. Them by 22. :(

Seems weird, a little over 3 months ago we were arguing over which rookies to elevate:rolleyes:

No problem on that front anymore, who woulda thought we'd so quickly run out of players to elevate (I believe Shep is out with a broken hand)?

I still reckon we've got the midfield firepower and height up forward to get the points, but in the unlikely event the Tigers win it would put them another game clear of the spoon:D

Yep this game is close to 50/50, and that will probably be reflected in the odds. We aren't playing at the same level that we did earlier in the season due to injuries, and the Tigers have won 4 out of their last 5.

BUT

They are coming off an emotional high - off the bottom of the ladder after another nailbiting victory. AND we've played more games (and won two of them) at the Dome than they have in 2010. We are stretched to breaking point in terms of injuries, especially in the back line, but if Tarrant plays we can just about cover them (basically just Riewoldt). And there's no chance of complacency given our injury woes and Richmond's improved form. I think it points to another gutsy road victory.

Freo by 15 points.

I agree with Belele, have to wait for the in's before I decide.
If we get McPharlin and Tarrant back, Fyfe comes up and 1 of Ruffles & Suban in I'll say us. Would be less confident if we have to bring Dodd back and don't have any other tall defenders.

We should win this, Sydney was leading with 5 goals late in the third... we can do better even without Barlow. We have been playing well in Etihad and only lost with a small margin to St Kilda. It looks like Cousins is in hospital today so unlikely to play.
Freo 19pnts.

I like you Fremantle supporters.

Although you are doing so well and deserve to be confident in your team, you never underestimate your opponents.

Always putting them over, although WC have won the more premierships, your supporters (especially in this thread) shows you have more character than Weagles supporters.

I really hope that Fremantle can rebound after Barlow's injury, you deserve some time in the sun. But of course, I'd like my Tigers to win this week :)

I'll go with Fremantle by 10, but I hope its an even contest and Fremantle do rebound.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R15 Fremantle FC -V- Richmond FC -=Who Will Win?=-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back