Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody will ever know, let's face it.
+

John, that's mind-reading stuff. Maybe. We'll never know.
If he had tackled and caused a stoppage, none of this would be discussed.
However, he chose to bump.

PA has a history of hurting oppo players to reduce their effectiveness. I have no doubt that Hinkley sent them out with instructions of 'incidental punishment' directed at our most effective players, with Rankine at or near the top of the list. Hence Port players piling onto an all-ready-tackled Crow.
Add up a few quarters of incidental punishment and your opposition is tired and sore ie less effective. Richmond did that shit for years under Hardwick, who was a grub when he played and infused his players with it.

Houston saw his chance to bump Rankine hard, m-a-y-b-e to wind him as you suggested or maybe to take the sting out of Rankine's elite skills. Or maybe to bump him into oblivion. We just don't know.
I want 2 things to happen:
--- for Houston to get at least 4 weeks.
--- for Rankine to recover fully, have a good break, then come back to training filled with resolve, even better than he has been.
No doubt the act was trying to hurt. If you break down the action, the act itself is still in the realms of legality only except if the player becomes concussed after the impact. Which ultimately translates to chance. Which ultimately means intention is anybody’s guess.

My angst really is based on the stupidity of the AFL and how they’re regulating the rules:
  • obvious concussion to a player
  • umpires call it play on or doesn’t bother to stop play, only to stop after a mark was being paid
  • possibly 4-6 weeks suspension

This paradoxical stupidity is what’s pissing me off. Houston is just playing to the rules of this stupidity.

So allegedly a child hit the Port mascot and gave them a bloody nose...Assuming this is true, how poor are Port that their mascot head doesn't have any padding? Can't afford a bit of foam?

Collingwood's fault for sure. If the Port mascot had been a magpie the padded beak may have provided sufficient cushioning.

Im calling absolute bs.

Youre telling me a kid was able to punch the mascot through that foam and inflict a blood nose?

Im not even sure an adult that knows how to box, could deliver a blow like that.
Given it happened at the start of the game, why wasn't Adelaide Oval security involved and ejected him.

Our club should be following this up. Kid given a ban from attending games.

Kid or not, it was a violent act. Does not need to be named, but should be punished.

Or........it is Port Adelaide bullshit.

Sam Mitchell just got asked about it in FoxFooty

He had no problem with it, thought that it adds to the theatre of the game and likes the fresh vibe young players are bringing to the competition.

He's the anti-Crow

Laird has literally thrown him under the bus with the last bit of that commentary - “We try and shy away from the club”. He could have left that bit off but being the pathetic wimp he is.

I’d respect any comment from Sam Mitchell as opposed to Laird.

Laird has literally thrown him under the bus with the last bit of that commentary - “We try and shy away from the club”. He could have left that bit off but being the pathetic wimp he is.

I’d respect any comment from Sam Mitchell as opposed to Laird.
Lairds legacy is losing. Maybe we should try and shy away from his legacy.

Given it happened at the start of the game, why wasn't Adelaide Oval security involved and ejected him.

Our club should be following this up. Kid given a ban from attending games.

Kid or not, it was a violent act. Does not need to be named, but should be punished.

Or........it is Port Adelaide bullshit.

I’d suggest it was a Port fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if already posted, but:

Laird sucks

Should we add this to the list of things the club shy away from. Being accountable, being successful, being competent.

All things being equal I don't mind the players getting into the face of opposition supporters, but I would prefer if we were actually a good footy side before we started engaging in shit talking of this nature. It kind of makes us look even more goofy than we are when we are doing it while we ****ing suck.

Not sure if already posted, but:

Laird sucks

Pity Laird doesn't shy away from things like... oh, loopy rainbow kicks, running himself and team mates into trouble, meaningless stat padding handballs into pressure, turning the ball over, being caught so often with the ball.

Just small things that might make us win a wee bit more.

Im calling absolute bs.

Youre telling me a kid was able to punch the mascot through that foam and inflict a blood nose?

Im not even sure an adult that knows how to box, could deliver a blow like that.
Spot on

Absolute horseshit

Got a nosebleed from being boiling hot inside the suit

To be fair to Laird he said that we shy away from talking in the media pre game aka port saying “we hate the club”

Laird wasn’t referring to being passionate and celebrating

The quote has been grabbed from two separate statements

Should we add this to the list of things the club shy away from. Being accountable, being successful, being competent.

All things being equal I don't mind the players getting into the face of opposition supporters, but I would prefer if we were actually a good footy side before we started engaging in shit talking of this nature. It kind of makes us look even more goofy than we are when we are doing it while we ****ing suck.
Sure, but don’t damn well publicly throw your young teammate under the bus while making your point

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back